This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where's all the Sam/Jack fic?

I've noticed that the SJD archive hasn't been updated since the middle of 2004. I can't believe that no Sam/Jack fanfic has been written since that time - so where's it all being archived these days? Anyone?

Albion (in the mood for something shippy )
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

90% of all Stargate fic on the internet seems to be S/J. If the SJD isn't updated, I should hardly think it'd be a problem to find fics in OTHER places. Just do a search for Stargate fics. Browse the other archives. Heck, even GW has fics.

Comment

heliopolis and gateworld are two places to go for s&j fic. fanfiction.net also has some however i've found that since so very many people use ff.net that there's not much there of a quality that i find readable.

the sjd is manually archived so it falls behind when real life rears its ugly head
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Yes, ShadowMaat, I could have done that. Thank you, for taking the time to point out the obvious.

However, I thought it would be simpler to ask some like-minded friends for the info. Searching the net for Stargate sites would obviously bring up a whole batch of general sites, which, logically, take longer to trawl through to find just S/J among all the other genres. Therefore, it was faster to post here and hopefully get a link to a S/J only website. I'm very sorry if that was too logical for you.

Skydiver, thanks for the help. I have those sites marked of course, but was hoping not to have to trawl through them, as I say, but to be able to go directly to some new S/J fic. By the time I find it on the general sites, the mood will have deserted me, I think!

Ah, well...I'll just have to revisit Sally Reeve, I reckon...

Don't talk to me about ff.net. I'm with you there.

Albion
        Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Originally posted by Albion
          Yes, ShadowMaat, I could have done that. Thank you, for taking the time to point out the obvious.

However, I thought it would be simpler to ask some like-minded friends for the info. Searching the net for Stargate sites would obviously bring up a whole batch of general sites, which, logically, take longer to trawl through to find just S/J among all the other genres. Therefore, it was faster to post here and hopefully get a link to a S/J only website. I'm very sorry if that was too logical for you.

Skydiver, thanks for the help. I have those sites marked of course, but was hoping not to have to trawl through them, as I say, but to be able to go directly to some new S/J fic. By the time I find it on the general sites, the mood will have deserted me, I think!

Ah, well...I'll just have to revisit Sally Reeve, I reckon...

Don't talk to me about ff.net. I'm with you there.

Albion
          You could always try my fics

Just click on the link below
          Sam....

Comment

I was actually surprised that SP : Threads didn't bring an avalanche of Sam / Jack fic, I had kind of hoped..!

Gonna go and check out the link from samjack4ever, don't think I've been there yet.

Don't suppose anyone has a link for stories by ruth? Lost my link years ago so don't know if she still writes but she used to write great stories.

Any other recommendations welcome!
            Sia

Hey Sam, did all those other realities tell you nothing?!
            Accept the inevitable.....

Comment

You can always join the Sam and Jack list on Yahoo, which is where SJD pulls most of it's stories. Of course you have to wade through all the chatter, but fic is always marked as fic.
              sigpic

Comment

ruth king is still writing, just not very much

and i second her suggestion to join the samandjack list. a lot of fic is posted there adn it can be a good place to start

also jackfic has some s&j fic. it's not the sole focus of course, there is plenty of gen jack fic there but the site is also ship friendly

sigpic

Comment

JackieO’NeillNut is an unsung S/J fanfic hero of mine – you can find her stories thru jackfic.com. Most of the writers do post on Heliopolis but I have a pretty good index of S/J fanfic websites if anyone wants to pm me.

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

www.sjhw.net also has links to a lot of the horsewomen (and men) sites and many of them are shippers

sigpic

Comment

More than one of my favourite S/J stories is from this side : http://www.ficwithfins.com/

Expecially Su's fanfiction ! There are also other than S/J!

Zika (from DK!! )
                      Zika

Belief in Sam and Jack ship in season 10?

P.S. sorry about my english - from Denmark()

Comment

All I write is Sam/Jack fic... so if you want an easy way to find stories of Sam and Jack, I humbly suggest my site...

http://outoftheroom.homestead.com/index.html

There is everything from season 1 through season 8... PG to NC-17

Just a thought... :-)
                        Gail R Delaney

Are you a Sam and Jack Shipper?
                        http://outoftheroom.homestead.com/index.html

What is allowed does nothing for me. What is forbidden arouses me fiercely. ~Ovid ~ Amores 2.19.3

Comment

ness just posted the wonderful news that the SJD has been updated with 199 brand spankin (relatively speaking) fic

so head on over and take a look

sigpic

Comment

I also write S/J fics... My website link is in my sig. Most of my stuff is considered for adult audiences, please heed the warnings where applicable.

Comment

Thought I would add my recommendations on this site along with the other post I did.

Some really good stories over on Fanfic.net are:

A New Life by Brenna (a couple of years old but one I still go back to)
                              (any by Brenna are good)

Seven Days - by dietcokechic (same as above - old favorite)

and my newest favorite (and a WIP (work in progress)) that I check every day for new chapters:

Thyself, Unknown by MissAnnThropic

Comment

Working...
                              X