Aurora ships

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aurora ships

I can't believe the missed opportunity we had in Be All Sins Remember 'd. Once the replicators started merging with the "blob" There were dozens of warships abandoned in space. We should've tried to beam a couple people on them and take a few.

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
    I can't believe the missed opportunity we had in Be All Sins Remember 'd. Once the replicators started merging with the "blob" There were dozens of warships abandoned in space. We should've tried to beam a couple people on them and take a few.
    Look at how quickly everything went down. Can we truly be sure we could hack a few of these ships in the mere minutes we were given? Especially if the shields were still up, we wouldn't be able to beam on.

So no there was no time to really do anything about that. ZPM's maybe, but then again we were dedicating massive resources to actually defeating the Asurans while the Wraith were hanging back, comfortably.

Comment

True, plus who's to say once we beamed aboard, we could hav gotten enough control to just jump to hyperspace, let alone get it moving before the planet went booom.

Comment

There is also the small issue of the replicators punching through the hull, what would be working? Would there even be atmosphere in those ships?
        The Wraith strat. of just nicking a few ZPMs seems a lot wiser.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimePerson View Post
          There is also the small issue of the replicators punching through the hull, what would be working? Would there even be atmosphere in those ships?
          The Wraith strat. of just nicking a few ZPMs seems a lot wiser.
          I was honestly surprised none of OUR team thought about doing the same!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            I was honestly surprised none of OUR team thought about doing the same!
            Well Rodney had a different plan for the ZPMs, overloading and blowing up the city. Until the power grid went down and he had to improvise

Comment

Originally posted by Bhousden View Post
              Well Rodney had a different plan for the ZPMs, overloading and blowing up the city. Until the power grid went down and he had to improvise
              Precisely. We needed what access we got to blow them up.

But as i said, we basically dedicated all our attention and resources to actually defeating the wraith. Gathering the spoils of war wasn't really an option considering our limited resources.

Comment

Working...
              X