PDA

View Full Version : Why does Fox own Deadpool?

Archaeis
January 16th, 2016, 07:41 PM
I get that they bought F4 and X-men and most associated characters, but is Deadpool really that closely associated with x-men? He's not a mutant and from most of what I've seen has been a mostly standalone character in the comic books.

Gatefan1976
January 16th, 2016, 08:45 PM
He is a mutant, healing factor and all that.

mr_kennedy
January 16th, 2016, 11:27 PM
Plus he started out as mostly a X-men character i believe

Archaeis
January 17th, 2016, 06:25 AM
He is a mutant, healing factor and all that.

No, he's not a mutant. His powers came from the Weapon X program, which I guess is tied in highly to Wolverine's story. But he's been established as a much more standalone character since introduced.

aretood2
January 23rd, 2016, 10:49 AM
I thought I saw Colossus in one of the previews...if I did then that begs some big questions.

Archaeis
January 23rd, 2016, 06:06 PM
I thought I saw Colossus in one of the previews...if I did then that begs some big questions.

You're right, Colossus is in the movie. Fox might as well use X-men characters as long as they have him. I just more curious as to Why Deadpool is one.

aretood2
January 25th, 2016, 09:27 AM
You're right, Colossus is in the movie. Fox might as well use X-men characters as long as they have him. I just more curious as to Why Deadpool is one.

Well, I meant to say that would beg some big questions if Marvel mad the movie. You can't have a mutant in it that way. So they'd have to change a few things, a lot of things, if they used Deadpool in the MCU. I don't know much about him though, I've just been reading about it (or hearing about it via youtube).

Gen. Chris
January 25th, 2016, 10:36 AM

I believe he was introduced as a villain for the X-Men. Now he's considered an anti-hero.

As opposed to Scott Lang, who is an Ant-y hero :P

Flyboy
January 25th, 2016, 11:41 AM
Doesn't this film contradict the Deadpool stuff in Wolverine?

P-90_177
January 25th, 2016, 01:55 PM

Entirely. But knowing Deadpool I'm pretty sure it'll get a mention.

Gen. Chris
February 1st, 2016, 05:04 PM

What movie? Days of Future Past pretty much wiped out the original timeline.

P-90_177
February 1st, 2016, 06:09 PM
To be fair I'm not sure many people really considered the first Wolverine film canon in the first place.

Flyboy
February 11th, 2016, 10:14 AM
To be fair I'm not sure many people really considered the first Wolverine film canon in the first place.

The hell? It was one of the ONLY good X-men movies...

garhkal
February 11th, 2016, 10:48 AM

Which part, that wade was turned into weapon XI?

Gen. Chris
February 12th, 2016, 11:25 AM
I'm sitting in the theater here and thereare little kids here. Their parents better not throw a ***** fit if they didn't know this movie is not like other superhero movies.

garhkal
February 12th, 2016, 12:28 PM
I'm sitting in the theater here and thereare little kids here. Their parents better not throw a ***** fit if they didn't know this movie is not like other superhero movies.

Been there, seen that. Had some kids in the theater when AVP 2 showed up, after begging dad to take them. Then they were all like "AHHHHH its horrible!"..

Gen. Chris
February 16th, 2016, 06:02 AM

For those of you who have seen the movie

P-90_177
February 16th, 2016, 01:03 PM
The hell? It was one of the ONLY good X-men movies...

.... You are.... Odd....

garhkal
June 7th, 2016, 11:24 PM
After seeing the film i LOVED the heck out of it..

That said, who's everyone's pick to play Cable in Deadpool 2??

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
June 8th, 2016, 02:44 AM
Been there, seen that. Had some kids in the theater when AVP 2 showed up, after begging dad to take them. Then they were all like "AHHHHH its horrible!"..

I think most people had the same reaction..

garhkal
June 8th, 2016, 10:53 AM
I know i was that way. Pestered my mom to take me to see the first aliens, even took on extra chores and did some lawn work for neighbors to get the dosh to buy BOTH our tickets to it.. Had nightmares for WEEKS afterwards..

Pharaoh Hamenthotep
June 8th, 2016, 12:39 PM
I meant that AVP 2 was just .....not a great film.. :p

I was 8 when Alien 3 was released.. I saw the first three films around that time.. and played the game :D I didn't have nightmares :p

I even wrote my Master's Degree thesis on the Xenomorph design :cool:

garhkal
June 8th, 2016, 09:53 PM
Lucky you.. What gets me is i could watch many OTHER monster/horror films with no issues, but alien (and aliens) gave me the hibby jibbies...