• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Laws of Nature (301)

Visit the Episode GuideAGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. - SEASON THREE
    LAWS OF NATURE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 301
    Daisy leads the team in extracting a new Inhuman from Seattle, but soon decides she will need help acclimating the Inhumans to their new lives. Coulson tracks the leader of another organization that is searching for powered people, and Fitz goes to great lengths on a last-ditch effort to find Jemma.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 September 2015, 09:13 PM.

Great start to a new season. I loved the stuff with Skye and Mac. I also enjoyed Coulson's arm and of course the scene where Fitz is totally badass. And lastly the scene with Fitz breaking down was well done and .
    sigpic

Comment

OK.. What gives here. Last season on 'watch abc.com', i was able to catch episodes the NIGHT after they aired, if i couldn't catch them live. Now all i am getting is the intro 5 mins..??

Comment

Well, they certainly proved that Lash can take a lashing. Full clip of bullets at close range and SKye and Lincoln's attacks? I hope they do something with Ward to make him interesting quickly. He was so pointless all of last season.
        sigpic

Comment

BTW, did anyone else notice the fire axe hanging in Coulson's office? Suprised he'd keep that...
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Archaeis View Post
            BTW, did anyone else notice the fire axe hanging in Coulson's office? Suprised he'd keep that...
            I was more surprised they still had his hand in a case in the lab.

Comment

Poor Fitz. I'm right there with him. I want my Simmons back.
              Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                There needs to be some more ridiculous gritty relationship subplots again. Sure we've got Bobbi/Hunter and brooding Fitz/Simmons. But, let's stretch it even more. Fitz/Simmons/Coulson love triangle or May's unrequited lust for Patton Oswalt.
                sigpic

Comment

Well, they certainly proved that Lash can take a lashing. Full clip of bullets at close range and SKye and Lincoln's attacks? I hope they do something with Ward to make him interesting quickly. He was so pointless all of last season.
                  Heck now i have been able to catch it (guess i should have waited a few more hours), i am surprised other than Hunter's search for ward, he was not even in this ep..

Loved "lash"s look.. though i wonder is that what Raina might have eventually turned into.
                  Liked the boats/chamber.. Though why does "as per that gal in charge", everyone still think Shield is dead??

Big peave is the whole line of "we got to contain/eliminate them" Sounds rather genocidal to me.

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                  He really acted that part well.. Also loved his trick on those Arabs when he got the scroll.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Loved "lash"s look.. though i wonder is that what Raina might have eventually turned into.
                    Liked the boats/chamber.. Though why does "as per that gal in charge", everyone still think Shield is dead??

Big peave is the whole line of "we got to contain/eliminate them" Sounds rather genocidal to me.
                    The president still referenced SHIELD dropping airships over the capital, pointing to their big fallout as the last thing they did. They were operating covertly all last season, though toward the end Talbot seemed to give them some leeway. I don't think this was in any official manner though.

In Age of Ultron, even Fury acknowledged he wasn't director of anything anymore. Then again, the Avengers facility in Antman seemed to be a fully functional SHEILD site. Hopefully they reconcile all this soon.

One big question I had was why Lash was after Lincoln? He went through the proper traditional Terrigenesis way before the fish oil Inhumans started popping up.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      OK.. What gives here. Last season on 'watch abc.com', i was able to catch episodes the NIGHT after they aired, if i couldn't catch them live. Now all i am getting is the intro 5 mins..??
                      I'm was worried that it would happen to me. I got lucky Tuesday that the family that I babysit for didn't need me past 8:00 so I got home in time. I think hulu says it'll have the episode 8 days after it airs, which sucks but at least they'll have it.
                      sigpic

Comment

I really enjoyed the episode. My random thoughts:
                        --Rosalind is a terrific adversary for Coulson - she can really hold her own. I can't wait to see more of their interaction.
                        --Fitz was AMAZING in this ep! From beginning to end, an awesome performance. IAIN DE CAESTECKER DESERVES ALL THE PRIZES!!!
                        --I like the pairing of Daisy and Mack. They are sort of the odd couple - she is certainly more sympathetic towards the Inhumans while Mack is more focused on how containing the problem - bringing them in to make sure they don't get hurt or don't hurt anyone else.
                        --Coulson's hand is in a glass box in the lab and he has the axe hanging on his wall in his office. I don't know why I love that, but I do!
                        --Coulson was telling Fitz how they had to move on and we finally get the one mention of May in the episode: she went on vacation and never came back, so he lost his right hand, too. It doesn't make up for not having May in the episode, but I would have been more pissed if they didn't acknowledge her at all in the season premiere.
                        --Coulson and Hunter are another fun pairing.
                        --I like Bobbi as a character. I like Hunter as a character. I'm not very enthused about them as a couple. I liked their bickering when she first joined the team. I liked how you could see how much they cared about each other when Hunter was frantic to find Bobbi and she was desperate to keep Hunter from getting killed rescuing her. But I'm not interested in them as a couple now - fighting or not. I don't understand what's supposed to be happening with their characters - are they getting their own show? If their goal is to go after Ward/Hydra, it seems strange for them to be on a separate show when Ward is supposedly the main baddie (or one of them) on AoS.
                        --Really liked the character of Joey. A GAY CHARACTER ON A MARVEL SERIES!!! I hope we see a little bit more of him. I know some people aren't crazy about using the parallel of being gay to being Inhuman (too much like the mutants). You know what? There actually are people who aren't big into X-men (myself included) and don't compare everything Inhuman to mutant. The fact is that Joey knows what it's like to have a secret and he was glad that he finally got it out in the open and could be himself. It's sad that he now has a new secret - one that he really can't be open with due to the state of the world.
                        --It will be interesting to see how Lincoln fits in with the team. (It seems obvious he will have to join them now that his powers have been discovered. And he probably wouldn't fare well all by himself while Lash is after him, too.) Not that I didn't like Lincoln last year, but I find him more interesting now that we don't know exactly how he feels about everything. He knows he was fed lies by Jiaying. Now that he has been "outed" as Inhuman, he probably doesn't know what to do or who to trust.
                        --JEMMA!!! I can't wait to find out what's been happening to her. I really hope it doesn't take too long for her to return to the team.
                        --#WhereisAgentMay. She's in the promo for the next ep, but if there is even one more episode without May in it, I will scream bloody murder.

That's all I can think of at the moment. A great ep that only falls short of a perfect score because there's no Melinda May in it.
                        sigpic
                        Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

One big question I had was why Lash was after Lincoln? He went through the proper traditional Terrigenesis way before the fish oil Inhumans started popping up.
                          Maybe he is one who hunts down fellow inhumans to sap their power??

Comment

Is it just me or has Daisy grown up a bit between seasons?

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                              Is it just me or has Daisy grown up a bit between seasons?
                              Not sure if you are being facetious or not. Taking your question as a serious one - she seems to have more responsibility now - basically in charge of the "welcome wagon" - reaching out to In humans. If you're talking about the tank top which made her look more "womanly" - eh. I watched a reaction vid to the episode and listened to another podcast about the episode - all the guys could talk about were Daisy's boobs. Whatever. Hey - I'm glad for the people who appreciate her physical attributes, but I prefer to listen to podcasts that talk about the characters and story...not that we're seeing a bit more skin on Daisy.
                              sigpic
                              Thanks to Starlover1990 for the banner

Comment

Working...
                              X