Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

three DC animated movies

Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox Ep.10182 min

saw this one, it is ok, nothing great, flash is gay in this one, i guess since being gay to day is seen as ok, they need to put one in every show. i don't really care if some one is gay, but just to put a gay person in a show to try and get ratings is just stupid, what do they think is going to happen, some gay person sees that there is is a gay character in a show and that is going to attract them, please have more respect for your audiance.

Justice League: War Ep.10180 min

now this one, i give a solid 7-8, very good, sat through the commercials and still enjoyed it, VERY good.

Justice League: Crisis On Two Earths Ep.10176 min

i got this dvd , it is ok, better than the flash point, but not as good as war, but well worth the watch.

haven't seen the others yet.

http://cwseed.com/shows/dc-spotlight...e-39698299400c

When did they show Flash to be gay? I know they made a joke about his mom thinking it since Barry kept saying there's something he needed to reveal but I don't recall anything about Barry being gay.

I actually thought War was the weakest and Crisis on Two Earths was the best. I felt War was very stiff and predictable. I like what they did with Batman and I like Bat's and Lantern's interaction (the arrogant Lantern is something to get used to but isn't bad). But everyone else just felt stiff.

Crisis I felt was a lot more fluid in plot and dialogue. It was irritating to see Luthor constantly get knocked out. And Owlman was an utter badass.

sigpic
    Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
    https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
      When did they show Flash to be gay? I know they made a joke about his mom thinking it since Barry kept saying there's something he needed to reveal but I don't recall anything about Barry being gay.

I actually thought War was the weakest and Crisis on Two Earths was the best. I felt War was very stiff and predictable. I like what they did with Batman and I like Bat's and Lantern's interaction (the arrogant Lantern is something to get used to but isn't bad). But everyone else just felt stiff.

Crisis I felt was a lot more fluid in plot and dialogue. It was irritating to see Luthor constantly get knocked out. And Owlman was an utter badass.
      I read it the other way around, I saw it as a confirmation that he was gay:

time index-14:34-14:40

mom:gay.

barry:what!?, no.

mom:it's ok, i love you no matter what.

barry:mom, it's not that, it's something else.

the way I heard it was that it WAS a confirmation that he was gay, there were no smirks or giggles, or any indication that it was a joke, that is the way I saw it at least.

as for war, yes they felt stiff, it was the first time they were working together, they were unsure they could trust each other, they had only heard of each other and never worked as a team as before, they needed time to learn about each other, batman and superman had barely know each other and cyborg had just learned his abilities, and Dianna was still new to the world of man, so yeah, they will be a little stiff at first.

crisis I found to be a little lacking, it even got a little confusing, I mean how did they get powers if they didn't have them before, and how would nukes effect ultra man, he could withstand them with no problem, as for the rest, eh they were just bad versions of each other, yes except for owl man and the WW , they were just phycos.

Comment

I felt the exact opposite was true for Flashpoint for the same reasons. I thought it was just a repeat of a common gay/pregnancy joke. Main character says there is a big secret they need to reveal. Main character's family/best friend jumps to a laughably wrong conclusion. It's usually pregnancy of it's a female and being gay if it's a male. In order for the joke to work both characters need to play it straight face and serious so the audience laughs at the sense of 'that's the first thing you think of?', hence why neither of them were laughing.

I didn't mean the characters behaved stiff as in they were suspicious. I meant the writing was stiff. Both Crisis and War used very common plots (Evil version of the JL and the JL first coming together). However, War's dialogue often felt like it was done to simply keep the plot moving. Characters said things simply because the plot needed said event to happen and nothing more. The only exception I felt was Lantern and Batman but everything else felt like it was in there simply because the writers thought it was needed for a JL movie.

Crisis felt more fluid with its dialogue. Yeah, it kept the plot moving but characters behaved like people. When **** hit the fan they got serious but there was also characters just being themselves.

As for how the made men got powers. I don't read the comics but even then DC has had alot of converting humans to meta-humans, usually through some machine or whatnot. I suspect it would be the same.

The character spotlight did leave out Power Ring, Johnny Quick, and Ultraman but if they tried to include everyone, the major characters roster would be eleven (both members of the JL plus Luthor). So, they cut out the villains that were least significant to the plot. And the ones still there did their roles well (though the romance between Rose and Jo'ann was unneeded).

sigpic
        Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
        https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

It was very obviously not saying he was gay / was completely making fun of that trope...lol
          Last edited by DigiFluid; 07 April 2017, 08:54 AM.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Definitely not given since they show that him an Iris are still an item.

The DC animated movies are all pretty much adapted from the comics, with a few adjustments so they don't tend to make sweeping changes like that.
            But that's a shame to be honest. They could do with having more gay Superheroes.
            Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by StargateMillennium View Post
              I felt the exact opposite was true for Flashpoint for the same reasons. I thought it was just a repeat of a common gay/pregnancy joke. Main character says there is a big secret they need to reveal. Main character's family/best friend jumps to a laughably wrong conclusion. It's usually pregnancy of it's a female and being gay if it's a male. In order for the joke to work both characters need to play it straight face and serious so the audience laughs at the sense of 'that's the first thing you think of?', hence why neither of them were laughing.

I didn't mean the characters behaved stiff as in they were suspicious. I meant the writing was stiff. Both Crisis and War used very common plots (Evil version of the JL and the JL first coming together). However, War's dialogue often felt like it was done to simply keep the plot moving. Characters said things simply because the plot needed said event to happen and nothing more. The only exception I felt was Lantern and Batman but everything else felt like it was in there simply because the writers thought it was needed for a JL movie.

Crisis felt more fluid with its dialogue. Yeah, it kept the plot moving but characters behaved like people. When **** hit the fan they got serious but there was also characters just being themselves.

As for how the made men got powers. I don't read the comics but even then DC has had alot of converting humans to meta-humans, usually through some machine or whatnot. I suspect it would be the same.

The character spotlight did leave out Power Ring, Johnny Quick, and Ultraman but if they tried to include everyone, the major characters roster would be eleven (both members of the JL plus Luthor). So, they cut out the villains that were least significant to the plot. And the ones still there did their roles well (though the romance between Rose and Jo'ann was unneeded).
              ok, I bow to the superior knowledge, I got it wrong, it was just a joke.

I try to over look things that, if the plot flows decently enough then it isn't a big deal to me, that is unless it sounds like the guy is reading directly from a script, that is too much for even me.

as for crisis, eh, to each their own.

as for the made men, ya got a point.

I agree with the romance thing, really unneeded.

Comment

Working...
              X