This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how old is gateworld?

How old are the Gateworld.net forums? That is, when was the very first Gateworld forum created?

This Forum was created in May of this year, as for the old Delphi Forum (RIP), I have no idea.
    Rocky

Comment

Yeah I mean the old forum. Most or all of the people who were on the old forum came to this new one, correct?

Comment

I think. I was a member at the old Forum, but I wasn't there very long, and, unlike at this Forum, I didn't post/visit very often, so I can't be sure, but yeah, I think so.
        Rocky

Comment

You can still visit the old site by going to this address...

http://forums.delphiforums.com/starguideforums/start

It's kinda cool to see want we were talking about back then.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Well, it appears that Darren joined the old Forum iin October 2000, so I guess that is when the Delphi Forum started up.
            Rocky

Comment

The old forum's first post (by Darren) was on the 1st July 2001 or possibly 7th Jan 2001. Delphi does the dates weird.

But before that there was another GW forum, and I have a feeling it was called StarGuide.

Darren...?

Madeleine

Comment

So no later than 2001 then...thanks people.

Comment

I think we started the Delphi forum in January '01. But the very first (when we were STARGUIDE) was on a trial version of UBB, and started several months before that. So technically the forum is over four years old.
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I concur with the January 01 date, as I first started really playing here when I got made redundant, which was at the end of 2000. I started my new job about half way through Jan 01, so that means I started playing here (on Delphi that is) when it was StarGuide at the start of Jan 01.

I'd seen the old UBB site though, but I don't think I ever joined it. I found it a bit intimadating, and when I came back to the forum, it was in the Delphi format.

But Delphi ate my first Delphi log on name though!
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by GateGipsy
                      I concur with the January 01 date, as I first started really playing here when I got made redundant, which was at the end of 2000. I started my new job about half way through Jan 01, so that means I started playing here (on Delphi that is) when it was StarGuide at the start of Jan 01.

I'd seen the old UBB site though, but I don't think I ever joined it. I found it a bit intimadating, and when I came back to the forum, it was in the Delphi format.

But Delphi ate my first Delphi log on name though!
                      Weird! I joined the Delphi forum and when when we moved to this one, this one ate my Delphi logon name!

Comment

Originally posted by astronomicalchick
                        Weird! I joined the Delphi forum and when when we moved to this one, this one ate my Delphi logon name!
                        What do you mean by "ate" your log-on name?
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                          You can still visit the old site by going to this address...
                          http://forums.delphiforums.com/starguideforums/start
                          It's kinda cool to see want we were talking about back then.
                          Wow... that's so cool! Thanks for the link Major Tyler!
                          BTW, I never would have noticed before, but this forum really does just look sooo much nicer than the old one did! Surprise, surprise... lol
                          There is only one thing we can ever truly control: whether we are good, or evil.

Comment

this may seem like a dumb question, but i was just curious, how long has been gateworld been around?the latest join dates ive seen are from around april and may2004, or is this just cause the forumwas started later then the rest of the website? the show is what 9 years old i think, so im guessing maybe around 1999 or 2000 give or take
                            anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

GateWorld (previously STARGUIDE) was started in October, 1999.
                              http://www.gateworld.net/staff/history.shtml

Our first forum began sometime in 2000.

Our Delphi forum began (IIRC) in January, 2001.

This incarnation of the forum (vBulletin) officially launched in May, 2004.

Darren

Comment

Working...
                              X