If the Ancients won the war...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If the Ancients won the war...

If the Ancients beat the Wraith, what do you think the Pegasus Galaxy would be like? What do you think the rest of the Universe would be like? We also know that the treaty of the four great races was created when the Ancients returned to the Milky Way after being run out of the Pegasus Galaxy, if they won the war and still came back to the Milky Way, I believe it is safe to say that the Goa'uld wouldn't exist and the replicators in the Ida Galaxy would've been destroyed with their help. What do you guys think?

I mean we know that these Ancients departed around what 5-10 million years ago from Earth and the Milky Way Galaxy to Pegasus on Atlantis? We know that they are incredibly advanced and I know they have a lot more than what the writers of Stargate gave them credit for, I mean being at least 50 million years old, you should have a flying city way before 40-45 million years. I am sure we can build our own version of Atlantis within the next thousand years if technology advances the way it is now and assuming we're still alive with no post-apocalyptic scenario.

The Ancients were geniuses and sure they made mistakes but they made those mistakes because one the plague was killing them then two the war with the Wraith hadn't gone according to plan. Had they not been suffering from the plague, I am sure the time travel thing would work (which Janus eventually completes) and Project Arcturus would work had they not been rushed into using it. I mean with just this, things would've been drastically different.

The replicators as I said would be gone, we know the Ancients made their own versions and I am sure if anyone could eliminate them, it would be them since Jack did using their knowledge.

The Goa'uld wouldn't have been allowed to gain a foothold the way they did, the Asgard would've been more active and continued to grow which they had the help from the Ancients with all of their knowledge which I am sure they put to good use and learned from it. (We know Thor said they had the knowledge from the repository of knowledge on Season 8 Episode 1 or 2.) They also could've used the Goa'uld to cure the plague, if they encountered it again.

If the above happened, I think it is safe to say that Stargate would be totally different, maybe boring with us not being under imminent attack by the Goa'uld every time the SG teams stepped through the gate but let's call this AU.

What do you think?

First off, if they had won, do you even think they would have bothered returning to our galaxy?

Comment

I suspect that wasn't be that much of a difference. Ancients were bent on Ascension. They would ascent the same way they did and wouldn't care about any of those things the topicstarter mentioned, be that Ori, Goa'uld or replicators threat. IMO

Comment

Originally posted by Queen Guinevere View Post
        I suspect that wasn't be that much of a difference. Ancients were bent on Ascension. They would ascent the same way they did and wouldn't care about any of those things the topicstarter mentioned, be that Ori, Goa'uld or replicators threat. IMO

Agreed, by the time Atlantis was abandoned most of the ancients were able to ascend. It's doubtful they would pursue other things than Ascension. Especially if you consider that Pegasus doesn't seem to be as extensively developed as a colony as the Milky Way was. They went to pegasus with the intention to Ascend there, not to rebuild a civilization.

Comment

Working...
        X