Puddle jumpers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle jumpers

So, here's a dumb question. We know that when SG-1 had wore the arm bands in upgrades and went to the planet to destroy Anubis's new super ship they maintained the same velocity coming out and they had running in. So, Why couldn't a puddle jumper enter a stargate cloaked. I mean theoretically matter reintegrates the same way that it's dematerialized, right?

The cloak is a field, not matter. We know the gates maintain kinetic energy, but not much else unless it is in the form of a sustained stream such as radio waves, Baal's projection and the Asuran satellite weapon.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      The cloak is a field, not matter. We know the gates maintain kinetic energy, but not much else unless it is in the form of a sustained stream such as radio waves, Baal's projection and the Asuran satellite weapon.
      You know this for a fact?

Comment

If you are looking for a canon reference, I -believe- (the cloak being a field) comes up first in SGA in the Siege when Rodney converts the shield, also when they go to Asura and convert the field to an ARG field, so its definitely a field of some kind. As for the others it's more the -lack- of ever having seen in on screen that leads me to that conclusion.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
        X