• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We Can Be Heroes (210)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    WE CAN BE HEROES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 210
    Mon-El begins superhero training with Kara, but they must turn their attention elsewhere when mysterious forces break Livewire out of prison. J'onn must decide whether to help M'Gann when the White Martian comes under a devastating psychic attack, and James decides to share his alter-ego with Kara.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 08 February 2017, 08:31 PM.

Nice ep. Liked the side-bar with what's her name the white martian, and the realization that they now know the truth of her (being on earth that is). I also liked the whole Guardian reveal (especially when both Winn and Sis says "yup, we knew" and Kara got peeved..

Comment

I liked the side story with J'onn and M'gann more than the main story with Livewire, and Mon-El and James wanting to be heroes.

I'm glad that Kara finally knows that James is the Gaurdian. I didn't really like how Kara told James that he couldn't be a hero because he was human. Her reasoning just didn't feel right. Alex has helped her out on multiple occasions and she's human. I guess I could blame it on her feelings for James (friendship or romantic), and her wanting to protect him, but they really haven't done that great a job at building up that angle this season. I liked that J'onn told Winn that he and James are a pretty impressive team.
      sigpic

Comment

Well I'm glad that Kara doesn't reciprocate Mon-Els feelings. Now I hope they move on from this. As much as I dislike James, I agreed with him about Mon-Els reasons for wanting to be a superhero. He's doing it for all the wrong reasons and he's gonna get somebody killed if he keeps going the way he's going.

I am a little disappointed that there weren't more of a blow-out when Kara found out about Guardian and the fact that James, Winn and also her own Sister kept it from her. I love angsty stuff and was hoping for a bit more

As for Kara telling James that he couldn't be a hero because he's human and he'll get himself killed, and that Alex also helps even though she's human. Well Alex has been doing if well before Kara became Supergirl and she's a trained Agent. James hasn't had any training before he took up the mantle. He's been lucky up until now, and Winn was lucky he didn't get shot in the last episode.

So Livewire is free for the time being, Oh this should be good.
        sigpic

Comment

See, I would've been fine if Kara had said that James didn't have enough training to be the Guardian, but she just basically said no, you can't be a hero because you're human and one little mistake can get you killed (that seemed to be the main reason she didn't want him to be the Guardian). Towards the end when James said that he'd like to work with her, that could've been an opportunity to offer to help train him so that he could better protect himself since he was still going to go out as the Gaurdian no matter what she said, but instead, she just said that she didn't want anything to do him as the Guardian.
          Last edited by VampyreWraith; 31 January 2017, 10:03 AM.
          sigpic

Comment

I think all the lies also had something to do with Kara's decision. James, Winn and her own sister lied for weeks about Guardian. That was bad enough given the fact they are supposed to be friends and Alex is her sister. But then for Winn to lie about the location of Livewire when he knew her powers and how dangerous she was. That was stupid and very irresponsible and they're lucky no one got seriously hurt because of it. I think if not for that last lie she would have listened to them more rather than shut them down. She can't trust them, they just proved that and she doesn't want to be responsible for them getting hurt because of their over-inflated egos

At the end of the day I think it was all the lies that put paid to them having any chance of working together. It's bad enough that Mon-El won't listen to her and she's trying to train him

All these would-be heroes all doing it for the wrong reasons
            sigpic

Comment

It was really James' secret to tell, so I don't think she really blames Winn or Alex that much (at least she didn't really seem too bothered by their part in withholding the truth during this episode). I do agree that Kara was hurt by the fact that James lied to her though, and that probably affected her deciding not to work with him at the end, but I also think it's a bit petty since he and Winn are going to go out there anyway, with or without her help/approval. I think James should've told her the truth sooner, but I understand why he didn't; he didn't think that she'd react well to finding out that he was the Guardian and so was probably afraid to tell her. I basically think that they both need to put aside their distrust and hurt feelings and learn to work together, since they all seem to want the same thing - to help people.

I think that James does want to be a hero for the right reasons, for the most part, anyway. At first he did seem like he was in it to prove something, even if it was just to himself (and maybe Kara), and he did seem to enjoy the accolades that came with being a hero (but so did Kara when she was starting out). But he also does seem to want to genuinely help people and he did save those cops when Mon-El went to help Kara leaving them defenseless. Winn wants to help people too, especially since he overcame his some of fears during the last episode. It was wrong for Winn to lie about not knowing where Livewire was, but he didn't trust that Kara would let them help and I think that he realized he was wrong. Even though he was mainly trying to be a hero for Kara to begin with, Mon-El seems to want to be a better person too and he seems to actually want try being a hero for the right reasons.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                Her reasoning just didn't feel right. Alex has helped her out on multiple occasions and she's human. I guess I could blame it on her feelings for James (friendship or romantic), and her wanting to protect him, but they really haven't done that great a job at building up that angle this season. I liked that J'onn told Winn that he and James are a pretty impressive team.
                If anything it sounded a little petulant to me.. Almost like "How dare you step in on my schnick"..

Comment

Originally posted by Linda06 View Post
                  Well I'm glad that Kara doesn't reciprocate Mon-Els feelings. Now I hope they move on from this. As much as I dislike James, I agreed with him about Mon-Els reasons for wanting to be a superhero. He's doing it for all the wrong reasons and he's gonna get somebody killed if he keeps going the way he's going.
                  I'm not sure if Kara doesn't reciprocate those feelings, at least on a level. But Mon-El first lied about forgetting the kiss, then he was adamant to state, before Kara could say anything, that she obviously does not like him back.
                  Perhaps she felt having him more than just a friend, makes him more of a liability.

Or, the more logical answer, she's afraid to burn the bridges on her crush on Lena
                  sigpic

Comment

I seem to be unique in my reaction to this.

1: James: Now you run along and play before you hurt yourself, the Kryptonians are working now.

2: Will they quit the "will they date or not date?" nonsense? I watch Grey's Anatomy for that kind of nonsense (or used to, anyway), not Supergirl.

Comment

No, you are not unique on those views.. ESPECIALLY for #1... It certainly seemed like Kara was rather dismissive of James joining in..

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
                        I'm not sure if Kara doesn't reciprocate those feelings, at least on a level. But Mon-El first lied about forgetting the kiss, then he was adamant to state, before Kara could say anything, that she obviously does not like him back.
                        Perhaps she felt having him more than just a friend, makes him more of a liability.

Or, the more logical answer, she's afraid to burn the bridges on her crush on Lena
                        It's funny that she has more chemistry with Lena than James and Mon-El combined

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        I seem to be unique in my reaction to this.

1: James: Now you run along and play before you hurt yourself, the Kryptonians are working now.

2: Will they quit the "will they date or not date?" nonsense? I watch Grey's Anatomy for that kind of nonsense (or used to, anyway), not Supergirl.
                        It seems like James is just fumbling along trying to play hero because his ego got bruised when Kara decided they'd be better off as friends. I hate the whole Guardian thing anyway. Seems to me like the thing withtrying to get him and Kara together didn't work because there was no chemistry so they scrapped it and then had to find something to make James useful so came up with the Guardian debacle to try give him some importance. I feel he's a pretty redundant character

I really wish they would stop with trying to pair up Kara with every guy that comes onto the scene.

Her reaction to Mon-El's confession was pretty conclusive IMO
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          No, you are not unique on those views.. ESPECIALLY for #1... It certainly seemed like Kara was rather dismissive of James joining in..
                          Kara should be dismissive. Or outright stop him by main force, if need be. The only argument against that is that James has the right of free agency. But those who care about him should refuse to back or support him. The bottom line is that he is a human, not an alien with superpowers. End of story.

In a real life scenario, not one written as entertainment, Superman would use Batman for a dishrag. They are on entirely different levels.

Comment

That's why super-powered characters like Superman/Supergirl are given weaknesses like Kryptonite so that it evens the playing field when they're facing non-powered characters. If they're invincible all the time it makes for a boring story. Like last week they had Kara go to a planet with a red sun so that she wouldn't have powers.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              Kara should be dismissive. Or outright stop him by main force, if need be. The only argument against that is that James has the right of free agency. But those who care about him should refuse to back or support him. The bottom line is that he is a human, not an alien with superpowers. End of story.

In a real life scenario, not one written as entertainment, Superman would use Batman for a dishrag. They are on entirely different levels.
                              SO by that logic, next time she visits flash and co, she should ***** smack Oli and most of his team since none of them (other than ragman) are supers...

Comment

Working...
                              X