Why does Fox own Deadpool?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why does Fox own Deadpool?

I get that they bought F4 and X-men and most associated characters, but is Deadpool really that closely associated with x-men? He's not a mutant and from most of what I've seen has been a mostly standalone character in the comic books.
    sigpic

He is a mutant, healing factor and all that.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Plus he started out as mostly a X-men character i believe
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        He is a mutant, healing factor and all that.
        No, he's not a mutant. His powers came from the Weapon X program, which I guess is tied in highly to Wolverine's story. But he's been established as a much more standalone character since introduced.
        sigpic

Comment

I thought I saw Colossus in one of the previews...if I did then that begs some big questions.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
            I thought I saw Colossus in one of the previews...if I did then that begs some big questions.

You're right, Colossus is in the movie. Fox might as well use X-men characters as long as they have him. I just more curious as to Why Deadpool is one.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
              You're right, Colossus is in the movie. Fox might as well use X-men characters as long as they have him. I just more curious as to Why Deadpool is one.

Well, I meant to say that would beg some big questions if Marvel mad the movie. You can't have a mutant in it that way. So they'd have to change a few things, a lot of things, if they used Deadpool in the MCU. I don't know much about him though, I've just been reading about it (or hearing about it via youtube).
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
                I believe he was introduced as a villain for the X-Men. Now he's considered an anti-hero.

As opposed to Scott Lang, who is an Ant-y hero
                sigpic

Comment

Doesn't this film contradict the Deadpool stuff in Wolverine?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Flyboy View Post
                    Entirely. But knowing Deadpool I'm pretty sure it'll get a mention.
                    Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

What movie? Days of Future Past pretty much wiped out the original timeline.
                      sigpic

Comment

To be fair I'm not sure many people really considered the first Wolverine film canon in the first place.
                        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                          To be fair I'm not sure many people really considered the first Wolverine film canon in the first place.
                          The hell? It was one of the ONLY good X-men movies...

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

Which part, that wade was turned into weapon XI?

Comment

I'm sitting in the theater here and thereare little kids here. Their parents better not throw a ***** fit if they didn't know this movie is not like other superhero movies.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X