Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Return of the Tech Discussion Thread (spoilers for all seasons sg-1 and atlantis)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Return of the Tech Discussion Thread (spoilers for all seasons sg-1 and atlantis)

i couldnt find the old tech thread i started a while back so here is a new one. anything goes, questions, discussion about any and all tech from any episode, SG-1 and atlantis. keep it civil, keep it light and fun. remember its a fictional tv show, so even if something is based on real theory, its still made up, no sense fighting about it. that being said have fun!

ill start us off. In "Demons" the leader of the village had the ring for calling down lightning strikes. was that goa'uld tech? and if so how could he use it before he got taken over by a symbiote? was the ring maybe just a trigger and there was some kind of satalite in orbit?

it kind of reminded me of some asgard tech, i don't know why it just seemed asgardy like in thors chariot when the sky turns all black. However the gould may have got the idea from the asgard or stole it
    Oneil: You ended the sentence in a preposition, you ba$tard!

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      i couldnt find the old tech thread i started a while back so here is a new one. anything goes, questions, discussion about any and all tech from any episode, SG-1 and atlantis. keep it civil, keep it light and fun. remember its a fictional tv show, so even if something is based on real theory, its still made up, no sense fighting about it. that being said have fun!

ill start us off. In "Demons" the leader of the village had the ring for calling down lightning strikes. was that goa'uld tech? and if so how could he use it before he got taken over by a symbiote? was the ring maybe just a trigger and there was some kind of satalite in orbit?
      I think it looks like Ancient Tech, it reminds me so much of when sg-1 went to Kheb and Oma killed all the Jaffa with lightning, I mean we know the ancients had the ability to control the weather, maybe this was the first step in this technology
      And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

In SG:A, "Letters From Pegasus" what was the BBB (Big Blue Beam ) from the wraith going up into the sky?

Comment

Originally posted by WraithAttack
          In SG:A, "Letters From Pegasus" what was the BBB (Big Blue Beam ) from the wraith going up into the sky?
          It was 'painting' the target a bit like our infrared laser pointers for guns just to mark the planet really ...I think lol
          And all these bad dreams, I wake up to the light. And when I can't sleep, I wake up to your eyes.

Comment

Why would they need to 'paint' a target though, all they did was capture the people on the planet and wreck all there buildings? Unless it was some sort of transport beam taking all there resources or somthing? Oh well think that target painting seems the most likely lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithAttack
              Remember the wraith ships are sorta alive, that beam has been discussed a number of times and most people including i think it is a way of repowering the wraith ships

Edit: i think im thinking of a different thing lol, ill have to rewatch what you saw unless im right?
              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                Remember the wraith ships are sorta alive, that beam has been discussed a number of times and most people including i think it is a way of repowering the wraith ships

Edit: i think im thinking of a different thing lol, ill have to rewatch what you saw unless im right?
                hmmm that sounds intriguing, living ships, so would they draw energy from the planets core?

Comment

or maybe the ships are able to absorb and use the life force on all the little furry animals and plant life? And the foot soldiers can't becuase it would be too much work to do so-so they go after the bigger life force.
                  Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
                  "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
                  "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
                  ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
                  McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
                  "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Originally posted by Steam

I would have no idea , It comes up at the 22 minute mark in Letters from Pegasus.

BTW I do like that theory though

Comment

I wonder how wraith reproduce, someone once suggested they just make the faceless warriors and im thinking thats what that beam was.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Working...
                      X