This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Symbol on Stargate (Moebius Spoilers)

In Moebius Pt 2 it clearly shows the seventh chevron lock into place, yet it shows the Giza POO. Shouldn't it be a different one, since it's the Antartic gate? Carter said Solitudes that she hadn't seen the POO on the Antartic gate before, proving it's different. So what gives?

yeh, some stupid continuity stuff...
    sigpic
    Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yes, obviously, they arnt going to change the symbol as its part of the mold. It was like that during the time the Antarctic gate was in the SGC when teh russians got our gate also. And its on every offworld plannet also Something that should be nitpiked in the fact that when we see a back view of the gate in Moebius Part 1 we see all the symbols and chevrons, but its the back of the gate so we shouldent.

I give green for signatures with ancient in them

Comment

Originally posted by Replicarter
        Yes, obviously, they arnt going to change the symbol as its part of the mold. It was like that during the time the Antarctic gate was in the SGC when teh russians got our gate also. And its on every offworld plannet also Something that should be nitpiked in the fact that when we see a back view of the gate in Moebius Part 1 we see all the symbols and chevrons, but its the back of the gate so we shouldent.
        Well to be fair the gate was CGI, but then again thats even less of an excuse I just realised about the Antarctic Symbol, but I think they wanted to reflect the grandness of dialing up the stargate (hence using the movie sctivation music), and most people only recognise the Pyramid Sun as Earth's symbol. But they have changed the symbol for other planets so it seems to be an ommision from the memory of the Art Department.

Infact I was annoyed by the enite dialing sequence in Moebius, I mean it should have acted as an offworld gate, with no spinning, no need for long pauses or locking chevrons. But then again, we have never seen a Milky Way gate getting dialed by a Puddle Jumper before.

As for the Gate itself, the dialing sequence shows more than anything else that the gate has a set function in the way it works, and because it's the studio gate, I don't think they even thought about changing the POO, again another miscommunication.
        Last edited by Whistler; 24 February 2005, 12:11 PM.

Comment

They have always shown the Original PoO when the SGC used the Antarctic Gate.

Nothing new here.

Comment

Originally posted by Whistler
            Infact I was annoyed by the enite dialing sequence in Moebius, I mean it should have acted as an offworld gate, with no spinning, no need for long pauses or locking chevrons. But then again, we have never seen a Milky Way gate getting dialed by a Puddle Jumper before.

As for the Gate itself, the dialing sequence shows more than anything else that the gate has a set function in the way it works, and because it's the studio gate, I don't think they even thought about changing the POO, again another miscommunication.

I choose to believe that Stargates without the REAL DHD dial that way. And in Atlantis, even when the gate is remote dialed, the DHD lights up like it was dialing, which leads me to the conclusion, that the remote dialers just dials the DHD. Anyhoo, what I'm trying to say is that the gate spins if there is no DHD connected to it (see S8 Icon, the only off world gate we ever see spin, and the DHD is NOT connected to it), regardless of how its dialed
            FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Working...
            X