This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should/will S9 be the last one?

Nine seasons is ok. More than ok, it's awesome.

Emmerich did the movie in 1994 and I expected a second film in 2004. With or without the tv show ongoing, a movie between the two seasons would have rocked. (X-Files did that)

Now, there's another good chance to use the *10 years later* tagline.
    Producers should consider SG1's movie in 2007. That'd make S9 the last one.
    And I'd be ok with that.

Honestly, what happened to the two movies projects?
    One was supposed to happen in season 2 time, released directly on DVD.
    Second project was set to be the theaters movie.

Perhaps the S2 straight-to-DVD movie turned into the Moebius 1&2 script?

Re: more than S9, I'm reading CJ's interview in the official mag. Vol. 3, and he thinks the show should go at least 10!

hrh

Comment

I have followed Stargate SG-1 since the first series bought them on DVD too as many of us have - but I really feel they should have let this series die off after finishing Season 8 - They are making a serious mistake going on churning this out more.

I just can't see how this will survive beyond a next season anyway while introducing new characters introduces new blood - the original feel of the series is dissapearing and the show many know and love as they knew it wont be there. Personally I will miss Jacks humour, and with possibly AT maybe having a reduced role now with her new baby coming along (best wishes on that) - I can see her needing maternity leave anyway. - thus meaning reduced role also.

If this does go on to Season 10 - I just dont know how they will make it work - the X Files died on Season 9 after the fact that the original cast had gone already. Fans will either love the new style SG-1 or hate it. I think the jury is out right now. !

Comment

Maybe it should go on forever
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I think they should just leave it at nine.

To me, the overall feeling of the show is really down.

It was at its prime in season 4 and season 5. It started to go a little downhill from there. It got too much into the Earth-based storylines. The NID just went on for too long.

Jonas was one of the best things about season 6 even though the season was down.

Season 7, the same.

Season 8 has (for some unknown reason, to me) an overall feeling that is pretty low, but when I look at it, it was actually a really good season. I don't know why...

I just think that it should end at season 9...

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
          Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

Originally posted by kacchoiize

Emmerich did the movie in 1994 and I expected a second film in 2004. With or without the tv show ongoing, a movie between the two seasons would have rocked. (X-Files did that)

And I'd be ok with that.

I don't think there should be any debate...seasons after 9 SHOULD happen..I mean, we have some GREAT new additions to the cast that really breathe fresh air to things..Ben Browder for one. It's like the show is starting over in a way. I think SG-1 has MANY more seasons of life left into it.
            It feels good to be alive.
            Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
              I don't think there should be any debate...seasons after 9 SHOULD happen..I mean, we have some GREAT new additions to the cast that really breathe fresh air to things..Ben Browder for one. It's like the show is starting over in a way. I think SG-1 has MANY more seasons of life left into it.
              Yeah... Ben Browder kind of makes me think, 'okay, yes to season 10'...

Comment

I think it'd be really really cool if Stargate became the next Star Trek. Star Trek has been going on forever although the cast have changed more times than I change socks in a year.

It would ofcourse be extremely cool if Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Dannyboy could go on forever and just continue fighting bad guys, but obviously that's impossible. Atlantis is a very good addition to the Stargate universe since it gives some fresh air to work in.

A ninth season is great, no matter who's in it. I think there sould be a tenth and a twentieth. The Stargate Universe is too incredible a creation to just die and be forgotten...
                You were having coffee?!?
                - Daniel (End Game)

Comment

Originally posted by Olmen
                  I think it'd be really really cool if Stargate became the next Star Trek. Star Trek has been going on forever although the cast have changed more times than I change socks in a year.

It would ofcourse be extremely cool if Sam, Jack, Teal'c and Dannyboy could go on forever and just continue fighting bad guys, but obviously that's impossible. Atlantis is a very good addition to the Stargate universe since it gives some fresh air to work in.

A ninth season is great, no matter who's in it. I think there sould be a tenth and a twentieth. The Stargate Universe is too incredible a creation to just die and be forgotten...
                  You can't forget about Stargate Atlantis.

That'll go on for a while (I hope).

The Stagate Universe won't die when Stargate SG-1 does.

Comment

Originally posted by icat
                    I have followed Stargate SG-1 since the first series bought them on DVD too as many of us have - but I really feel they should have let this series die off after finishing Season 8 - They are making a serious mistake going on churning this out more.

I just can't see how this will survive beyond a next season anyway while introducing new characters introduces new blood - the original feel of the series is dissapearing and the show many know and love as they knew it wont be there. Personally I will miss Jacks humour, and with possibly AT maybe having a reduced role now with her new baby coming along (best wishes on that) - I can see her needing maternity leave anyway. - thus meaning reduced role also.

If this does go on to Season 10 - I just dont know how they will make it work - the X Files died on Season 9 after the fact that the original cast had gone already. Fans will either love the new style SG-1 or hate it. I think the jury is out right now. !
                    If they let that King Arthur Merlin crap infest and infect Season 9, then I hope and pray it dies painfully. I absolutely hate that era of history and feel it has no place in the Stargate Universe. If they allow that toxic waste to pollute the Stargate plot, I hope it ends quickly.

If they actually finished up some previous arcs and plots, I hope it would go on forever. I love Stargate, but I won't put up with excrement like Merlin. What a waste of episodes to even bother with that low life English swill.

Comment

They shouldn't end the show soley based on how many seasons it has had. They should end it when the stories start sucking, and as far as I'm concerned, they've been getting better, and season 9 sounds awesome from what we know.

Comment

They should have finished it off after season 7. Season 8 was sorta OK. But now that a new crew is coming in, it could be interesting. Kind of a spinoff without actually being a spin off.

... As long as the normal theme isn't polluted by nonsensical "legend".
                        Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

i think, unless the ratings for the 'new and improved stargate' really, really, really suck, scifi will want there to be a s10 for the simple bragging rights of equalling/beating x-files and being the 'longest running sci-fi show ever'

i doubt they'll care if it's quality tv....just that it's on and they can brag

so i'm betting that s10 stands a better than average chance of surviving

and really, even if s9 massively sucks, they'll drag it out for another season
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

@Skydiver: Does make sense. I totally agree. Now please chuck some of those rep points at me.

um.. Please?

Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

StarGate 2 Was converted into the script for The Lost City Parts 1 and 2. It was essentially a made for TV movie cut into two parts, unfortunately it got a tv show budget so they had to cut out some special effects.
                              Spoiler:
                              there was a scene with some ships getting blown up that only gets mentioned in the episode(s) rather than being shown from the deck of a carrier, Ronan also had a much much larger part in the movie script.

Not sure about the 3rd movie if there ever was one planned. To my understanding Stargate was originally going to be a movie trilogy, I'm much happier they decided to do a show.

Originally posted by kacchoiize

And I'd be ok with that.

Comment

Working...
                              X