Jupiter Ascending

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jupiter Ascending

tried to watch this movie, but couldn't finish it, it was too convoluted and over done in so many ways, before you think about renting it, or watching it, look up the reviews, if I had, it would have saved me an hour and a half.

Strange, cause i liked it.. liked it enough to buy it during the black friday sales (3.95)..

Comment

You are not alone. It bombed at the box office
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        You are not alone. It bombed at the box office
        yeah, I know why now, it was like it was like star wars meets hitchhikers guide to the galaxy meets wall street, it sort of reminded me of enterprise, just like that show, they tried to do too much, too fast.
        Last edited by epg20; 24 February 2016, 09:48 PM.

Comment

So have several other films which actually WERE good, the critics just drove people away..

Comment

Originally posted by epg20 View Post
            tried to watch this movie, but couldn't finish it, it was too convoluted and over done in so many ways, before you think about renting it, or watching it, look up the reviews, if I had, it would have saved me an hour and a half.
            I watched it. Could've been a fun movie, but it just tries to do too much in the space of one movie.

a TON of names and characters that only serve to further one plotpoint, weird plot parts in general (The cloaking/uncloaking thing made no sense. Might as well fire while cloaked), a bunch of stuff that made no sense (giving up everything in order to clean toilets again? really? really?), and much more that i could add here.

But basically, yea too long and too convoluted. It's like it tried to tick off as many "Sci Fi plot" boxes as possible

Comment

One of the few gripes i DID find credable and actually agreed with, is why if they were so used to using those floaty boots, did he want his wings back??

Comment

I enjoyed the film.

Comment

Working...
                X