This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Origin of the new threat - Spoilers

Im hoping all who are in this topic and thread have either seen Season 8 of SG1 so im not going to put in any spoilers.

Well all should know that SG1 travel back in time to steal a ZPM from Ra 5,000 years ago in the season finale Moebius.

Well in the end of the second part we see small things have changed, there are fish in Jacks pond and the ZPM was found in Egypt.

Well what if a small threat like the Aschen were never dealt with? They could be a little more techically advanced than the Aschen we saw where. Or even any other race we have or havent seen that because SG1 changed the timeline back in Ancient Egypt. These little changes may be what brings about the next war. Way may have more BC-303's. You get the idea.

This may also be how Jack is no longer General of the SGC. Or how Hammond is no longer head of homeworld security.

Comments more than welcome.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

I like the concept i dont know if it will pan out though, i have to say the fact that we could have more ship is unlikly, for all we know we might not of even gone to atlants- wait no oniel told carter to go pack so we must of gone somewhere, nm.
    the aschen might not be the new enemy, this new enemy is sposed to outdo the goauld and reps so the aschen dont come under any of these catorgorie( there in the ' annoying but not a problem' catorgory instead of the ' will wipe us from face of earth unless sg-1 get lucky all the time')
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

Remember, the series is exploring the whole Arthurian Legend thing in season nine. They are going to meet Merlin i think (or at least the inspiration for him), and he is apparently going to be an ancient.
      If you want to know who the new villain is, maybe you should go study those dusty old books. Who was the enimy in those legends? Could any of them have been aliens with a tweek or twist here and there? You may find their names.

Happy reading!!!
      Andy "Chores!?! What are we, Amish?"
      Charlene Spencer "He's gotten so precocious."
      Citizen Joe

Comment

no here my theorey on how the arthurian stuff gunna play out: a new race is discover one that is a decendant of the ancient but as advanced as the nox, the a haktar advanced human with the ancient gene and the powers of the nox or equivilant.
        the notion of ' magic and sorcery' is related to advanced human being able to manipulate their surounding and pose as super powerfull bings on this plane while being advanced enough to be in contact with the assended and otheretherial beings with powers similar to their own.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        11000! green me

Comment

The threat is the fish!

Comment

what! the the hell is ' the fish'!
            sigpic
            11000! green me

Comment

Fish = New threat.

Jumps out of the lake and bites peoples necks. Just like the Rabbit from the Holy Grail.

Comment

was it me, or does anyone else remember reading that you will see why the show is going in a new director due to something at the end of season 8. quite frankly, I didn't see anything at the end of season 8 that would explain the show going into a new direction.

I was expecting something huge, but all we get is fuc******* fish.

Comment

Originally posted by Congerking
                  was it me, or does anyone else remember reading that you will see why the show is going in a new director due to something at the end of season 8. quite frankly, I didn't see anything at the end of season 8 that would explain the show going into a new direction.

I was expecting something huge, but all we get is fuc******* fish.

Yeah, i guess all that happened in reckoning and threads wasn't a huge deal

Comment

well the new direction is (in my opinion) due to the fact that season eight was written as the last season. And in the last episodes that is clearly seen:
                    -Jaffa are free
                    -Gou'ald are almost gone, and they hint that they will be completely gone very soon.
                    There are other aspects that have wraped up too.

Getting on to topic the new enemy could be the aschen, though I hope not. Because in the episode 2010 we learned that the aschen helped earth defeat the gouald and free the jaffa, so they potentially could have kicked the gouald's butt. However the rep's could have probubly defeated the aschen, though we don't actually know. And again the aschen shouldn't be dismissed just yet, but they would make a crapy main enemy (let alone the key word is NEW). The aschen aren't a NEW threat.
                    As for the timeline being slighly off, the whole "no fish/fish" thing was more of a joke.

I would be more inclined to think the new enemy is along the lines of evil ancients. Mainly because it cast the shadow onto the great ancient race, which alot of fans kinda wanna see, it seems. Plus it follows that if Merlin is an ancient (as has been hinted at) and his "magic" is ancient in origin, then along with the rest of arthurian legends there are dark wizards/witches. So if the show is taking on arthurian elements then mabey the new villian is "queen mab."

Comment

What if SG-1 saved the new enemy?
                      We see that SG-1 takes the ZPM but we dont see what happens after that we dont even know what RA did with it.
                      We know RA had alot ancient stuff maybe he destroyed the "new enemy" some 1000 years ago?
                      And now we saved them from getting destroyed.

Comment

What if in a alternate dimension Daniel jackson actually did recieve all the knowledge of the G'ould in absolute power (season 4) and found another dimension window or something on a bigger scale and began his rampage through the galaxy.
                        i just love to give and recieve GREENS

Comment

If the Aurthurian stuff is true, then will we get songs from Camelot in season nine.
                          Ben Browder could do 'If Ever i would Leave you.'
                          RDA could do a cameo of 'The Lusty Month of May'.
                          Daniel: 'What do the simple folk do'

Seriously, all I can think of are Arthur, Merlin, Lancelot, Geneviere and knights of a big round table. Although knights of the round table just sound like a glorified G'ould meeting.
                          And what's with the writers digging into English Lit 101 with the Arthurian stuff. What nextride & Prejudice? Shippers will be happy. Sam getting married off to a rich husband cause her pay at the SG is so low that she has no prospects?

Comment

!!!!WARNING BE AWARE OF SPOILERS!!!!
                            THIS POSTING CONTAINS INFORMATION TO
                            SG-Atlantis SEASON ONE

In the Episode THE SIEGE (Part2)
                            Atlantis received the Message that the Daedalus (The sistership of the Prometheus) is on it's way to help them fight against the Wraith. Maybe the Wraith are able to get knowledge howto get to Earth because it is not longer necessary to use the Stargate.

I think this could be a mayor threat for all in the galaxy. Because the Wraith have defeated the Ancients. So they are not an enemy you can ignore or defeated that easy.

Comment

No The Wraith Will Never Get To Earth - Ever!
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X