This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

should we put 302 fighters in atlantis

as found out in the siege we will be able to get help from earth. should we station 302 fighters on atlantis or the mainland would they help us against the wraith darts and hive ships.

Well we will find out how effectivly F-302's are against Darts due to the fact that Daedalus(sp?) should have 8 onboard.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Well, early on they will be quite useful since we can cloack the PJs. The Wraith will have no idea who is coming when they see the F302s and the 303, and will probably relax a bit when they see how inferior they are compared to darts. Then pop out a squad of PJs and bye bye Darts! More ships is definately better than less ships, so of course we should use them. They will allow our non ancient gene enhanced pilots to be useful as well.

Comment

Do Hive ships have shields? Im guessing they do. If they do our F-302's can make small hyperspace jumps past the sheilds, somethings the Wraith have never seen before and wont be able to tell the rest because we would have killed them.

Would surprise them wouldnt it:-

Steves Friend: (Confidently) Primitive human craft approach. Power sheilds!
        (F-302's jump past sheilds)
        SF: (Shocked and worried) They have breeched the sheilds, they are ripping the hull apart. AAAAAAAHHHHH
        (ship blows up)

Sorry bout that, just having a little fun
        Last edited by Keffler; 21 February 2005, 09:48 AM.

Comment

yeah i cant wait to see how the wraith react to a type of ship that isnt ancient - i doubt theve ever had to deal with anything else, seeings PG seems ancient, wraith and humans only.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

They will underestimate our power. lol. silly wraith

Comment

yes we should
              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
              love Torri

Comment

I think that any military help we can give Atlantis the better. I am a definite advocate of putting 302 fighters in Atlantis. I mean, I love the Puddle Jumpers but the team only have a limited supply of them, with no idea on how to make any more. Also, the PJs are more of a small transport ship than a fighter, and so it would be quite nice to see some squadrons of fighters around the place. Also, I'd like to see a blend of Ancient and human technology to show how the first and second evolutions of man are working together. (with a little help from our Asgard friends)
                The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

The problem is that they wouldn't fit in the Jumper-Bay.
                  So we would only be able to place them on the mainland.
                  Which would limit their capability to protect Atlantis.
                  sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                    Cant we just move Atlantis a little closer to the maimland.I mean its a floating city, no anchor cant they just sail it along to the mainland?

Comment

Spoiler:

We've lost like 2 Puddlejumpers already. There should be space for a few F302

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
                        I suppose but surely it can't be that far away from Atlantis to the mainland, I mean it didn't seem to take that long by Puddle Jumper. Also, with
                        Spoiler:
                        deep space scanners/long range scanners
                        Atlantis should be able to get the 302 fighters in the air before any attack is iminent.
                        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

We should only have at most 8 F-302's in the PG. By the time we can get regular F-302's into the PG we should either have designed a new ship thanks to Ancient tech or have found out how to make PJ's.

Comment

302's will be worthless compared to several hundred darts, not to mention hive ships if I read right 59 left 2 in limbo til sga season 2 epp 1. But you seem foolish to think a 302 can do much to a armada of darts....NOW just a idea, Hal'Teks parked on the mainland cloaked from our rebal jaffa war spoils would be a better match 8 302's or several Hal'Teks but still when the rest of the hive ships come I hope we have a better deffensive idea.

Having a enemy so quick and responsive like the wraith gives little story plot to arc over for too many seasons.......I see only a few options to go
                            1. Destroy the wraith in the PG area.
                            2. Be under siege like the lantians for many years in hopes to slowly pick off hive ships to a managable number(being I feel the ships need a form of the life force gathered from the wraith cullings means it will take much to sustain a armada for very long)
                            3.Make the wraith return to hibernation in hiding to gather a larger feeding ground, thus running a risk of us finding them and destroying the cells we find like terrorists or We find a better way as the lantians in protecting the herds from the wraith.

So pretty much they destroy our foothold in Pg, we make them retreat/re-enter hibernation or get or arses kicked losing atlantis and the war.

Keep in mind the writers are constantly hinting at the wraith ships being atleast partially alive.........

Comment

The problem with the F-302s is that I think that despite their advanced equipment they're still runway dependent. The Milky Way Alpha Site has a runway for the F-302s, so I think they need it. Atlantis has no runway, and there is no good way to build one on the continent. Besides, the PJs are way more powerful anway.

Comment

Working...
                              X