This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moebius question (Beware of spoilers)

I have seen the finale episode on Skyone, and I have a question.

Beware of spoilers. I´m talking about the episode's final moments.

+
    +
    +

Which team remains alive at the end in our timeline ?
    Jack, Sam and Teal'c from the alteranive time, and Daniel from our time?
    What happened to them? Which team goes fishing?
    Hammond's General again?
    I'm really confused..
    Last edited by kacchoiize; 24 February 2005, 09:39 AM.

It's a slightly altered version of the original SG-1. Because Geek-Sam and Jack helped our Daniel with the rebellion, things were restored for the most part (fish in the pond). When the tape was viewed again at the end of the episode, this is actually occurring BEFORE the orignal time travel mission from Part One. Since they already had the ZPM, they didn't need to go on the misssion again. You'll also notice that the fishing scene is from the end of Threads (I think).

So, at the end of the day they never went on the original time travel mission because they already had the ZPM. So all of the previous seasons happened as we saw them originally (at least until The Powers some up with a cool storyline). Jack's a general, Sam's in command of SG-1, etc....

Comment

what the time travel created was a slightly different version of SG1. just slightly. sam and jack are still in the military, danny's alive, teal'c is a traitor/leader

all that really changed was, like Burns said, the end of threads...being that, i'm gonna guess, moeb was to have happened two weeks after the fishing...but it didn't. so basicaly from fishing onward, the future is different.

somewhere out there is the 'real' timeline where sg-1 are dead and everything goes on without them
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

understood, guys! thankyou

Comment

Dont confuse the poor lad.

I shall try and explain through the medium of examples.

Before I Sleep:

ATL Expedition came through gate, and the city began powering up. But power ran out and shield collapsed. Everyone died except for Shepard, Wier and Zelenka, who found a Time Jumper. They went back in time 10000yrs to when the Ancients were evacuating. Jumper crashed and only Wier survived. She tells Jonus and he makes a failsafe so that when (in 10000yrs time) the ATL Expedition arrives, instead of shield collapsing, the city rises.
          10000yrs later in the present, ATL Expedition arrives, and city rises.

This is all in the same universe. Nothing Alternate. The past was overwritten due to the jumping and changing.

---------------

So. This is the same situation with SG1.

The episode threads happened.
          Just before they left for fishing trip, news comes back about a dig in egypt which finds a tomb but thats all. Not interested.
          They go on fishing trip, then come back.
          2 weeks later, Catherine Lanford dies, DJ gets teh books yada yada yada, they find a ZPM in Ras posession.
          They go back in time 5000ys, but fux0r things instead of nicely fixing things so that the ZPM shows up in the digs tomb and everything is happy.

Now instead of things being great, things are bad. The dig still happens but instead of finding nothing, they find a ZPM and a Canopic jar with a camcorder, which is recorded by O-SG1 (original) inwhich they state what happened in their present (2005). The C-SG1(Changed) are not together, because Ra took his stargate instead of leaving it, therefore no Stargate Project.
          C-SG1 find the stuff, and go back in time and meet O-SG1 and restore timeline.

In 2005 just before fishing trip, the Dig people find the ZPM and the camcorder that C-SG1 brought with them.
          O-SG1 are like "Whoa.,interesting"
          They go on fishing trip.

Now. if you take out the fux0riong of the timeline to creatre C-Sg1 then the story is pretty much the same as Before I Sleep.

Since they have ZPM they dont need to go get it.
          Since Atlantis risen, they dont die.

If C-Sg1 and O-Daniel were to freeze themselves, then 2005 O-SG1 would be able ot meet them.
          Just like ATL meeting C-Weir.

OOOOOOKKKKKKKK?????????????????????????????????
          The Corps is Mother, The Corps is Father

Comment

Working...
          X