This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The last time you laughed

When was the last time you really, really laughed out loud? The kind of laughter that leaves you breathless and your sides aching because you laughed so hard? What was the reason?

Easy! I've just come from Shadow's Sulky Thread. Turns out we share the same thoughts about British Sausages, and a love of Terry Pratchett!

(Keep it to yourself,but I've always really liked Shadow.)

Actually the TLW thread players usually manage to get me in a similar LOL condition.
    The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Easy one....just came from TLW....ALWAYS has me laughing out loud
      Life is short, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And live out loud with no regrets..

Comment

Saw Shrek 2 yesterday. I didn't laugh as much as my sister did (she was getting loud and embarrassing), but I did laugh a lot. I'm going to have to see it again to find out what references I missed the first time.

The Character Appreciation Thread cracks me up, and Luke always makes me laugh.

Aside from that, I dunno. I usually do a fair amount of laughing at work. A curmudgeonly boss, a manager who always takes us seriously, and a teen slacker in love make for a very interesting work environment, especially when I'm added into the mix.

Comment

Two times in the last week:

On Monday at school, I had the chicken patty. I bite into it, and when I started chewing, something was crunching rather badly. I guess I had a wierd look on my face, because my buddy said: "Does it taste bad?" and I said: "No, it's just rather crunchy." Well my other buddy said (in the straighest and most serious face he could): "You just ate the prize inside!"

And towards the end of Shrek 2 on Thursday I almost died from laughting.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

I'm cracking up right now watching Tom Hanks in "The Money Pit". The bathroom scene when the tub falls through the floor and he begins to laugh hysterically slays me everytime!

I love a good comedy, TV or film.
            "You cannot reason with your own heart;
            it has it's own laws and beats about things
            which the intellect scorns."
            - Mark Twain -

Comment

They showed a re-run of the 2 hour Inside the Actors Studio with Mike Myers recently and even though I'd seen it before I still LMAO. "It's like buttah!"

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I laughed at Coupling the other evening, so hard that I missed half the jokes.

I lauged at my sons yesterday. I was in a clothes shop to buy them sunhats, and told them to wait while I went to the till. They interpreted 'wait' as 'set up camp underneath a couple of chairs and remove your sandals to make a wall out of them'. After I'd paid, my attempts to get us all out of the shop were met with "Alright, just as soon as the dragon has attacked and been defeated" from Firstborn. Youngest copies everything Firstborn says or does, but can't actually speak yet. So he just said "Week week habrabrab mrah rrrrrah" but in a very careful way, using the tone of voice that someone might use to a person they thought was a bit dim, and then giving me that 'is that clear?' sort of look. I couldn't help laughing.

They were enticed out by the new hats. But Youngest was still in a Dragon frame of mind and roared and made scary claw hands at all the old ladies in the shop.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  They showed a re-run of the 2 hour Inside the Actors Studio with Mike Myers recently and even though I'd seen it before I still LMAO. "It's like buttah!"
                  "Like a big tub of buttah!" I'm laughing just thinking about it. And the one with Robin Williams on it for two full hours was the best ever! I laughed so hard that I had a splitting headache and my throat hurt when it was over. The man is insane.
                  "You cannot reason with your own heart;
                  it has it's own laws and beats about things
                  which the intellect scorns."
                  - Mark Twain -

Comment

At work a few weeks ago, two of my friends and I went to the store, 2 of us stayed in the vehicle while the other went inside. So, we moved the car to the other side of the parking lot. We figured she would see that we moved because it was a small parking lot, but nope she didn't. She came skipping, out of the store swinging her bag around (I'm not exaggerating when I say that either) and went to this other car that looked similar to the one we were in. But, guess what, it was locked!!!! We were laughing so hard we couldn't even yell to her where we were. Eventually, she looked over and saw us. But, that's the most I had ever laughed.
                    "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

A group of us went to watch Bill Bailey at the Lowry the other week. He was absolutely hilarious.

And I was watching Wild Things last night and laughed at that but only because the plot was ludicrous.
                      Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        I lauged at my sons yesterday. I was in a clothes shop to buy them sunhats, and told them to wait while I went to the till. They interpreted 'wait' as 'set up camp underneath a couple of chairs and remove your sandals to make a wall out of them'. After I'd paid, my attempts to get us all out of the shop were met with "Alright, just as soon as the dragon has attacked and been defeated" from Firstborn. Youngest copies everything Firstborn says or does, but can't actually speak yet. So he just said "Week week habrabrab mrah rrrrrah" but in a very careful way, using the tone of voice that someone might use to a person they thought was a bit dim, and then giving me that 'is that clear?' sort of look. I couldn't help laughing.

They were enticed out by the new hats. But Youngest was still in a Dragon frame of mind and roared and made scary claw hands at all the old ladies in the shop.
                        This post has definately been the funniest thing for a while. Definately LOL!

I have been known to go into hysterics over nothing. Sometimes something will just set me off, and I just can't stop. It can drive people around me mad, especially if they don't get the joke!
                        sigpic

Comment

I laughed at Madeleine's post!! I'm a music teacher in a High school, and my colleagues and I are always having a laugh. It's the only way to survive being a teacher!!!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Watched Ice Age and Monty Python's Holy Grail last night. I have never laughed so hard in my life. Totally my sense of humour.

I love the bit where scrat (the squirrel/rat thing) put his acorn on a stick into the fire and it turns into popcorn.
                            Honk if you love cheese

Comment

I read a page of science jokes once. Most of THEM made me laugh. And then I tried sharing them with friends, who just gave me blank, funny looks and that made me laugh harder. "Get it?? BOHR Constrictor! Bwahahaha!"

Comment

Working...
                              X