This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question on SGA and SG-1 Stargates

Its being bugging me for a while, sorry if it has being discussed before.

We know that there are only 2 Gates in the Stargate story capable of Intergalactic Travel. The SGC and the Atlantis Gate.

When the Ancients left Earth, there is no Stargate in this galaxy able to go to Atlantis. That ability was added during the adventures of SG-1.

So what happens to all the Ancients that were left behind? Were they all suffering/ dying? If so, was it because they did not want the panic and desperate Ancients from going to Atlantis?

We do know that for the Ancients, the trip to earth is a one-way trip. Are the Ancients so cruel or desperate to save themselves, they let a entire “Galaxy” of their people die?

What do you guys think?

I don't see why the Ancients wouldn't be able to travel pack to Pegasus if they wanted to. The limiting factor in traveling there was having a powerful enough power source. The Ancients had such a power source in ZPMs. Any gate in this galaxy would get them there with the right set up.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by Avenger
      I don't see why the Ancients wouldn't be able to travel pack to Pegasus if they wanted to. The limiting factor in traveling there was having a powerful enough power source. The Ancients had such a power source in ZPMs. Any gate in this galaxy would get them there with the right set up.
      They just need power, and a special control crystal. As far as we know, no DHD in the Milky Way has the special CC that let's it dial an eight symbol address. In Pegasus, it appears that only Atlantis has one, though we've seen that it can be taken out and installed elswhere ('Home').

The SGC has a dialing computer, not a DHD, which lets it dial eight symbols. IIRC, O'Neill wrote that program under the influence of the Ancient knowledge in 'The Fifth Race'.

a time to mourn

Comment

Working...
      X