PDA

View Full Version : mixed feelings about this show

epg20
March 12th, 2016, 09:20 PM
while I find it diverting, they seem to have some difficulty with the science fiction and a few other things.

the head guys call them selves the TIME MASTERS, could that BE a bigger rip off of THE TIME LORDS.

the ship they travel in is supposed to be highly technological, but they seem to be lacking a basic defense, they have a cloaking device, but they don't have any shields, they have energy weapons, but they can't even fix a 12 inch breach in the hull.

the main guy is supposed to be a former time master, but he seems to be lacking the most basic understanding of time travel or how to change time.

all in all I find it light entertainment at best.

ecgordon
March 13th, 2016, 07:05 AM
The latest episode was the most ridiculous thing I've seen in a long time...since I stopped watching Sleepy Hollow at least. I'm hanging in just to see Jewel Staite in Ep.10. If her appearance is a one-off, I'm done with this show, and I'm leaning that way with Flash and Arrow too.

DigiFluid
March 13th, 2016, 09:43 AM
It's not very good. I watch it because it's part of the broader Arrow-verse, but it has so many cringe moments. I'm honestly shocked it got renewed for a second season.

P-90_177
March 13th, 2016, 11:15 AM
I really enjoy it. Yeah it doesn't handle time travel that brilliantly, but no show does. It's not meant to be a serious sci-fi show, it's a comic book show. I find all the characters fun and engaging so it's fine for me.

Infinite-Possibilities
March 13th, 2016, 12:57 PM
Some shows or stories manage time travel ok-ish, this is one of the worst.

garhkal
March 13th, 2016, 01:57 PM
Its at least a decent action show. BUT a good sci-fi show, its not.

VampyreWraith
March 13th, 2016, 02:27 PM
I think it's a fun show. Things may not always make sense, but I find it entertaining and I really like some of the characters and character interactions. Right now, I actually like it a lot more than Arrow.

Gen. Chris
March 13th, 2016, 03:18 PM
the head guys call them selves the TIME MASTERS, could that BE a bigger rip off of THE TIME LORDS.

Contrary to popular belief, Dr. Who does not hold a monopoly on all things related to time travel. Rip Hunter was created as a DC character 4-5 years before Who even existed.

epg20
March 13th, 2016, 09:28 PM
Contrary to popular belief, Dr. Who does not hold a monopoly on all things related to time travel. Rip Hunter was created as a DC character 4-5 years before Who even existed.

it seems you are right, rip hunter first appeared in 1959, the doctor appeared some years later.