• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turncoat (211)

Visit the Episode GuideLEGENDS OF TOMORROW - SEASON TWO
    TURNCOAT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 211
    After the Legion rewrites Rip Hunter's identity and sends him to kill George Washington in 1776, luring the team into what they know is a trap -- leaving Sarah mortally wounded, Rory in enemy hands, and Jax defending the Waverider from its former captain.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 12 February 2017, 08:25 PM.

Loved Mick's intro lol. Nate and Amaya came out of nowhere this episode and it was kind of annoying. They even used the cliched "we need to take our clothes off to stay warm" thing. I hated how they put sex before the mission of saving Washington and Rory. I was really enjoying this season without a poorly written romance being included. I hope it stays casual (or preferably actually ends since Amaya did say she doesn't believe in fraternizing with teammates, even though she did) and Nate's not proposing to her within the next few episodes. Mini-Ray getting chased by a rat was pretty funny. Mick and Washington made a relatively interesting team. Jax as Captain was pretty good, though I think he should have wounded Rip and dragged him back with them instead of letting him get away. I don't like Rip as a villain (though Arthur Darvill plays it pretty well), I hope he gets his mind straightened out soon. Liked the little Christmas party at the end.
    sigpic

Comment

Felt a bit late, but it was still a good episode...

Comment

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
        Loved Mick's intro lol. Nate and Amaya came out of nowhere this episode and it was kind of annoying.
        It wasn't out of no where to me. BUT i do agree, their joining this early on, especially when a mission hangs in the balance was screwy..

They even used the cliched "we need to take our clothes off to stay warm" thing.
        And if he was Steeled up when he went in the water, WHY did he freeze?

Mini-Ray getting chased by a rat was pretty funny. Mick and Washington made a relatively interesting team.
        I loved ray being chased around, but would like to know HOW did that funky device Rip detonated, shut down his armor, AND also the joining of Firestorm, but did NOT stop Nate Steeling up?/

Jax as Captain was pretty good, though I think he should have wounded Rip and dragged him back with them instead of letting him get away
        I agree. He should have shot Rip in the leg, or arm. TOOK back the spear, and then pistol smacked him out cold...

Liked the little Christmas party at the end.
        It was fun watching that.. And i loved the gifts given over...

And surprisingly i am OK with Mick getting statued by washington as a little ripple..

Comment

I've been waiting for Mick to do the voiceover for two years now, not disappointed (nearly woke everybody laughing at his "who writes this crap?") but other than that a fairly bog standard episode, quiet fun overall.

Comment

Something also pointed out elsewhere. HOW did Rip train those redcoats so quickly on using those m-16s??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              It wasn't out of no where to me. BUT i do agree, their joining this early on, especially when a mission hangs in the balance was screwy..
              During this episode it was obvious that they were going to get together, but before this one they barely spent any time alone together and Amaya seemed more interested in getting vengeance on Thawne for killing her JSA team leader/the man that she loved than with hooking up with anyone. The only guy that she really spent time with before this episode was Mick.

And if he was Steeled up when he went in the water, WHY did he freeze?
              Good point, maybe he unsteeled in order to make swimming easier or something or he panicked and became unsteeled?

I loved ray being chased around, but would like to know HOW did that funky device Rip detonated, shut down his armor, AND also the joining of Firestorm, but did NOT stop Nate Steeling up?/
              I think Jax said that it was a kind of an EMP, it affected anything electrical like the ship and Ray's suit, and it affected him and Stein be cause of how their powers work/use energy or something. Nate's powers work differently (and are probably cheaper to show lol).
              sigpic

Comment

I think Jax said that it was a kind of an EMP, it affected anything electrical like the ship and Ray's suit, and it affected him and Stein be cause of how their powers work/use energy or something. Nate's powers work differently (and are probably cheaper to show lol).
                Yeah, Jax said that the EMP probably fried the quantum splicer device they use to stabilize the Firestorm matrix when they merge.

Comment

Weird how a visit to 19th century America tries to show the horrors of slavery and a visit to 18th century America shows only a single moment of polite bemusement at the notion of an interracial couple.

I know that the show doesn't really indulge in much more than the most superficial simplified or a cartoonishly comedic versions of history, so exploring the tragic and complicated realities of life at the time would have been a little over the show's head, but I realized later that there's still something kind of a little uncomfortable about a team that consists of two black superheroes joining in a historical war and fighting against the side that had outlawed slavery, or at least was closer to it.

I mean, sure, you can make a case that they should be preserving history, but the characters themselves don't even pretend that they care about that anymore.

Heatwave definitely has the best intro by far, though.
                  Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 18 February 2017, 01:49 PM.
                  "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

That was a good commentary. WHY wasn't that interracial marriage given a 2nd thought.?

Or like i fear, it wasn't even considered by the writers..

Comment

That was a good commentary. WHY wasn't that interracial marriage given a 2nd thought.?

Or like i fear, it wasn't even considered by the writers..
                      I think it's a combination of a couple issues. Firstly, obviously they wanted a simple black and white & relatively lighthearted adventure about saving George Washington from machine gun wielding redcoats, and obviously if he or one of his guys went on a tirade about how miscegenation was an affront to nature and goodness while he alluded to his slaves or something, then it probably would have them seem significantly less sympathetic.

And secondly, the thing I've noticed about the show is that they don't really seem to travel to different time periods, they travel to different story concepts. Each episode is only about one aspect of a piece of history, rather than an accurate representation of any given time period.

That's why racism only seems to come up in the the Civil War episode and the 1950s episode, when in fact almost everywhere they go should have been a problem for Jax.

Those are two time periods vaguely associated with old timey racism in popular culture, so that's when it gets brought up to the characters. And even though that same racism also existed in the 20s, 30s, 40s and so on, suddenly it isn't as relevant to the story anymore.

Similarly, although I didn't catch all of them, I believe Stein never seemed to contemplate taking the Waverider straight to Auschwitz in any of the times he visited World War 2.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

So how many times has Sara died or ben pfresumed dead now? Is it in double figures yet?

Well the Nate/Amaya thing sure came out of the blue, there was nothing before this ep which was kinda odd. Plus they thought it was a good idea to have sex instead of trying to rescue Mick and Washington?
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X