• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moonshot (214)

Visit the Episode GuideLEGENDS OF TOMORROW - SEASON TWO
    MOONSHOT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 214
    The Legends track Commander Steel to NASA in 1970, where Eobard Thawne has infiltrated the Apollo 13 mission in order to acquire the final fragment of the Spear of Destiny. But when the Waverider experiences a disaster, Ray's life is on the line.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 07 April 2017, 08:38 PM.

Pretty good/fun episode overall. Loved Stein's singing lol. I wonder what NASA thought about missing an astronaut, and what they were told happened to Henry. I felt bad for Henry, I would've felt bad for Nate as well, but I've been finding him annoying lately. I liked Rip and Sara's conversation towards the end. I wonder what Amaya is going to do now that she knows what happens/happened to her and her family.
    sigpic

Comment

Who knows, maybe she will follow her own words with Nate and 'put the mision first'.. Seeing what her daughter and grand daughter get up to.
      Also, i didn't like the fact sara put the ship in that much jeopardy. WHY couldn't they shoot some of those damn meteors?? No guns? Strange since we saw the ship shoot that big robot..

I also like the some what bonding moment between ray and Eobard..

Comment

I'm pretty sure that they could have shot the meteoroids (I'm pretty sure someone, Amaya maybe, suggested it), but I think Sara was too busy arguing with Rip to pay attention.

I liked the Ray/Eobard scenes as well.
        sigpic

Comment

The writing on this show is so stupid. I literally cannot believe how little effort they put into that part of the show compared to everything else.

It's like they think the fact that their show is a cartoon gives them an excuse not to care about the most basic elements of storytelling. They can't even keep track of their own continuity. Why the hell does Thawne remember working with Caitlin and Cisco?!

Since when does a lack of gravity prevent a speedster from having speed? And if we assume it does, then why the hell would he have no speed while on the surface of the moon or on the Waverider?

The message about time travel is totally incoherent. Why should Commander Steel not use time travel to return to his family when it was time travel that separated them in the first place?!

And since the Apollo 13 mission is now totally different, shouldn't that have profound effects on history too? Like in the same way that George Lucas change of career did?

You know what would have been the smart way to do this mission?

"He hid the spear in the flag Neil Armstrong planted on the moon."

"Great, lets go back to 1969 and pick it up."
          "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Why wouldn't Thawne remember working with Caitlin and Cisco? The way it's been explained is that Thawne was in the Speedforce when Eddie sacrificed himself and that's why he wasn't erased from existence, he's been running from death ever since then. He would remember everything from season one of the Flash just like everyone on The Flash remembers working with him as Wells. Either that or he could've just been saying it to try to put Ray more at ease.

They didn't go to 1969 and pick it up because they realized that Thawne was on the Apollo 13 mission and was changing it already so they decided to stop him. They were going to grab the spear after they did that (or while Ray did that), but things got complicated.

Maybe the changes to the Apollo 13 mission do have an affect on history, but since it doesn't directly affect anyone on the team we don't see it.

Commander Steele shouldn't have traveled back in time because that's not how it was for his son and Nate. They remember him dying in Germany or whatever and their lives were partly shaped by that. If he went back it might've changed their lives in a drastic way.
            Last edited by VampyreWraith; 15 March 2017, 03:37 PM.
            sigpic

Comment

This isn't the same Thawne that worked with Caitlin and Cisco. This is the one that Barry pulled directly from the timeline to create Flashpoint.

Thawne was only changing history to get the spear. If they grabbed it before he got it, then whatever Thawne does it moot. He would've needed to get back to Earth on the Apollo lander anyway. Plus, it's not like they actually repaired history to how it used to be in this episode anyway.

I didn't fully see the first couple episodes of the season but isn't Nate's history only that way because of the Legends' meddling with the timeline in the first place?
              "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

But wouldn't his memories have been updated to the current timeline (even Barry's memories during Flashpoint were being updated to that timeline the more he used his powers, and Thawne has definitely been using his powers). He also might remember both timelines because of the Speed Force, or because he's kind of an aberration to the Speed Force.

How would Thawne have known they got the piece back in 1969, he would have still went through with whatever his plan was and the changes would been seen/heard by everyone in mission control probably causing more changes to the timeline. A part of what they did was the stop the recording of what was going on during the mission.
                Last edited by VampyreWraith; 15 March 2017, 04:51 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Why would they? They were something that wouldn't have happened to him yet. He shouldn't have memories of Season 1 Eobard anymore than present day Flash should have memories of 2056 Flash.

Also the "updating memories" thing was something that makes no sense and was never brought up again outside of the Season 3 Flash premier, anyway. Barry still has memories of the original timeline.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

He's being chased by the black speedster because he's not supposed to exist, so Eddie sacrificing himself is supposed to have happened no matter what, so if that happened to him, then season one happened to him. I think he basically exists outside of time now (since he's not supposed to exist at all), so he probably can remember everything (season 1&2 timeline, Flashpoint, current timeline).
                    Last edited by VampyreWraith; 15 March 2017, 05:25 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

I genuinely can't quite understand what you are saying here. He still came from a specific point in the timeline, so all he could know was what he knew at that point in his life. The time remnant that Barry fought in Season 2 didn't remember everything that happened in Season 1 either.
                      Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 15 March 2017, 05:44 PM.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

I'm trying to say he's not supposed to exist at all anymore since Eddie killed himself (but Eddie wouldn't have killed himself if Eobard didn't exist, so it's a paradox). Since Eddie died, Eobard was never really born to go back in time and kill Nora or do anything, the only reason anyone remembers any of it and the only reason he still exists in any way is because he was in the speed force. I'm also trying to say that maybe because he doesn't really exist anymore, he's outside of time, currently speeding through different places and times so that the black speedster can't catch him, maybe using his powers like that has enabled him to remember/see different the timelines. Maybe it's a speed force thing.

Also, do we know for sure that after Barry left him after flashpoint that he didn't end up causing the events of season 1 to happen all over again, resulting in Eddie's death and the black speedster chasing after him? Do we know how much time has passed between the time Barry left him and when he showed up on LoT, it could have been many years.

And like I said in my first post on the topic, he could have just mentioned working with Cisco and Caitlin to try and put Ray more at ease (he could know about that without having any actual memories of it).
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                          I'm pretty sure that they could have shot the meteoroids (I'm pretty sure someone, Amaya maybe, suggested it), but I think Sara was too busy arguing with Rip to pay attention.
                          IIRC Rip himself was the one who said "Shoot them".. BUT i agree, she was too busy arguing, and proving she's more worthy of being captain to follow rip's suggestion.

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                          Since when does a lack of gravity prevent a speedster from having speed? And if we assume it does, then why the hell would he have no speed while on the surface of the moon or on the Waverider?
                          Once they got on the waverider, and got back into earth's atmosphere, he did gain it back.. BUT why he didn't have it when they first brought him on i dunno..

The message about time travel is totally incoherent. Why should Commander Steel not use time travel to return to his family when it was time travel that separated them in the first place?!
                          Cause it was his absence that made jr grow up the way he did, which inturn made Grandson grow up the way HE was.. had daddy been there perhaps Jr wouldn't have been such a dick to HIS son..

And since the Apollo 13 mission is now totally different, shouldn't that have profound effects on history too? Like in the same way that George Lucas change of career did?
                          IT should! BUT like always imo they will ignore this..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

Once they got on the waverider, and got back into earth's atmosphere, he did gain it back.. BUT why he didn't have it when they first brought him on i dunno..
                            Well the Moon has gravity. Not as much as Earth but, certainly if he was on the surface with Ray he should have his speed back if gravity was the key. And the Waverider obviously has artificial gravity because none of the rest of the crew experienced the effects of zero gravity, even when the ship was disabled. If he'd had his speed back when he was first brought aboard he should have been able to singlehandedly defeat them all and take the spear.

At first I thought maybe he was only pretending to not have super speed to avoid drawing the Black Flash to him. Although how he thought the Black Flash would be able to reach him in space, I don't know. But then he started using his powers anyway so that theory went out the window.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Cause it was his absence that made jr grow up the way he did, which inturn made Grandson grow up the way HE was.. had daddy been there perhaps Jr wouldn't have been such a dick to HIS son..
                            But isn't that in and of itself a time aberration?

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

But isn't that in and of itself a time aberration?
                              It could be. But from what Steel said his dad grew up that way cause 'dad' had died.. Which is why maybe Rip felt OK to have taken him out of the time like he did... he "no longer mattered to time"..

AND speaking of aberration.. WOW the whole apollo 13 mission going off like that, will be ONE BIG aberration!!

Comment

Working...
                              X