This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How should they end SG-1?

Although it is in question, season 8 is suposidly the last SG-1 season. So my question is this: How should they end the series? In my opinion, they should have earth destroy or defeat/conquer the Goa'uld and, as a trekki, create their own version of the federation. What's your thoughts on this?

P.S. the reason I didn't put this under Season 8 is because many of the people involved in SG-1 want a season 9, and in an interview they were joking about how easy it would be to write new eps. for season 13. So since there's a tiny chance that season 8 won't be the last, I didn't put it in there.
    I design ships for one reason: To make everyone in the universe to run in fear at the very mention of its name.

I think at the end, the whole world will know about the stargate, like in 2010. But i think they should go into the future and show us how SG1 got on with there lifes (if they are all still alive ), like if they got married and started families etc. But there should be a big battle and the world should be saved.

True Love! <3 True Love! <3

Comment

Yes, there should be a big battle but I don't think the entire world should be saved. Besides, you can't keep going through life not making any mistakes, something has to go wrong, even on Stargate

Another future episode would be interesting just to see how it turned out. As Jane said, marriage, famalies and children. Also it would be interesting just to see if any of them died or had an accident that could not be healed

A overall ending? It would have to be something explosive to be remembered with a bang
      __

__

Comment

Why such an happy endings. Why not let it end with all sg-teams dead, sgc destroyed and the people of Tau'ri enslaved? huh? That would be good ending
        "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

How about Earth gets wiped out, and the teams off world have to band together on an uninhabited planet to re-stock the population?
          sigpic

Comment

Except Stargate is a happy program!

What should happen is one last victory against the season's big bad, they get a little time off and then continue their missions through the gate, ending on a shot of them walking up the ramp....

Comment

They should all go suck a lemon , that would be cool!

Comment

Well, I'm always in favor of explosive, traumatic finales that leave everyone wondering whether or not the main characters are still alive, and that's how I answered the Q last time it was asked, but if you want more sedate...

Sam finds out she's pregnant (by PETE ) so she voluntarily removes herself from the Stargate program and gets a job in the private sector so she and Pete can settle down and try to raise their kid in a semi-normal environment. In 2010 the problem was she wanted kids but couldn't get pregnant. Now, she gets pregnant but isn't sure she wants kids (at this time). Creates some nice personal angst for her.

Daniel either gets a pretigious tenured job at a fancy University he was once booed out of, or he joins the crew of Prometheus, who have been finding clues about the Ancients on worlds inaccessible via gate. Either way, he's happy as a clam.

Teal'c leaves to raise his son and do his part to fight in the rebellion.

Jack, the only one who wasn't keen on joining SG-1 in the first place, winds up being the only teammate left at Stargate Command. He stays in charge of the base and has a whole new batch of recruits to terrorize and train.

Jonas finally realizes that no matter how hard he tries and no matter how great the peril might be to his world, his people are never going to change. Once again he sneaks off like a thief in the night to Stargate Command, where people actually listen to him on occasion and where the work he does will actually do some good. Either he settles down to a happy life right there on the base (with his trusty "research assistant" by his side) or the truth of his genetics is discovered and he's sent off to Atlantis to help the team there.

Life goes on.

Last shot is of a team of new recruits walking up the ramp, and Jack watching from the control room, a very enigmatic expression on his face...

Comment

I think they should either go the warm fuzzy route or the apocalyptic, open-ending:

1) Warm fuzzy. SG-1 saves Earth yet again after a climatic battle against the allied Goa'uld system lords. They gather for a party at Jack's house. Toast lost friends, lovers, wives (this is going to be a long toast... ) Lots of laughs, Daniel balances fruit on all the bottles, Jack and Sam give each other sappy looks (throwing a bone to the shippers). Teal'c announces he'll be leaving to assume a leadership role with his people. (Sort of a "Return of the King" thing). He's fulfilled his quest to defeat the Goa'uld alongside the Tauri.

2) Apocalyptic ending. Final attack on earth by allied Goa'uld or replicators, other villain. Doesn't go well this time and it looks like the mountain is going to be taken. SG-1 and other SGC teams and some political figures and other important civilians barely escape thru the gate to the alpha site. Gate on Earth is destroyed and teams are stranded. No ships, no Asgard to rescue them. Jack sets up a new SGC on the alpha site. Series ends with Jack's speech to the newly reassembled teams. Continue travel thru the gate system, seeking allies and a way to return and reclaim Earth. Ends with some optimism that you know they'll find a way to accomplish their goals. And hey! It sets up a new series.
                  Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Kes, I really like the Apocalyptic ending,different,and it could start a great story line for Atlantis,choice Kes
                    "Silence"Kneel before your God
                    Apophis is the english Translation for "APEPI" Serpent god of the night

Comment

I've always thought that a fulfilling ending would involve having the Tau'ri officially become the Fifth Race (reference to the season 2 episode by the same name). To obtain this goal, the SGC would almost certainly have to save the Asgard and/or the Nox in some climatic battle. Perhaps a showdown against the replicators as they try to invade the Nox homeworld would work.

If there are no desires at MGM to follow up the series with an SG-1 theatrical movie, then it would provide a good sense of closure if the SGC brings the To'kra together with rebel Jaffa to destroy the last of the system lords. If a movie or another spin-off series is planned, however, then destroying the last of the Goa'ulds probably is not an option.
                      There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

With a bang. a big battle that totally defeats the Goa'uld in an amazing battle, possibly with some or all of the mainc ast not surviving the battle. This should probably be a movie of the series, and since Atlantis involves different enemies it would totally finish of the enemies who have been at the core of SG1.

spook
                        spook

Comment

End SG-1? that there's crazy talk!
                          But seriously I couldn't begin to speculate a finale. This show has become a constant; solid as a rock. Ending it would be like cancelling all further christmas' and shooting every last puppy on the planet into space on a really big rocket that strikes the sun causing some form of solar anomaly that wipes out all life on earth...nasty...
                          How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                          *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                          *Daniel notices*
                          Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                          Jonas: Y..yes?
                          *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                          Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                          Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                          Daniel:Uh...no...
                          Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

Well, there should obviously be some huge, culminating battle, hopefully with a fleet of Prometheus class ships, and humans become the fifth race.

Then the last 10 minutes have O'Neill retiring, and everyone else gets new postions. Finally we see them all out at his little cabbin fishing. Think of the possibilities for the final dialogue. Then we have a shot where the camera just keeps going up from Sg-1 sitting on the dock, into the stars, then swoops back down to chayenne mountain (a nice little effect where the camera swoops through the mountain) and we see the new sg-1 step through the gate, and fade to black.

Phil
                            Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                            Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

End it on a high note, a cliffhanger that sets up the movie to end the SG-1 saga.
                              Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
                              Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
                              Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
                              Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
                              Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
                              Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
                              Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Working...
                              X