• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Better Angels (120)

Visit the Episode GuideSUPERGIRL - SEASON ONE
    BETTER ANGELS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 120
    After Non sends Alex to kill her own sister Kara must free National City from the control of Myriad -- only to learn that her enemies are using the technology to wipe out all of humanity.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 23 April 2016, 08:30 PM.

The suspense for this episode would appear to built upon a false premise.
    Spoiler:
    Supergirl has to fly this alien dingus out into space to save everybody, and in the process put her own life at risk; they hang audience suspense on this.

But.
    Don't Kryptonians have the ability to go into space without harm? Superman has done it before. Where's the real danger to her?

Thoughts?

Comment

Exactly. When i saw that/heard that i was like "What the heck??!"
      And the whole
      Spoiler:
      Play a message of hope to get everyone out of the brainwashing? What gives.. That worked way too easily.

And if that thinggy was going to cause everyone's brain to explode, why didn't we see ANY signs of hemorrhages or the like, such as nose bleeds, and such

A very poor episode.

Comment

The flying in space thing isn't always handled consistently, but yeah, I didn't entirely buy into the drama of that moment either, especially since I saw Alex saving her with the pod coming a mile away.

Comment

What's everyone's guess for whos in that new pod that crashed at the end?? Mom? Dad?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            What's everyone's guess for whos in that new pod that crashed at the end?? Mom? Dad?
            One of them or another Kara (or maybe Krypto, but that's more of a longshot).

Comment

This was...a disappointing ending. Don't even know where to start. Um, Smallvile did the whole hope thing too. But I like how they did it. Darksied's influence involved people's darkness, not just despair. Seeing Superman in action, embodying his journey into the hero he became, and taking out Apokolips is what broke Darksied's influence.

Supergirl just broke it with a hopeful speech. But isn't that Superman's thing too? So is it frequencies or fear? So everyone in Metropolis was afraid? The whole thing was anti climatic. Braniac's "death" and the Kara in space suspense also were low points for me.

I wish they stuck with the mind control till the end. Had Supergirl do something beyond a speech that would also embody her journey and overcome her self doubt. But to be honest, for me, the Kryptonians have always been a weak point for Supergirl as a show.
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

We continue where the previous episode left of, at the start of the Kara forced to fight her sister. It doesn't go entirely in her advantage and she gets her butt handed on a platter.

That sliding move though -- wicked.

J'onn has flown home to get help from Ma Danvers who talks Alex down.

Supergirl gives that hope-speech, which I really liked, and found to be a plausible way to solve the mindcontrol. However, I did have issues with the headaches which followed.

Pressure on the brain would normally result in nose bleeds, unconsciousness and a definite incapacitation of one's actions. You wouldn't be able to see straight either, and let's add a little migraine nausea for good measure.

However, that being said, I wasn't entirely disappointed that Alex was still able to figure out a way to save Kara, even though I was under the impression that Kryptonians had a way of flying into space. I remember, Superman (from The Adventures of Superman with Dean Cain as Superman) being able to fly out into space.

Anyway, I REALLY, ABSOLUTELY LOVE that epic moment in which Kara pushes Fort Razz into space. The music just finishes it off. Next to Dying Is Easier and Alex Brings Kara Back, Hope Speech/Fort Razz is my favorite score of the entire soundtrack.

Onwards to season 2...
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Comic books retcon themselves all the time. The old Kryptonians could fly in space. Its the more modern ones that cannot
                  Originally posted by aretood2
                  Jelgate is right

Comment

But I don't read comics -- or very little. Graphic novels, yes.
                    So, I can only go with what I saw previously.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Well I gave you, your answer
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

There's so much wrong with Kryptonians if you really think about it. Oh so many problems.
                        By Nolamom
                        sigpic

Comment

Working...
                        X