PDA

View Full Version : How should they end SG-1?

mad_designer
May 21st, 2004, 08:45 PM
Although it is in question, season 8 is suposidly the last SG-1 season. So my question is this: How should they end the series? In my opinion, they should have earth destroy or defeat/conquer the Goa'uld and, as a trekki, create their own version of the federation. What's your thoughts on this?

P.S. the reason I didn't put this under Season 8 is because many of the people involved in SG-1 want a season 9, and in an interview they were joking about how easy it would be to write new eps. for season 13. So since there's a tiny chance that season 8 won't be the last, I didn't put it in there.

Jane
May 22nd, 2004, 12:41 AM
I think at the end, the whole world will know about the stargate, like in 2010. But i think they should go into the future and show us how SG1 got on with there lifes (if they are all still alive :D ), like if they got married and started families etc. But there should be a big battle and the world should be saved. :cool:

Anubis
May 22nd, 2004, 12:51 AM
Yes, there should be a big battle but I don't think the entire world should be saved. Besides, you can't keep going through life not making any mistakes, something has to go wrong, even on Stargate

Another future episode would be interesting just to see how it turned out. As Jane said, marriage, famalies and children. Also it would be interesting just to see if any of them died or had an accident that could not be healed

A overall ending? It would have to be something explosive to be remembered with a bang

veneticuss
May 22nd, 2004, 01:19 AM
Why such an happy endings. :) Why not let it end with all sg-teams dead, sgc destroyed and the people of Tau'ri enslaved? huh? That would be good ending

SeaBee
May 22nd, 2004, 04:03 AM
How about Earth gets wiped out, and the teams off world have to band together on an uninhabited planet to re-stock the population? :eek:

Teal'c
May 22nd, 2004, 04:50 AM
Except Stargate is a happy program! :P

What should happen is one last victory against the season's big bad, they get a little time off and then continue their missions through the gate, ending on a shot of them walking up the ramp....

MetZger
May 22nd, 2004, 05:11 AM
They should all go suck a lemon :cool: , that would be cool!

ShadowMaat
May 22nd, 2004, 05:19 AM
Well, I'm always in favor of explosive, traumatic finales that leave everyone wondering whether or not the main characters are still alive, and that's how I answered the Q last time it was asked, but if you want more sedate...

Sam finds out she's pregnant (by PETE :P) so she voluntarily removes herself from the Stargate program and gets a job in the private sector so she and Pete can settle down and try to raise their kid in a semi-normal environment. In 2010 the problem was she wanted kids but couldn't get pregnant. Now, she gets pregnant but isn't sure she wants kids (at this time). Creates some nice personal angst for her.

Daniel either gets a pretigious tenured job at a fancy University he was once booed out of, or he joins the crew of Prometheus, who have been finding clues about the Ancients on worlds inaccessible via gate. Either way, he's happy as a clam.

Teal'c leaves to raise his son and do his part to fight in the rebellion.

Jack, the only one who wasn't keen on joining SG-1 in the first place, winds up being the only teammate left at Stargate Command. He stays in charge of the base and has a whole new batch of recruits to terrorize and train.

Jonas finally realizes that no matter how hard he tries and no matter how great the peril might be to his world, his people are never going to change. Once again he sneaks off like a thief in the night to Stargate Command, where people actually listen to him on occasion and where the work he does will actually do some good. Either he settles down to a happy life right there on the base (with his trusty "research assistant" by his side;)) or the truth of his genetics is discovered and he's sent off to Atlantis to help the team there.

Life goes on.

Last shot is of a team of new recruits walking up the ramp, and Jack watching from the control room, a very enigmatic expression on his face...

keshou
May 22nd, 2004, 05:20 AM
I think they should either go the warm fuzzy route or the apocalyptic, open-ending:

1) Warm fuzzy. SG-1 saves Earth yet again after a climatic battle against the allied Goa'uld system lords. They gather for a party at Jack's house. Toast lost friends, lovers, wives (this is going to be a long toast... ;) ) Lots of laughs, Daniel balances fruit on all the bottles, Jack and Sam give each other sappy looks (throwing a bone to the shippers). Teal'c announces he'll be leaving to assume a leadership role with his people. (Sort of a "Return of the King" thing). He's fulfilled his quest to defeat the Goa'uld alongside the Tauri.

2) Apocalyptic ending. Final attack on earth by allied Goa'uld or replicators, other villain. Doesn't go well this time and it looks like the mountain is going to be taken. SG-1 and other SGC teams and some political figures and other important civilians barely escape thru the gate to the alpha site. Gate on Earth is destroyed and teams are stranded. No ships, no Asgard to rescue them. Jack sets up a new SGC on the alpha site. Series ends with Jack's speech to the newly reassembled teams. Continue travel thru the gate system, seeking allies and a way to return and reclaim Earth. Ends with some optimism that you know they'll find a way to accomplish their goals. And hey! It sets up a new series.

Apepi
May 22nd, 2004, 05:26 AM
Kes, I really like the Apocalyptic ending,different,and it could start a great story line for Atlantis,choice Kes :o

Asgard-VA
May 22nd, 2004, 10:26 AM
I've always thought that a fulfilling ending would involve having the Tau'ri officially become the Fifth Race (reference to the season 2 episode by the same name). To obtain this goal, the SGC would almost certainly have to save the Asgard and/or the Nox in some climatic battle. Perhaps a showdown against the replicators as they try to invade the Nox homeworld would work.

If there are no desires at MGM to follow up the series with an SG-1 theatrical movie, then it would provide a good sense of closure if the SGC brings the To'kra together with rebel Jaffa to destroy the last of the system lords. If a movie or another spin-off series is planned, however, then destroying the last of the Goa'ulds probably is not an option.

sshspooky
May 22nd, 2004, 10:34 AM
With a bang. a big battle that totally defeats the Goa'uld in an amazing battle, possibly with some or all of the mainc ast not surviving the battle. This should probably be a movie of the series, and since Atlantis involves different enemies it would totally finish of the enemies who have been at the core of SG1.

spook

Revet
May 22nd, 2004, 10:42 AM
End SG-1? that there's crazy talk!
But seriously I couldn't begin to speculate a finale. This show has become a constant; solid as a rock. Ending it would be like cancelling all further christmas' and shooting every last puppy on the planet into space on a really big rocket that strikes the sun causing some form of solar anomaly that wipes out all life on earth...nasty...

USS Thunderchild
May 22nd, 2004, 10:48 AM
Well, there should obviously be some huge, culminating battle, hopefully with a fleet of Prometheus class ships, and humans become the fifth race.

Then the last 10 minutes have O'Neill retiring, and everyone else gets new postions. Finally we see them all out at his little cabbin fishing. Think of the possibilities for the final dialogue. Then we have a shot where the camera just keeps going up from Sg-1 sitting on the dock, into the stars, then swoops back down to chayenne mountain (a nice little effect where the camera swoops through the mountain) and we see the new sg-1 step through the gate, and fade to black.

Phil :)

SGSlugger
May 22nd, 2004, 10:50 AM
End it on a high note, a cliffhanger that sets up the movie to end the SG-1 saga. :cool:

Revet
May 22nd, 2004, 10:55 AM
If there isnt a movie I think that mabye they could end it with earth losing the stargate, this would give each of the characters suitable reasons to move on, carter and jack could get together, Teal'c could return home (By ship not gate duh) and Daniel could rebuild his life where he left off.

saraloui
May 22nd, 2004, 10:58 AM
Well they could really torture us and have a whole story arc throughout season eight of the team learning more about the furlings, then in the final episode, just as we are about to see the race which have evaded us for how many years??? the credits role and we are left forever wondering what the darn things actually looked like!

Sara Lou

PS Ive never given any real thought to the end, it's just too hard to face. Too many great shows are ending or have ended, and I'm darned if I know what the heck I will watch when SG-1 leaves the screens!

petzke_42
May 22nd, 2004, 11:06 AM
There HAS to be a big huge battle between the System Lords and Earth. Along the lines of what shouldve happened when Anubis came.

SPOILERS SEASON 7 FINALE
The Jaffa should've invaded, while SG-1 was trying to get to the outpost, started throwing down with the local population. SG-1 destroys the ships, but not before thousands of soldiers are already down. Lots of death gliders vs. our worlds planes, our armies against the gou'ald. It wouldve been cool if the invasion of earth was like 5 eps. I kinda lost my point, and forgot what I was really talking about....sooo...Im going to stop....typing.....now.............:(

ShadowMaat
May 22nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
Wish I could find my previous post about how it should end. Jack and Teal'c crashed and were presumed dead, Daniel vanished without a trace, Carter was forcibly reassigned and Jonas was trying desperately to get back to Earth so he and Carter could go search for their missing teammates. Something like that. I do remember the last scene. Unscheduled offworld activation, Chevron Guy sitting there looking stunned. Says, "Oh my god..." as the screen flashes white.

Roll credits.

Muahaha...

USS Thunderchild
May 22nd, 2004, 11:20 AM
There HAS to be a big huge battle between the System Lords and Earth. Along the lines of what shouldve happened when Anubis came.

SPOILERS SEASON 7 FINALE
The Jaffa should've invaded, while SG-1 was trying to get to the outpost, started throwing down with the local population. SG-1 destroys the ships, but not before thousands of soldiers are already down. Lots of death gliders vs. our worlds planes, our armies against the gou'ald. It wouldve been cool if the invasion of earth was like 5 eps. I kinda lost my point, and forgot what I was really talking about....sooo...Im going to stop....typing.....now.............:(
Sounds too expensive for a normal episode...but for movie, that would be pretty badass.

Phil

aAnubiSs
May 22nd, 2004, 11:37 AM
I'd like it to end with a few million ppl on Earth dead, the SGC totally destroyed, forcing Earth to start up a new SGC.

This could also work as the beginning of a new spin-off :)

darklilac
May 22nd, 2004, 11:44 AM
What matters is an end with all four members of SG1 together.

Sela
May 22nd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Wish I could find my previous post about how it should end. Jack and Teal'c crashed and were presumed dead, Daniel vanished without a trace, Carter was forcibly reassigned and Jonas was trying desperately to get back to Earth so he and Carter could go search for their missing teammates. Something like that. I do remember the last scene. Unscheduled offworld activation, Chevron Guy sitting there looking stunned. Says, "Oh my god..." as the screen flashes white.

Roll credits.

Muahaha...

I like it! :D Way Cool!

I'm not always crazy about neatly packaged endings and SG-1 was great about doing that - leaving us to figure out what happened on our own. In WoO, Jack never did answer Daniel's question, we were never even told what Daniel's question was, and we never knew if Jack was grinning about kissing Cater or much, much more. (The way he bit into that oatmeal makes me think it was much more - but I digress.... )

What ever they do, I hope they don't marry Carter and O'Neill. It's just way, way too cute. I'd like something a little grittier, a little more real life.

veneticuss
May 23rd, 2004, 12:13 AM
Well i even if i like your way of unending thoughts, i would like to see an real end of producers. So that there would be no doubt what happened to them. Or something like an end of session five

Teal'c
May 23rd, 2004, 06:38 AM
I'm going to say this once, and once only:

WE CAN'T JUST "BECOME" THE FIFTH RACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes:

Galluslass
May 23rd, 2004, 09:23 AM
Well, I'd like whatever arc is prominent in S8 to come to a kickass-action-packed conclusion and then......I'd have ol' Thor beaming down to tell the folks at SGC that due to unforseen circumstances in the next two minutes -he will have to order the total destruction of planet PX344953. :(

Cut to three gobsmacked faces (that would be Teal'c,Sam and Jack's) as they blurt out that Daniel is on that planet and they need time to get him and SG14 back to Earth before Thor's Armageddon. Thor says 'Tough toenails, O'Niell it's one minute and counting' - so Jack throws himself through the event horizon in one last ditch attempt to save 'em all.

Cut to Sam and Teal'c staring at the big blue puddle...and cue end credits. :eek:

Wrathox
May 23rd, 2004, 09:59 AM
I would like to see a huge battle but something goes completely wrong and the stargate gets demolished and Earth become a waste land.
It would fit into Stargate Atlantis nicely, they would finally get a chance to go home only to find Earth destroyed.

Col_Lake
May 23rd, 2004, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by petzke_42

SPOILERS SEASON 7 FINALE
The Jaffa should've invaded, while SG-1 was trying to get to the outpost, started throwing down with the local population. SG-1 destroys the ships, but not before thousands of soldiers are already down. Lots of death gliders vs. our worlds planes, our armies against the gou'ald. It wouldve been cool if the invasion of earth was like 5 eps. I kinda lost my point, and forgot what I was really talking about....sooo...Im going to stop....typing.....now.............

Sounds too expensive for a normal episode...but for movie, that would be pretty badass.

Phil

Ahh.... just imagine that....
Promethius ships duking it out with a couple of motherships, ships badly damages and starts to fall and burn up, other ships blown up outright and frag other ships...
Huge blasts from orbit cutting skyscrapers in half. as well as importants military stuffs of course
Goa'uld dialling in, disabling the Iris and a PROPER gateroom BATTLE happens
F-302s vs. Gliders in and around city skyscrapers, blowing chunks out of the scenery
Troop ships dropping armies in random cities around the world (a token hatak landing on a pyramid to disgorge an army),
Seeing armies of the world fight Jaffa street to street (in comparison to the open area firefights in SG-1)
Area 51 revealing that they actually achieved something and sending strike ships with commandos armed with badass guns all over world to fight off jaffa (think the Star wars 2 battle opening except Earth SG style in urban area)

anyway... want for large scale violence and big explosions aside...

Sg-1 should keep their tradition of being immortal - i wouldn't want any of them to be killed off... a final "end of an era" do at teal'cs house would be cool :D

And should there be a shippy Sam & Jack ending, it should be sumthin like
Jack: that was a wild ride....
Sam: yeah.... so what you gonna do now?
Jack: well... I was retired when this all began u kno. I'll get back into it...
Sam: Ok.... Do you wanna..... u kno... sometime...
Jack: Sure.
*fade out*

any more than that and it would just be too cheesy......

shelsfc
May 23rd, 2004, 02:01 PM
I couldn't come up with a full ending for the show, but I'd hate to see the apocalyptic ending. I'd much rather have the big battle, which they win of course, because they're our heroes ;), some nice character moments then a shot of them all walking up the ramp, through the Gate. I like the idea of leaving it open-ended.
Having said that, there has to be ship. There just has to be, we need closure!!

ShadowMaat
May 23rd, 2004, 02:06 PM
Having said that, there has to be ship. There just has to be, we need closure!!
Actually, YOU need closure. I, for one, loathe S/J ship and would be infuriated if there was a shippy ending. Of course, disgusted cynic that I am, I'd also be shocked if there wasn't a shippy ending, but that doesn't mean I'd LIKE it. ;)

Daniel_locks_my_chevron
May 23rd, 2004, 02:22 PM
End SG-1? that there's crazy talk!
But seriously I couldn't begin to speculate a finale. This show has become a constant; solid as a rock. Ending it would be like cancelling all further christmas' and shooting every last puppy on the planet into space on a really big rocket that strikes the sun causing some form of solar anomaly that wipes out all life on earth...nasty...

AMEN! I agree with you totally. You put my feelings into the words that I couldn't find! I would rather shave my head and grow hair in bald places than see the ending of the greatest show ever created!

dorien
May 23rd, 2004, 02:39 PM
I think it would be interesting to have the show end with Dr Jackson speaking to an emptying lecture hall. A replay of the scene from the movie. Only this time there is no Dr Langford waiting to wisk him off on a galactic adventure. He stands on the sidewalk in the rain with all his belongings in a suitcase. You see, the entire series has in fact only happened in Walter Mitty fashion. And Daniel wakes from the daydream.

Icarus
May 23rd, 2004, 02:50 PM
It would be interesting to see full disclosure of the Stargate and the program to the public, and the resulting reactions. Maybe a glance ten years into the future - people going into space for business deals and such, and of course an update on the lives of the SGC personnel.

Then, we see an all out attack from a long term enemy - possibly from the Wraith for the SG teams' actions in the Atlantis series - or the evolved replicators making their way from their homeworld (after having wiped out the Asgard in a previous few episodes) to Earth, destroying and assimilating everything on their path, thus leaving a few SG Atlantis teams stranded in the lost city with no home to return to.

Liebestraume
May 23rd, 2004, 04:22 PM
How should they end the series?
Peace on Earth and Goodwill to Mankind! :D

Okay, so may be that is a bit too ambitious. I'll settle for the following:
(1) Goa'uld defeat by Earth in a decisive battle.
(2) Full disclosure of Stargate to the public.
(3) A new generation taking over the responsibility of SGC.

In addition, I'd like to see the each member of SG-1 achieving a small measure of personal happiness (beyond fame, fortune, or pregnancy :p). In that vein:
(1) Daniel staying on with a field unit, doing his "explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and new civilizations" thing. ;)
(2) Sam staying on with SGC, but returning to her first love -- science.
(3) Teal'c returning home ro liberate his people from slavery.
(4) Jack sitting on his rooftop, gazing at the stars.
And I want whatever Jack sees through his telescope to be the closing shot.

Madeleine
May 23rd, 2004, 09:02 PM
Nice idea for a closing shot, Liebestraume :)

the dancer of spaz
May 24th, 2004, 08:55 AM
Give 'em a huge battle. You know, massive firefights, death, explosions, more death, BIGGER explosions, those little yellow critters.

Either all of the allies that Earth has acquired over the years can be there to help, or they can be destroyed or suppressed in the process. Either way, it'd be awesome to have an intense battle, where the stakes are high for all walks of life.

Then... towards the end, the SGC has to make a decision - a BIG decision - that's not one we've ever seen before.

You know, typical season finale, only this time, it'd be the LAST big decision we ever see.
*tear*

OR...

Like someone said earlier, they could delve into the lives that SG-1 now have outside of the SGC, because they have had to relocate to another planet with a good-sized proportion of the Earth's population. Only now, due to the fight with the Big Baddies, their Stargate is inoperable. The Big Baddies are definitely dead for sure, but Earth is wiped out and they have the responsibility of keeping the Tau'ri alive - including for future generations.

Seeing them move on from such a horrific turn of events could be angsty - and fun. Jack could be the General of it, the head honcho, and they would go from there.

I'd add more, but I think I'm just rambling, so... :D

mad_designer
May 24th, 2004, 11:09 AM
Well, I was thinking more about it and came up with this:
Earth creates an alliance of ex-Goa'uld slave worlds and other races they come across. The alliance creates a vast fleet and a huge army. But befor they are ready, they find out that the sytem lords, ALL of them, are about to launch an attack on earth. So they set up an ambush, and after the Goa'uld fleet opens fire on earth, the fleet arrives. The allied fleet is out numbered, the Goa'uld set troops and glyders to earth but are met by the allied forces. Then, as the battle is about to be lost, the Asgard fleet arrives with a large fleet, along with some ships from the Furlings and possibly the nox, and turn the tide of the battle.

I couldn't think of the last scene, but Imagine how it would look to see an ACCUAL fleet on fleet battle with the fate of the galaxy on the line.

And if the directors or story writers are reading this, think of the awards you could win for special effects for this battle.

shockwave
May 24th, 2004, 12:19 PM
Shots of differents planets being liberated from the Goa'uld.
Shot to daniel lecturing, but this time people are arriving instead of leaving. In VIP room you see Hammond, Hayes, Jacob, Bratac, Davis, Catherine, Maynard, Woolsey, Colson, Vidrine, Sarah, ...
Shot of Teal'c leaving through the stargate
Shot of Jack watching to the stars
End credits

USS Thunderchild
May 24th, 2004, 12:26 PM
I think it would be interesting to have the show end with Dr Jackson speaking to an emptying lecture hall. A replay of the scene from the movie. Only this time there is no Dr Langford waiting to wisk him off on a galactic adventure. He stands on the sidewalk in the rain with all his belongings in a suitcase. You see, the entire series has in fact only happened in Walter Mitty fashion. And Daniel wakes from the daydream.
I'd sue MGM for emotional distress.

Phil

Revet
May 24th, 2004, 12:36 PM

I would personally hate for the series to end on such a tired anticlimax, SG1 didnt become the success it is today by dissapointing fans the way that ending would.

pathoaruk
May 24th, 2004, 12:43 PM
:eek: :eek: It should never end! Ever! Pat H

Revet
May 24th, 2004, 12:49 PM
:eek: :eek: It should never end! Ever! Pat H
Absolutely right! They should hire scientists to develop real sarcophogi (except, y'know, with the evil) so that the show can live on forever!

Greesha
May 24th, 2004, 12:55 PM
It would be interesting to see full disclosure of the Stargate and the program to the public, and the resulting reactions. Maybe a glance ten years into the future - people going into space for business deals and such, and of course an update on the lives of the SGC personnel.

Then, we see an all out attack from a long term enemy - possibly from the Wraith for the SG teams' actions in the Atlantis series - or the evolved replicators making their way from their homeworld (after having wiped out the Asgard in a previous few episodes) to Earth, destroying and assimilating everything on their path, thus leaving a few SG Atlantis teams stranded in the lost city with no home to return to.

i agree, revealing the stargate to the public would make for a good ending--and it would set it up for the movie sequel, lol.

the dancer of spaz
May 24th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Shots of differents planets being liberated from the Goa'uld.
Shot to daniel lecturing, but this time people are arriving instead of leaving. In VIP room you see Hammond, Hayes, Jacob, Bratac, Davis, Catherine, Maynard, Woolsey, Colson, Vidrine, Sarah, ...
Shot of Teal'c leaving through the stargate
End credits

;) I like the whole montage sequence and everything, but one quick question:

Does Carter die before the series ends, or did you just forget about her?

Otherwise, it's an interesting idea. :)

TammyK
May 26th, 2004, 04:33 PM
Even though I'd hate to see the show end it should do so while all four members of SG-1 are still present or it just won't be satisfying. I love the suggestion that it end with a shot of the stars through Jack's telescope, that would be awesome! :D

As for a final episode I'd kinda like to see something more intimate than the usual space battle. Picture all four members of the team spending the day at Jack's fishing cabin. They could have a low key outdoor adventure that allows them to bond one last time. Maybe talk about what they've come to mean to each other. It could turn out to be a retirement party for Jack, who would be spending a lot more time at the cabin in the future. I'd also like to see Teal'c go to be with Ishta as a leader of his people, Sam return to the sciences and Daniel become a university professor.

After LC I'm not sure they should even try to create another large scale finale. The idea of something small and emotional could be a lot more effective and memorable.

Dramaqueen
May 27th, 2004, 01:31 AM
After LC I'm not sure they should even try to create another large scale finale. The idea of something small and emotional could be a lot more effective and memorable.
I kinda like that idea... Since my sister suggested that they should kill off SG-1 in the last episode by accidently entering an incoming wormhole... (well, I made sure she won't have any other ideas like that :mad: ) I am way more open to that kind of ending SG.

I agree. Would be interesting to see what happens to all the SGC people when the program is revealed to the public... something like in 2010 but a little less advanced maybe...

shockwave
May 27th, 2004, 02:16 AM
;) I like the whole montage sequence and everything, but one quick question:

Does Carter die before the series ends, or did you just forget about her?

Otherwise, it's an interesting idea. :)

I forgot Carter, put a shot of Carter receiving a nobel prize for ... between the daniel and teal'c one

Catysg1
May 27th, 2004, 03:01 AM
With Sam and Jack in bed with some middle bits nudity...because AT said it was more sexy..... prior to an off world mission for the team..By then Sam(who is now a Doctor and don't go off world anymore ) is replaced by Major Davies ..who will take the position of Colonel ..Sam will supervise and will give her expertise to the team from SGC. ;) :p

Caty the cheeky :p :) ;) :D

dorien
May 27th, 2004, 08:36 AM
I think it would be interesting to have the show end with Dr Jackson speaking to an emptying lecture hall. A replay of the scene from the movie. Only this time there is no Dr Langford waiting to wisk him off on a galactic adventure. He stands on the sidewalk in the rain with all his belongings in a suitcase. You see, the entire series has in fact only happened in Walter Mitty fashion. And Daniel wakes from the daydream.I would personally hate for the series to end on such a tired anticlimax, SG1 didnt become the success it is today by dissapointing fans the way that ending would.
It would be an ironic ending for a show that has never shied away from irony. After all, what is more believable: an alien device that transforms a geek into a galactic hero or a geek with delusions of grandeur?

I think shows should be written to tell a good story. Not necessarily to satisfy the expectations of fans. But that's just me.

Revet
May 27th, 2004, 08:42 AM
True you bring up an excellent point, but I personnally think that the writting staff of SG1 probably would shy away from such quirky twist endings anyway.

the dancer of spaz
May 27th, 2004, 09:50 PM
True you bring up an excellent point, but I personnally think that the writting staff of SG1 probably would shy away from such quirky twist endings anyway.

Yeah... I can just see all of guys in charge making sure that half of the remaining budget is spent on the series finale. You know, big explosions and the like. PD would have a blast.

flynn1959
May 28th, 2004, 01:21 PM
I think the show should end with the whole team Jack, Daniel, Teal'c and Sam walking through the Stargate together.....off to explore the stars .
Followed by a feature film or eight.

Capt_Insano
May 28th, 2004, 08:36 PM
Well, considering there is not way in [email protected]#*ing hell the U.S. can cover up the events that transpired during the s7 finale, the stargate program, or at least an interstellar space travel program would have to be internationally revealed. If it is not revealed I will probably lose a lot of faith in the writers and the show in general. I refuse to believe, even with giving "suspension of disbelief" maximum leniancy, that it could be covered up(that is unless MIB nuerolyzers work over television broadcasts). BTW, I don't want to hear, "But it was in Antactica".
Captain Insano

ABYDOSCITY2
May 28th, 2004, 10:29 PM
I would like to see this ending
Teal'c gets married again, settles on Earth in semi-retirement with a part time goverment consutling job on alien cultures.
Daniel getting married again and continuing to work for the governement in his current job.
Sam married to anybody but Jack or Pete. Major Davis would be nice, and contiinuting her military career. SHe would make a great general.
Jack back with Sara, and going on a month long fishing trip. :cool:

Ali888
May 30th, 2004, 10:15 AM
With Sam and Jack in bed with some middle bits nudity...because AT said it was more sexy..... prior to an off world mission for the team..By then Sam(who is now a Doctor and don't go off world anymore ) is replaced by Major Davies ..who will take the position of Colonel ..Sam will supervise and will give her expertise to the team from SGC.

And Daniel and Teal'c are where exactly in your little scenario? SG1 is a team of FOUR people, not two.

shockwave
May 30th, 2004, 10:49 AM
I updated mine a little:

Shot of Jack inviting SG-1 to a fishing trip, them agreeing
Shot of Jack, Daniel, Sam and Teal'c at Jack's cabin, Jack and Daniel are fishing, Daniel catches a fish, shot of Jack's reaction
Shot of President Hayes giving some speech that announces the existence of the stargate
Shots of differents planets being liberated from the Goa'uld. (another star wars homage :p)
Shot of Carter receiving a nobel prize for science...
Shot to daniel lecturing, but this time people are arriving instead of leaving. In VIP room you see Hammond, Hayes, Jacob, Bratac, Davis, Catherine, Maynard, Woolsey, Colson, Vidrine, Sarah, chevron guy, siler, ...
Shot of Teal'c (accompagned by Bratac) leaving through the stargate back to Chulak, but first looking back at the people in the control room and the people waving him goodby (jack,hammond,sam,daniel,...) before stepping into the gate
End credits

Lil Naitch
May 30th, 2004, 11:15 AM
Everybody dies.
Think Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid.

Crazedwraith
May 30th, 2004, 12:16 PM
With the ending credits, it's traditional.

TechnoBoY
May 30th, 2004, 03:19 PM
It should end like some of the older stuff, all being a dream or something. Some nerdy Trekkie wakes up and he is high on weed, and he just says "Wooooh".

Bogopimp
May 30th, 2004, 03:21 PM
i tthink te last episodes should be a triple episode story, with a major goauld system lord, whoever gets big after annubis, taking over a major city. Imagine, you just see jaffa, hundreds of thousands of them, lining the streets. Then , the culmination of all the episodes takes place, the SGC Personnel, rebel jaffa, tokra, asgard join together to do battle with this system lord. Maybe the replicators get involved. It would be like an AMAZING ending to the entire series! When all good in the galaxy comes together to do battle against true evil. It could be an epiphany! People of earth see theres more to life than money! It becomes very star trek, "no money" sort of world, with poverty, hunger and war stricken to one united, Better world! and then, the stargate, now in a new city which was built to commemorate good's triumph over evil welcomes a nox through the stargate, who stands before the world, and simply says... "The young may not always listen... It seems your growing up", or some other kind of pillow eating, heart wrenchingly sobby moment! And the entire series draws to a close with RDA's face smiling at a new united world. An alliance between all races to do good in the galaxy!

Ah me, im almost crying that may not happen :'(

edit: oh, and in reference to some above points....
1. Yeah, RDA looking at the stars would be sweet!
2. And im sorry to persist with this point... But all of that id sacrifice... if sam got her tits out :P (it cant be before the end... SG1 would lose loads of its viewers once they got what they wanted :P)

Dani347
May 30th, 2004, 03:40 PM
With Sam and Jack in bed with some middle bits nudity...because AT said it was more sexy..... prior to an off world mission for the team..By then Sam(who is now a Doctor and don't go off world anymore ) is replaced by Major Davies ..who will take the position of Colonel ..Sam will supervise and will give her expertise to the team from SGC.

And Daniel and Teal'c are where exactly in your little scenario? SG1 is a team of FOUR people, not two.

A-freaking-men. SG-1 4 people. 4 people. Stargate SG-1 a show with 4 cast members. Not 2. Not the Sam&Jack show.

The show should end with all four of them.

ShadowMaat
May 30th, 2004, 04:02 PM
If Sam and Jack end up in bed, I will vomit all over my television set... or probably all over my comp since I won't be watching but WILL be reading about it.

Then I will fly to Vancouver and personally vomit on TPTB for doing such a vile and disgusting thing. http://smilies.jeeptalk.org/contrib/edoom/throwup.gif
It's just my opinion, of course, but URG! What a sick, horrible way to end the show!

I do at least agree that TPTB should remember it's a four person team.

petzke_42
May 31st, 2004, 12:43 AM
I am pretty sure the only bed that any members of SG-1 will end up in together is their deathbed.

....unless we get to see Sam in the ol' b-day suit, then I'm all for it....someone start a petition!

Slainte
May 31st, 2004, 05:53 AM
I'm just an old romantic, I guess, but I worry about Jack. I would want something intriguing/exciting/fulfilling/challenging for him to look forward to after SG-1 disbands. He's suffered enough and deserves some personal happiness. Sam and Jack would be great, but not obligatory. For Jack to just retire going off into the sunset alone, no. I want, no demand ;) , some kind of happy ending for him.

Ugly Pig
May 31st, 2004, 07:47 AM
Personally, I'm hoping for more of a "non-ending" ending. Tie up all the major plot threads, such as having the goa'uld, replicators and other major enemies diminished to the point where we can be sure they'll never be a threat again, but beyond that - no major changes. No definite "things-will-never-be-the-same-again", end of an era crap. End it showing that life at the SGC goes on, SG-1 keeps going on missions exploring many planets.

As others have suggested, SG-1 going through the gate would be a great final scene. It'd be good to have Jonas present for the last scene, too - not neccessarily back on the team or permanently back on Earth, but present. Just to have all SG-1 members there at the end. And Hammond, too. :)

Ali888
May 31st, 2004, 02:35 PM
I'm just an old romantic, I guess, but I worry about Jack. I would want something intriguing/exciting/fulfilling/challenging for him to look forward to after SG-1 disbands. He's suffered enough and deserves some personal happiness. Sam and Jack would be great, but not obligatory. For Jack to just retire going off into the sunset alone, no. I want, no demand ;) , some kind of happy ending for him.

But why does Jack have to be with someone in order to be happy? Why can't he be happy just fishing by himself? Lots of peace and quiet. I don't buy all of this 'everyone needs to be part of a couple in order to be happy stuff'. Jack has been single for the last seven/eight years and he seems pretty okay with it.

Ali P

Ugly Pig
May 31st, 2004, 02:37 PM
Jack has been single for the last seven/eight years and he seems pretty okay with it.
Not by choice, though. Sara left him... Or so he said in COTG.

Still, in principle I do agree with you.

Slainte
May 31st, 2004, 02:52 PM
But why does Jack have to be with someone in order to be happy? Why can't he be happy just fishing by himself? Lots of peace and quiet. I don't buy all of this 'everyone needs to be part of a couple in order to be happy stuff'. Jack has been single for the last seven/eight years and he seems pretty okay with it.

Ali PHe doesn't have to be with someone, but he needs something more than fishing alone. I think Jack is someone who needs someone or something important in his life to make it meaningful. After 50 those connections are more important than ever. IMO. It could be lots of things, not only a romantic relationship, but for many people, not all, those intimate relationships are very important. He doesn't have a living child, no close relationships with siblings that we know of, so what's to happen when SG-1 disbands and everyone goes separate ways? He could meet someone new and fall in love or he could become devoted to some cause other than the SGC. There needs to be something important in his future.

Retirement can result in emotional problems, lots of what ifs. I'm just saying I would like the show to end with Jack finally finding some happiness and contentment. Do I think Jack's been happy these last seven years single? No, I don't, but that's just my opinion.

Liebestraume
May 31st, 2004, 04:26 PM
I don't buy all of this 'everyone needs to be part of a couple in order to be happy stuff'.
I couldn't agree more. Although relationships, platonic or otherwise, are important to these characters (and central to this show), for them being happy is more than just spending time in each other's company. There are higher callings (if you will) for these people: Daniel has his archeology, Sam has her science, Teal'c has his cause, and Jack ...

... Aye, there is the rub. What is Jack's "thing"? I mean no disrespect to all the Bass-Masters out there, but fishing in a pond all day long simply cannot satisfy a man as dynamic and intelligent as Jack. Yes, I said intelligent, for there is a reason why he was gazing out of a telescope, instead of sitting with a fishing rod, when we first met him. Though we rarely see that side of Jack these days, I do get Slainte's point (i.e., the part about Jack needing something important to do).

Bogopimp
June 1st, 2004, 05:23 AM
What are you all saying, "jack is alone"... HE HAS TIELC (sp?)! He'll always have tielc :) and then theres lara on that planet from 100 days, he was well into her :)

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 05:27 AM
you know what the ending should be?! hmm?!?!??!

SG-1 goes out for a beer.

THE END.

no ushy gushy romancy mushy crap, just them going out...for a BEER.

Ugly Pig
June 1st, 2004, 06:36 AM

Yay! That sounds good. :)
And I don't even like beer.

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 06:50 AM
Yay! That sounds good. :)
And I don't even like beer.

i hate beer! but it would be a nice subtle ending =)

Jadestar9
June 1st, 2004, 08:05 AM
you know what the ending should be?! hmm?!?!??!

THE END.

no ushy gushy romancy mushy crap, just them going out...for a BEER.

That would be a awesome ending. However I would like one real kiss between Sam/Jack. Just one pleaseeeeeeee!!! :D or even Sam and Daniel or Sam and Teal'c....I just want a kiss. *giggle*

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 08:14 AM
okay, there can be a kiss too =)

Jadestar9
June 1st, 2004, 08:27 AM
:D :D Awww!! thank you thank you thank you!!! :D :D

That's all I want just one kiss..so it is actually true fanfic cannon! Plus I do love kisses too. hee!

ShadowMaat
June 1st, 2004, 08:27 AM
okay, there can be a kiss too =)
*is sick all over shinyredpants*

NO, NO, NO, NO! A thousand times, NO!!! Please, spare us poor anti-shippers anything as vomit-inducing as that!! :P

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 08:30 AM
i didnt say who was going to be kissed or who was going to be kissing them!

for all you know it could be jack getting a puppy and kissing it

a PUPPY!!!!!!!

oh wait..maybe i did say...or assume...nevermind

*is on crack*

shinyredpants
June 1st, 2004, 08:36 AM
i know the absolute perfect ending:

Mayborne and O'neill are at jack's fishing hole, sipping on beer, swatting at mosquitoes. a knock on the door reveals you guessed it, the rest of the members with a PIE.

i really want some pie...

Anubis
June 1st, 2004, 09:33 AM
shinyredpants

i know the absolute perfect ending:

Mayborne and O'neill are at jack's fishing hole, sipping on beer, swatting at mosquitoes. a knock on the door reveals you guessed it, the rest of the members with a PIE.

i really want some pie...

That sounds like the perfect ending to me. Not that it would ever happen! lol

Livi2Jack
June 1st, 2004, 11:28 AM
They should NEVER end SG1. End of issue.

SG1Team4ever
June 1st, 2004, 11:31 AM
I think that they should end the series as they began the movie...
Daniel lecturing to a big group of his peers. This time the hall/room is full and overflowing as more and more people try to get in, and sitting no beaming in the front row is Jack, Sam, Teal'c, Hammond, Sarah, etc.
That way it could be a clip show which saves money, but it could be two hours long and kind of review the last 8, 9, 10 years whatever.
As long as they are ripping off..I mean homaging other shows they should do a Babylon 5 and show what happens to the team and the SGC/Earth in 50 years, 100 years, 1000 years, etc...showing a gradual progression of the species and at they end of that they should show the human race far into the future becoming the fifth race and maybe another meeting between all of the 5 races.
At the very end should be a shot of SG-1 standing in the conference room looking out at the Stargate, as a new generation steps through then fade to black.

TEAM FOREVER!!!

bcmilco
June 1st, 2004, 12:10 PM
Wow, there are some really great ideas on this thread :)

My personal idea/concept for the ending goes something like this:

SG-1 mostly defeats the gou'ald, in other words while they are not completely destroyed we know that it's now just a matter of mopping up.

Because the gou'ald et al are now just a blip on the screen, the members of SG-1 move on. before the last scene we find out that Daniel has asked for and recieved permission for a new team that he'll head to go out and study the cultures that we've run across and will run across because of the Stargate, and is happy as a clam. Sam goes back to the science she loves so much. Teal'c heads off to help the Rebels establish a Jaffa Nation.

The final scene would start in the gate room, Teal'c in his armor, facing the other three saying goodbye. Teal'c goes up the ramp and the camera fallows him into the wormhole we get the special effects of traveling through the wormhole (the original effect with all the parts) and right as we get to the other side, it goes white, then fades to black.

That's what I see when I think about the show ending. I have other ideas about how the 'ship should end but I'll spare you :p