• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Doomworld (216)

Visit the Episode GuideLEGENDS OF TOMORROW - SEASON TWO
    DOOMWORLD
    EPISODE NUMBER - 216
    The team faces perhaps its greatest challenge after the Legion rewrites reality, leaving them scattered and the villains in power -- and Amaya and Sara working for Damien Darhk. While Nate and Ray try to restore their friends' memories, Thawne plans to destroy the Spear so that his new reality will be permanent.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 April 2017, 08:21 PM.

This was kind of a fun episode by the incredibly low standards the show has. I suppose it's pointless to complain how inconsistent the show is about people's powers and skill.

There's so many things that made no sense, I'm not sure there would be any point in keeping track of them all, but it was still an interesting scenario to see all the characters in.

Maybe actor availability is a factor here, but I couldn't help but think some situations should have been different if this was Eobard Thawne's fantasy world. Shouldn't The Flash have been the one in the Black Flash's place? Why would he keep The Black Flash around but let Damien Dark be the one to finish off his most hated nemesis?

Thawne should have been able to defeat everyone else in that fight singlehandedly, but inexplicably taken out for most of it. They couldn't even keep the effects of Snart's gun consistent withing a single scene. But these are problems that, not only the show, but the entire Arrowverse has always had.

Ray's memory gun was so stupidly convenient that he might as well have literally named it "The Dues Ex Machina."

But what struck me about this episode was just how often the bad guys should have won despite that. It seems like it would have made more sense for Eobard to kill Steel himself when he first showed up. It even seemed like the type of thing he would have enjoyed doing. And then when Snart said "Sounds like fitting final words to me," that felt like the moment he should have pulled the trigger.

But for some reason the thing that bothered me the most was that what happened to Amaya. Specifically, I can't help but feel it would have been so much cooler if Thawne had been the one to kill her. It feels like a really big missed opportunity. He ended up taking the Spear anyway a few moments later so I think it would have punctuated the "shock" of her death a lot more if he had zoomed up behind her and phased his hand through her.

The suddenness at which speedsters can kill people is part of the whole reason why they are so intimidating. Plus, unlike Captain Cold, the Reverse Flash has some kinda scary musical cues associated with him. More importantly it would have made everyone seem less like a bunch of slow witted imbeciles that just gormlessly stood there while Snart just casually shoots their only hope of saving the day.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

On that whole Mya scene, it really cemented the returned snart as NO LONGER viable for anything but a villan..
      And as for when Eobard was out, right after being 'home run hitted" by the spear, WHY DIDN'T someone go over there and KILL HIM!!!?!?!?!

Comment

Well this was always a very different Snart than the one they had on their crew, and the show never really suggested otherwise.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I was about to rant how ending the series while the others were still on air would ruin the continuity of both Flash and Arrow (how can they still be alive if they're dead in Legends etc) but then I realised there was 17 episodes this season

I do wish just for giggles they'd take off the other three next week and just have the Legends run on it's own while they 'fix' reality (and not run Arrow this week) just for a little bit of lol continuity....

Comment

Working...
          X