This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jason Momoa now official to play Ronon Dex

Ok, here's the "Proof" you've all been waiting for. I hope youre all happy now. You know, just because someone can't reveal their sources for a story, doesnt mean that they are lying. Please just accept, that some people in this world aren't out to trick and fool you at every opertunity. Some people arent in the habbit of telling lies, and try to help out people with some new information. Sure, some people lie, and are nasty, but i'm not one of them. It was never my aim to make you all hate me, but that seems to be whats happened.

http://www.variety.co.uk/article/VR1...goryId=28&cs=1
    Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
    Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
    Citizen Joe

Originally posted by Butterfly-Dreamer
    Ok, here's the "Proof" you've all been waiting for. I hope youre all happy now. You know, just because someone can't reveal their sources for a story, doesnt mean that they are lying. Please just accept, that some people in this world aren't out to trick and fool you at every opertunity. Some people arent in the habbit of telling lies, and try to help out people with some new information. Sure, some people lie, and are nasty, but i'm not one of them. It was never my aim to make you all hate me, but that seems to be whats happened.

There's already a thread on this topic, so it's a bit redundant to repost it from the other thread.

As to the rest of your comments. You honestly would have been a lot more believable if your presentation was. While people do have sources they don't reveal, you also disclosed information that your source (according toyou) didn't even know you revealed, which isn't proper. Period. Nobody hates you, but you do need to learn how to present information in a more reasonable fashion (the "I told you so" stuff rubs people the wrong way no matter who you are, sorry to say).

Comment

Most of us have been burned enough with false spoilers not to trust someone who hasn't posted much here and hasn't presented proven spoilers before. It's not you. It's that we'd rather not get excited or upset over things that may not turn out. For myself, I think there are three or four people on this forum whose information I trust, and that's because their information has proven reliable in the past. You have to build that kind of trust — you can't just waltz in with unnamed sources and expect everyone to believe you. Believe it or not, but there have been people who come into sites like this with totally random information that turns out to be completely untrue, just to stir the pot.

As for this article, nowhere does it say that he's playing Ronan Dex, and the character description doesn't quite match what we know of the character from GateWorld's previous information. So no offense, but I'm going to wait until it comes up on GW's front page.
      Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
      Last update: 14 April 2006
      Melyanna's Multimedia
      Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

Originally posted by Melyanna
        As for this article, nowhere does it say that he's playing Ronan Dex, and the character description doesn't quite match what we know of the character from GateWorld's previous information. So no offense, but I'm going to wait until it comes up on GW's front page.
        Gatworld gets its spoiler information from sides - incomplete casting sides - that fans have found on the web. This information is and has always been subject to change. As are all spoilers. This also includes names.

While the initial information posted about Jason was not backed up with fact, VARIETY is in fact a trade paper. www.variety.com - they're a professional for-profit newspaper that has been in business, well, longer than most fans on this board have been alive. Variety gets its information from studios, from agents, and the like, and this information is for the entertainment industry, not the fans, hence the lack of picky details like character names. Virtually all information on GW and other fan sites is simply gleaned from the press, such as reports like these.

I'm sure that Darren can easily confirm this casting information with his contacts.
        Last edited by prion; 24 February 2005, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I've checked with a contact and gotten more detail on the character description than what was on GateWorld. Variety's information is pretty much word-for-word what I found.
          Mirror, Mirror: Melyanna's multi-fandom fic site
          Last update: 14 April 2006
          Melyanna's Multimedia
          Last update: 15 February 2006

Comment

I'm Baaaaack!

Keep in mind that Wyld1 and I were the first to report this, and I was attacked so much, that I said that I would stay away until it was "officially" announced by some magazine or other "reliable" source, since I was just some stupid Prim 'tah (right ShadowMaat?)

Heck, my private message area here is full of slamming messages and insults that I must be "on crack", "don't have a reliable source", "am some idiot spreading rumors", etc. What an unfriendly bunch of people. Plus my "rating" here is in the toilet because some people tried to use their "power" as a Goa'uld level here to smash me. You know, I am just glad that the people here are not related to the people that put on the Stargate shows. I love the shows, just like you, but greatly dislike how a new person is treated around here.

Comment

Just remember who brought it to you first.

You're welcome.

Comment

You can't blame the people here for distrusting you - we have been burned time after time with folks coming in here with false rumors. Most people, like myself, just prefer to wait until something is officially posted.

Also - giving out info before an official announcement could create legal problems, or even get the "informant" in trouble, and none of us wants to see that happen.

Sorry that some folks here "dinged" your reputations. Stick around and join in the future conversations. This really is a fun place once you know us.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

I agree with what FoolishPleasure has said now that it’s been confirmed thank you for dropping by and letting us know. You can understand why people were cautious to the news as it was not officially confirmed be any one. Again I’m glade you have stuck around it’s really good forum once you get into it there are some fantastic people here. On behalf of forum members I apologies if you felt victimised or got some nasty messages unfortunately there almost always people on any forum you go to who give you red points and send you stupid PM there’s not much you can do about it to be honest I have had my share of red points and bad PM’s. But enjoy your time on the forum.
                  "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

No problem, and I understand. With my very first message I stated that for unspecified reasons I was unable to declare a source. Mostly because I couldn't give you any proof other than what I say. Unfortunately, not all news breaks first on the internet.

Comment

The real question is .... WHY? Did Canada run out of character actors?

At his height, which I saw as 6'4", most of the actors will need 1/2 apple creates just to make eye contact.
                      The very young, do not always do what they are told.

"To me, my board" - Silver Surfer

Comment

Hmm...looks more like a Klingon.

Why did I enlist during a time of war? Because I'm "Army Strong," not "Army Smart."

Forget this "Army of One" BS. I signed up to "Be all that I can be!"

Comment

AA! THE KLINGON'S ARE INVADING STARGATE!!!! *runs around in circles*

Besides that, maybe an eye patch or...hell, have both of his eyes missing and he has an acute sense of hearing! That would be cool...oh, and scars, and messy, unkept look that doesn't change because why would he care?

Make him not-prettyman. Make it look like he's been running for a long time.

Still wishing they had just kept Ford.
                          *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

Everyone is welcome here, and inside info about the show is welcome here. But please recognize that it's easy for anyone to come here and make up anything (and they do), so we'll say "Hi" and "Thank you" and wait for it to be confirmed. Don't be offended that not everyone instantly believes you and wants to be invited to your birthday party.

Regulars, don't be mean.

Finally, the "I told you so" tone of this thread isn't helping anyone. We'll close it and let the Ronan / Jason discussion continue in the other (multiple) threads.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                            X