• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to Earth (203)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON TWO
    WELCOME TO EARTH
    EPISODE NUMBER - 203
    National City and the DEO welcome the President of the United States for the signing of a bill opening citizenship to aliens -- and Supergirl soon finds herself defending her from an alien attacker. Meanwhile the new arrival wakes up and escapes the DEO, and Kara and James both struggle with their new roles at CatCo.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 28 October 2016, 10:25 PM.

Wow.. That was WAY TOO overtly liberalistic in the pusing 'openness and amnesty to 'aliens'... Wonder if it was funded by the DNC!???
    How on earth could the exces allow that crap? I can maybe understand putting in a message or two, but going that overt in their political view is NOT on imo.

BUT that said, i enjoyed a good amount of the stuff in the ep.. Like the dressing down kara got from that editor in "Report the news, don't turn it into an opinion piece", but i also liked the dressing down HE got from Olson, and the introduction of that cop...

Comment

Spoiler:

Yeah, it was a pretty pro illegal alien viewpoint...
      UNTIL it turned out that the President was an alien.. don't know how that will play out.

I loved the reference to Wonder Woman by Lynda Carter "You should see my other jet"
      Almost as good was Olsen putting Snapper in his place.
      Overall, another good episode.

Comment

Had a feeling about the president.
        Total syffy posts: 36,690
        (Chosen One)

Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.
        Matthew 5:9

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Wow.. That was WAY TOO overtly liberalistic in the pusing 'openness and amnesty to 'aliens'... Wonder if it was funded by the DNC!???
          How on earth could the exces allow that crap? I can maybe understand putting in a message or two, but going that overt in their political view is NOT on imo.

BUT that said, i enjoyed a good amount of the stuff in the ep.. Like the dressing down kara got from that editor in "Report the news, don't turn it into an opinion piece", but i also liked the dressing down HE got from Olson, and the introduction of that cop...
          Supergirl as a show has that problem. It can get way too preachy, but this was the preachiest yet. Maybe they should take some advice from Snapper. Their job is to entertain...not preach political ideology so bluntly. It really does take you out of the moment. There are more sublte ways to do these things without being so...on the nose.

I really loved Scorcher. She was.....hot.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Spoiler:

Yeah, it was a pretty pro illegal alien viewpoint...
          UNTIL it turned out that the President was an alien.. don't know how that will play out.

I loved the reference to Wonder Woman by Lynda Carter "You should see my other jet"
          Almost as good was Olsen putting Snapper in his place.
          Overall, another good episode.

Stop spoiler tagging none spoilery posts!!!
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            Supergirl as a show has that problem. It can get way too preachy, but this was the preachiest yet. Maybe they should take some advice from Snapper. Their job is to entertain...not preach political ideology so bluntly. It really does take you out of the moment. There are more sublte ways to do these things without being so...on the nose.
            Perhaps that is WHY they had snapper give that chat to Kara.. As a way to try and show us they DID hear the message but were ignoring it (like Kara tried).

Comment

Is anyone buying Morgan L Leena Luther as a friendly good guy friend to Kara deal? I sure hope she turns out to be not the good paragon of goodness...Maybe shadier than Maxwell Lord.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

I want the opposite actually since the cliche is never trust a Luther
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

But...but...it's true! Never trust a Luthor!
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Yes it was preachey, and in fact, in my opinion more shows should be like that.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      Really? I don't want shows to be overtly preachy no matter what it is that they are preaching.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Hasn't Superman always been preachy?
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Really? I don't want shows to be overtly preachy no matter what it is that they are preaching.
                          I want shows that try to add a moral or inform while entertaining. Star Trek always did this so well. It's just as relevant within comic book shows with comic books having a long history of telling morality tales.
                          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Is anyone buying Morgan L Leena Luther as a friendly good guy friend to Kara deal? I sure hope she turns out to be not the good paragon of goodness...Maybe shadier than Maxwell Lord.
                            I think it would be refreshing to have her be a straight shooter.. And not another 'i am bad but appear good just to lull the hero into a false sense of security'...

Neither do i. We are already getting way to much 'preachiness in sports, with all these athletes doing the 'take a knee during the anthem (heck one gal in miami took a knee WHEN SINGING the anthem).. We don't need it in other shows.

Comment

I want shows that try to add a moral or inform while entertaining. Star Trek always did this so well. It's just as relevant within comic book shows with comic books having a long history of telling morality tales.
                              There's a line between a "moral of the story" and "preachyness". It's the same as the old writing proverb "Show, don't tell". To be fair, it's probably this election cycle that made me adverse to this particular instance.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              I think it would be refreshing to have her be a straight shooter.. And not another 'i am bad but appear good just to lull the hero into a false sense of security'...

Meh, I'm not terribly afraid of that. As long as it is executed well. She doesn't have to be an actual villain. Maybe Maxwell Lord style antagonist.

Neither do i. We are already getting way to much 'preachiness in sports, with all these athletes doing the 'take a knee during the anthem (heck one gal in miami took a knee WHEN SINGING the anthem).. We don't need it in other shows.

Totally not the same thing. But that's beyond the scope of this conversation.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X