PDA

View Full Version : Marvel's Inhumans (2017 TV series)

DigiFluid
November 14th, 2016, 03:32 PM
New press release from Marvel (http://marvel.com/news/tv/26993/marvels_the_inhumans_coming_to_imax_abc_in_2017) tonight. Looks like the 'indefinitely delayed' Inhumans movie has been retooled into a TV series.

The new, live-action series will launch with its first two episodes being shown in IMAX in early September 2017, before continuing as a weekly series on ABC that same fall.

I expect this also means the cancellation of SHIELD is imminent as well, but there's no confirmation of that at this time.

Gatefan1976
November 14th, 2016, 04:57 PM
No son of Cole anymore??

:(

DigiFluid
November 14th, 2016, 05:06 PM
NO confirmation of that whatsoever. It's just what I fully expect this announcement means! :)

Gatefan1976
November 14th, 2016, 05:09 PM
But, but, Son of Cole!!! :(

Ultimate spiderman will not be the same :(

garhkal
November 14th, 2016, 08:44 PM
I wonder where this supposed royal family were, during the whole Inhuman-shield fight, let alone HIVE attempting to convert the world..

Zohak
November 14th, 2016, 08:49 PM
If this works then thier could be an Eternals series next...

DigiFluid
December 6th, 2016, 11:31 AM
Inhumans finds its showrunner (https://news.marvel.com/tv/56289/marvels-inhumans-finds-showrunner/)--Scott Buck, the same guy who is currently running Marvel's upcoming Netflix series, Iron Fist.

aretood2
December 6th, 2016, 03:01 PM
The plot thickens....see what I did there?

Teddybrown
July 1st, 2017, 07:46 AM
https://youtu.be/1sYF1SXcWqQ

Suprised this hasnt been posted already.

garhkal
July 1st, 2017, 07:02 PM
Nicee. I wonder though, will they exlplain WHY those up on the moon have not gotten involved in what's been happening already on earth with the inhumans??

aretood2
July 2nd, 2017, 04:41 PM
Depraved indifference? Or maybe it's about them getting involved,
that's what I am getting from the trailer. Also, how exactly are they not going to call the avengers for this?

garhkal
July 2nd, 2017, 10:55 PM
And what will those on the moon colony do, if they find out what happened TO inhumans on the planet, all cause of shield!

aretood2
July 3rd, 2017, 04:28 AM
And what will those on the moon colony do, if they find out what happened TO inhumans on the planet, all cause of shield!

I don't think they'd be surprised, I mean why would they be hiding from everyone else?

garhkal
July 3rd, 2017, 12:30 PM
That's something i wanna know. WHY were they staying silent during that time. Did those in that haven place, even know of those on the moon??

aretood2
July 3rd, 2017, 12:36 PM
That's something i wanna know. WHY were they staying silent during that time. Did those in that haven place, even know of those on the moon??

During that ark I read a little about the comics in relation to that moon base of inhumans and I always wondered if they had any relationship at all.

garhkal
July 3rd, 2017, 08:36 PM
It certainly didn't look like it based on the show..

Gen. Chris
July 20th, 2017, 06:44 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xU9Z6cKsbY0

New trailer!

This looks infinitely better than the first. Hopefully they finalize a bit of the CG and this could end up being okay.

garhkal
July 20th, 2017, 10:31 PM
I wonder what she meant right at the end with the "you are only.. just a human"??

aretood2
July 21st, 2017, 07:46 AM
I wonder what she meant right at the end with the "you are only.. just a human"??

Death to all humans?

This looks like a job for the Aven....what? They're on vacation? AGAIN!?!? Oh...um....how about Shield? It doesn't exist again? Oh well....um.....Carry on...

Gen. Chris
July 21st, 2017, 08:20 AM

Spoiler for plot details
Maximus (Iwan Rheon's character) is not Inhuman, but is actually a regular human

garhkal
July 21st, 2017, 10:37 AM
So A how is he living up there with the inhumans, and B{ is second in line to the bloody throne

Gen. Chris
July 21st, 2017, 03:35 PM
Let me rephrase...he is viewed as simply human.

It's possible he went through Terrigenesis but never showed any signs of any abilities. Or he is hiding them on purpose. I think in the comics the process changed his intellect mostly but also made him mentally unstable.

We will see how/if the show changes anything

Spimman
August 7th, 2017, 11:24 AM
Spoiler for plot details
Maximus (Iwan Rheon's character) is not Inhuman, but is actually a regular human

Let me rephrase...he is viewed as simply human.

It's possible he went through Terrigenesis but never showed any signs of any abilities. Or he is hiding them on purpose. I think in the comics the process changed his intellect mostly but also made him mentally unstable.

We will see how/if the show changes anything

This is incorrect, have you read the comics? I doubt the show will be completely faithful to the comics though so I don't know how they'll play it.

garhkal
October 8th, 2017, 10:08 PM
Rumor mill is saying its already gettin cancelled due to poor ratings?? Can anyone confirm?

aretood2
October 9th, 2017, 04:59 PM
To be honest, I haven't really even bothered watching it...so...it wouldn't surprise me.

Zohak
October 9th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Actually the ratings went up 38%
http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/dvr-ratings/premiere-week-broadcast-live-3-ratings-sept-25-oct-1-2017/

L+3 viewers (000s) Gain vs. Live +SD (000s) % gain vs. Live + SD
INHUMANS ABC 5,132 1,410 38%

VampyreWraith
October 10th, 2017, 03:19 AM
I've been watching it and I like it well enough so far. I read that it might have canceled even before it premiered based how it was advertised (it was advertised as "the complete series" instead of season 1 or whatever). That's just speculation as of right now though.