• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dreamcatcher (505)

Visit the Episode GuideONCE UPON A TIME - SEASON FIVE
    DREAMCATCHER
    EPISODE NUMBER - 505
    In Camelot, as Mary Margaret and David attempt to retrieve the Dark One dagger, Emma uses a dreamcatcher to look into the past to see how Merlin was transformed into a tree. Together, Emma and Regina figure out the critical ingredient they must acquire to free Merlin, but it's a race against Arthur, who does not want Merlin released. Back in Storybrooke, the heroes break into Emma's house hoping to locate Gold. (ABC)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 25 October 2015, 12:50 AM.

This was my Favourite Episode so far this Season. It even makes me want to watch Brave for the first time. Lets see if the writers will get us to a point where we understand what Emma is doing.

Since this Episode was dedicated to the Dreamcatchers, I would say its a safe bet that it showed something to her that caused her to go overboard. She still thinks she is doing good though, so what could she want with the sword?

Also I dont think the betrayel she feels has happened yet. Her Parents where spelled and Regina has not done anything either and apparently she did something to loose Emmas trust. I guess it all depends on what Merlin tells us next Episode, if Emma is not ready to let go of the Darkness he wont be able to help and then what?

On a sidenote, they made it a bit too obvious that the first Dark one was his only love. He couldnt kill her. So do we have to expect Morgana next? (Not sure about the Name, but in some versions Merlin has a female Adversary) I know she must have been killed in order for the Darkness to transfer, but still.
    Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
    Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
    There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

It does seem they are setting up for morgan la fey to show up.

Comment

My only real gripe with the episode is the fact that Rumple is still so cowardly without his powers. I mean I grant that he has always been a Cowardly character, even as the dark one but it would be nice to know that being freed of its power may have progressed his character somewhat... ah well.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          My only real gripe with the episode is the fact that Rumple is still so cowardly without his powers. I mean I grant that he has always been a Cowardly character, even as the dark one but it would be nice to know that being freed of its power may have progressed his character somewhat... ah well.
          IMO his cowardice is so ingrained in his mentality it will be hard for him to break out of it.

Comment

So in the world of "Once Upon a Time logic", seeing the person you love murdered in front of you is the equivalent level of heartbreak as a girl you just met telling you they want to be friends?

Also, wow Ryan Robins is everywhere these days, I had just gotten done watching an episode of Arrow and then suddenly I see him in this too.
            Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 01 November 2015, 09:15 PM.
            "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
              So in the world of "Once Upon a Time logic", seeing the person you love murdered in front of you is the equivalent level of heartbreak as a girl you just met telling you they want to be friends?

Also, wow Ryan Robins is everywhere these days, I had just gotten done watching an episode of Arrow and then suddenly I see him in this too.
              Well like Emma said, it's still traumatic for Regina but the hurt is less than it was just because she's found love again and has Robin now. It had only just happened to Henry then and there, plus when you're that age any kind of heartbreak feels like the end of the world.

Comment

She saw a loved one's heart literally ripped of his chest in front of her and crushed. That's not a normal thing that happens to people. Girls you just met telling you they want to be friends, is.

One is a lifelong trauma. The other is like part of growing up.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

She saw a loved one's heart literally ripped of his chest in front of her and crushed. That's not a normal thing that happens to people. Girls you just met telling you they want to be friends, is.

One is a lifelong trauma. The other is like part of growing up.
                  It was explained by Emma: "Merlin wept for the loss of the ONLY woman he ever loved". Regina had a new love, her first wasnt as hurtful anymore, as well as her being a Woman. Henry however did loose his only love. No question that Reginas trauma is bigger, but in terms of magic the small print matters. One wrong word can make a wish go bad or a spell go wrong.
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
                  Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
                  There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
                    It was explained by Emma: "Merlin wept for the loss of the ONLY woman he ever loved". Regina had a new love, her first wasnt as hurtful anymore, as well as her being a Woman. Henry however did loose his only love. No question that Reginas trauma is bigger, but in terms of magic the small print matters. One wrong word can make a wish go bad or a spell go wrong.
                    Not to mention that after many, many years of ripping out and crushing hearts herself, the shock value has probably worn off for Regina.

Comment

Emotion is personal. The worst thing that's happened to you doesn't become less devastating because others have experienced worse. Otherwise, we wouldn't be allowed to be sad about anything as long as someone could conceive of something worse.

Regina has time between her and her trauma, and she's moving on. Henry is a typical overly-dramatic kid thinking the world is ending.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

I was doing a double take with Robins in the ep as well.

And i DO feel that Regina's heart break should have worked more so than Henry's.

Comment

Working...
                        X