• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Runaway Dinosaur (221)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON TWO
    THE RUNAWAY DINOSAUR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 221
    Following Barry's disappearance the team tries desperately to rescue him from another realm, where a series of familiar faces force him to confront some unresolved business. Meanwhile Iris must act as bait to catch Girder after the meta-human's corpse is reanimated.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 11 May 2016, 08:17 PM.

Poor episode. Especially the whole 'in the speed force' crapola imo. Only 2 good parts of it, was seeing Iris trying to lure Girder and the scene with Cisco vibing out to get there..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Poor episode. Especially the whole 'in the speed force' crapola imo. Only 2 good parts of it, was seeing Iris trying to lure Girder and the scene with Cisco vibing out to get there..
      Seriously? I loved it. Particularly the scenes between Barry and his mother. And it's the first time in a really long time that I've liked Iris.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Seriously? I loved it. Particularly the scenes between Barry and his mother. And it's the first time in a really long time that I've liked Iris.
        Well, the whole "Your almost dead so lets do an ep where you speak to your kin/ghosts etc" has imo been done to death...

Comment

You are the first person to have complained about the episode. I understand your points but I have to disagree...it was a good episode and I hope Kevin Smith gets a job directing episodes of Arrow...they need it.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            Well, the whole "Your almost dead so lets do an ep where you speak to your kin/ghosts etc" has imo been done to death...
            Is there any type of episode that hasn't been "done to death"? Every sci-fi show has time travel episodes, time loops, alternate realities, episodes where the heroes lose their powers, the "it was all a dream" stories.. etc.. It's how they tell the story that matters, not the type of story they tell. If you only watch things that haven't been done before, you won't be watching much of anything in the future..

Comment

I rather enjoy these kinds of episodes, if done right. It got us a chance to see Barry deal with his loss of his mother and a bit of closure for it.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

It's also a huge episode in terms of the mythology given the connection with the Speedforce.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

On another issue. Since the speed force now is known to be sentient )in a way), why then can't IT strip Zoom of its powers, rather than forcing Barry do go through all that just to get HIS powers back?
                  It was way to similar to the ancients and daniel in the Diner scene with Oma/Anubis..

Comment

Well in the comics, if I remember correctly, Zoom is not a typical speedster so he can't be stripped of it. He speeds in a different way.

Not sure about the show.
                    sigpic

Comment

Maybe he's the darkside of the speed force? May the Speedforce be with you.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                        You are the first person to have complained about the episode. I understand your points but I have to disagree...it was a good episode and I hope Kevin Smith gets a job directing episodes of Arrow...they need it.
                        while I have no complaints about the job he did, aside from jason mewes turning up it didnt feel very kevin smith, which I was sort of looking forward to, maybe they could invite him to write an episode in the future

Comment

Working...
                        X