For the sake of closure to the series

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the sake of closure to the series

Does anyone else think that the crew who evacuated to Novus in "Twin Destinies" are the original crew and the crew we follow up until "Gauntlet" are just the alternate versions?

I know it doesn't solve the main mystery of the show but it was a hell of an arc to finish on to make the message of the show to be about "the journey itself"

For me it's hard to decide who the "real" crew is. Since we are inherently limited on who's storyline we can really follow. The answer is both and neither. In the context of an alternate universe, one is just as much the originals as the other. I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for.

Comment

Given the many variations of the crew in the two short seasons, you are right, who is to say who the originals are really, I guess it is up to interpretation, the crew from "Time" could have the same thing said about them too.

But in terms of finishing the story overall I think the "Novus crew" do it justice

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
        For me it's hard to decide who the "real" crew is. Since we are inherently limited on who's storyline we can really follow. The answer is both and neither. In the context of an alternate universe, one is just as much the originals as the other. I know that's probably not the answer you were looking for.
        You would first have to go back to Twin destinies and determine is the original group who LEFT while leaving rush behind the 'true crew' or the ones he intercepted and STOPPED doing it, the true group/

Comment

The true group is the one before the events in "Time" happened. So by the events in "Life" it wasn't even the original crew on Destiny since they all went back to the planet (well, almost all of them), which enabled for any alternate versions of it to find the Kinos and their own human remains (yeah, it sounds freaky).

Except in "Time", the crew's actions didn't directly affect their status on Earth (at least on a long term), since the "final" Scott in the "final" Kino footage basically ended up saving everyone's ***. I don't think Cl. Young would have risked using the communication stones while everyone on board was infected by the disease from the water from the ice planet episode. However, in "Twin Destinies", that's far more complicated, since the future Rush basically travelled 24h back in time to stop everyone dialing back to Earth while inside a star. During his time travel, everyone back on Earth might have thought that everyone on the ship is dead and that the ship itself was destroyed. So it's the "final" crew after the final event from "Time" that's now dead (Scott's Kino recording scene at the end) and the crew from the end of "Twin Destinies" is the one that's still in one piece.

So, to put it simply... the original crew is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Mnikolic View Post

So it's the "final" crew after the final event from "Time" that's now dead (Scott's Kino recording scene at the end) and the crew from the end of "Twin Destinies" is the one that's still in one piece.

So, to put it simply... the original crew is dead.
            Wow! Great job deciphering all of that but I'm pretty sure I'm dizzy now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Shiner833 View Post
              Wow! Great job deciphering all of that but I'm pretty sure I'm dizzy now!!!
              Why? Are you a blonde?
              http://i.imgur.com/gDxdl9E.gif

​ ​

Comment

Originally posted by Who Knows View Post
                Why? Are you a blonde?
                Actually...yes! I'm a dumb fireman you have to draw pictures and color code things for me!

Comment

Regardless of time travel headache stuff, of all the alternate crews I think the Novus colony version were the most successful out of the entire lot and certainly had the better ending, even if the mission wasn't exactly completed.

Comment

Working...
                  X