X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1969 boo boo

I just noticed a slight boo boo by the writers on SG-1
    When Jack is asked who he is He uses Captain Kirk as a pseudenim (i know i've probably spelt that wrong) but Star trek aired 3 years previously

"Star Trek" (1966)
    [TV-Series 1966-1969]

Perhaps the interigator had never seen stark trek or the writers just slipped
    Sam: "Mission command...all systems go from Abydos One."

I believe in that episode, they also showed the Sears Tower in Chicago, which had not been built in 1969. Mistakes are to be expected......

Comment

So whats actually your point? He also says that he is Luke Skywalker. And i think Star Wars aired a bit later then 1969. So he couldnt have heard about him
      "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

I'm just going to move this thread into the seasons 1-5 folder where it belongs.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by abydos 01
          Or perhaps the interrogator was trained not to engage with the prisoner. He obviously didn't believe him, he just refused to enter into a debate about Star Trek.
          Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
          - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Jack says a lot of stuff to rile up people... like what Jonas says to him in "Full Circle":

Is it really necessary to further antagonize him? (Jonas)
            Yes. (O’Neill)
            Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
            more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

When Jack is asked who he is He uses Captain Kirk as a pseudenim (i know i've probably spelt that wrong) but Star trek aired 3 years previously

"Star Trek" (1966)
              [TV-Series 1966-1969]

Don't forget, Star Trek: TOS was not a very popular show, there is a reason it only lasted 3 years. It wasn't till after it was canceled that it became really popular. The average people in 1969 probably still havn't heard of or seen Star Trek. In fact, I guarantee if I tell everyone I see tomorrow that I am Jack O'Neill, they would have no idea who that is.
              -GuyFromOH
              I'm a guy, from Ohio.
              ------------------------------------
              Teal'c: "Chelnak!"
              Daniel: "Direct translation: Very
              cool!"

Comment

Originally posted by GuyFromOH
                Don't forget, Star Trek: TOS was not a very popular show, there is a reason it only lasted 3 years. It wasn't till after it was canceled that it became really popular. The average people in 1969 probably still havn't heard of or seen Star Trek. In fact, I guarantee if I tell everyone I see tomorrow that I am Jack O'Neill, they would have no idea who that is.
                Although not everyone knows about Stargate where im from, they did say they knew what the show was about.
                Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

either the guy had never heard of star trek, or he knew what o'neill was talking about and just figured he was being a smartass.

Comment

"Star Trek" (1966)
                    [TV-Series 1966-1969]

ACtually I don't think it matter because eather way Jack would still play a joke on him

Comment

didnt star trek originate in 1977--they only reason i remember that is becuase my sister was born in 1977.

"Are you trying to tell me that you...built a time machine, out of a Delorean"- Marty Mcfly

Comment

Star Wars entered theatres in '77. Star Trek was made in the sixties.

Comment

trek ran 66-69, starwars premiered in 77

theoretically, thornbird could have known who kirk was, but would have had no idea who skywalker was. i'm not even sure if lucas had the story written by then

a bigger boo-boo.....check out young hammond's eyes. the real hammond's are blue, his are brown

although, to give credit where credit is due, he did have the accent down

and there is also the fact that danny's birthday is in july, woodstock was in the summer of 69 and daniel said he was 4 1/2....which he couldn't have been with a july birthday
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I thought he said "About four years old." Did he say 4 1/2?

Comment

Originally posted by David
                              I thought he said "About four years old." Did he say 4 1/2?

O'Neill: You know, the 'Vette blew it when they went with that body style.
                              They used to be so cool.

Daniel: Actually, I was about four and a half years old in '69.

true, he doesn't say 'now' but still, it can be interpreted that he was 4 1/2 at the time they were, which was mid to late summer going by clothing and the fact that michael and jenny were headed to woodstock
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X