X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The official stargate magazine

For all of you in the UK go to WH Smith and buy it its awesome
    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
    love Torri

Originally posted by qasimjavid
    Bought the third edition today.

Haven't had chance to look at it - but I am entering the competition for the Season 7 boxset and SG-1 Season 8 DVD. :-)

Comment

I'm in New York and have been looking for it in Barnes & Noble and Borders but so far they haven't carried it. Any ideas as to how I can purchase a copy without necessarily subscribing yet. I mean before I purchase a subscription I'd like to get an idea of the product
      Michael Shanks in Local Custom and Ben Browder in Interlopers

Comment

Originally posted by ruach
        I'm in New York and have been looking for it in Barnes & Noble and Borders but so far they haven't carried it. Any ideas as to how I can purchase a copy without necessarily subscribing yet. I mean before I purchase a subscription I'd like to get an idea of the product
        I don't know where you could find it in the UK.

You could try and see if there is any on Ebay that you could buy before suscribing, but the magazine is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by ruach
          IMO the third issue is the best one so far. If you want to learn more about the first 2, prion wrote reviews on these 2 threads

Stargate Official Magazine #1 Review

Stargate Official Magazine #2 Review

NC

Comment

Well the third issue is great, especially the feature on the two finales and the various interviews spotted throughout (Including Brad Wright, Damien Kindler, Rob Cooper, Colin Cunningham, Torri Higginson, Chris Judge, and more).

Again this issue has Art Cards which include one of SG-1 and one of the Atlantis team (Minus Teyla), which probably aren't included in the U.S. Edition, like the first itime round.

The producer interviews give more information on season 9 which is open to interpretation, and the Double Sided Poster is of Torri Higginson/Amanda Tapping.

For U.S. Readers or those that havn't seen late Season 8 or Atlantis (Threads, Moebius, The Seige) then this issue will spoil a major surprise plot point for Threads, and various Moebius, The Seige spoilers are scattered in. If your a spoiler phobe, AVOID.

Comment

yeh its freaking amazing. i loved the on the set diary!
              sigpic
              Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I love it the 3rd one nots out just yet 2morro i think . but i like it so far
                Try and have as much fun as you can ... you'll never know how long it will last

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                  I just bought a magazine and the cover was SG1 team. Is that the same magazine that you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                    I just bought a magazine and the cover was SG1 team. Is that the same magazine that you are talking about.
                    The new one has an image of Carter - Teal'c and Daniel on with Sheppard and Weir in the bottom left hand corner.

Here is the cover art:

Last edited by TheWarrior; 27 February 2005, 01:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NearlyCircular
                      IMO the third issue is the best one so far. If you want to learn more about the first 2, prion wrote reviews on these 2 threads

Stargate Official Magazine #1 Review

Stargate Official Magazine #2 Review

NC
                      3rd review is up at

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthrea...726#post354726

Warning: it does contain spoilers to the season finales for SG1 season 8 and SGA season 1...

The issues get better with each one. I should really subscribe than waiting for Barnes & Nobles to restock their shelves (Borders doesn't even carry it in my area!)

Comment

where can I order Stargate Magazine cause the one I just bought yesterday was not the same. though it has alot of the same articles, it is still not the same one. Can anyone point me to a link where I can order said magazine

Comment

Color me shallow but I enjoy things like photos that aren't the of the screencap variety so often available on the web. Not that I don't enjoy the interviews and back story stuff. I really do. There is something so much more substantial, more in depth when you get a print publication I love Gateworld and have lurked here for ages but that doesn't mean I can't appreciate fannish things not available on the net.
                          Michael Shanks gives aural pleasure

Comment

Originally posted by gatebee
                            where can I order Stargate Magazine cause the one I just bought yesterday was not the same. though it has alot of the same articles, it is still not the same one. Can anyone point me to a link where I can order said magazine
                            Here is the offical magazine site - haven't checked to see if you can just buy Issue 3 or you have to subscribe and get 12 issues etc

http://www.titanbooks.com/ukstargate_sg1.html

Comment

Working...
                            X