X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Man made ZPM ?

I was wondering,
    If Colonel Jack O'Neill was able to construct a ZPM when he had the first download of the ancient knowledge so he use the Stargate to go to the Asgard home world in a different Galaxy. And when the Two Carter did it in the mirror episode, why can't they do it again to go to Atlantis ?
    Last edited by monte_9501; 20 February 2005, 04:42 PM. Reason: mis spelled word

Remember that used a part of a staff weapon to power it? They didn't bring any staff weapons to Atlantis.
    "Thats O'Neill with TWO L's!"
    *Jack holds up three fingers*
    ------------------------------
    Anubis' Jaffa: "No matter what you've previously endured. You have no idea what Anubis is capable of."
    Jack: "You ended that sentence with a preposition..... Bastard!"

Comment

they should just make a few back at the SGC and send them on through the gate..
      I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Thats right I forgot they can't have Goa'uld technology

Comment

Originally posted by monte_9501
          I was wondering,
          If Colonel Jack O'Neill was able to construct a ZPM when he had the first download of the ancient knowledge so he use the Stargate to go to the Asgard home world in a different Galaxy. And when the Two Carter did it in the mirror episode, why can't they do it again to go to Atlantis ?
          Jack didn't build a ZPM. It just a one-time-use device (that the got two uses out of) designed to jump-start the gate so it would connect to the Asgard homeworld. Once the "O'Neill device" connected to the Othalla gate, the Asgard power systems took over and maintained the connection.
          Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

Maybe they will find somthing that recharges zpms in atlantis.Or they might find another repository of the ancients knowledge.If they have them in the milky way why not in atlantis? Then they woul be able to make zpms.

Comment

They do have full access to the same ancient data base that Jack got downloaded into his head right?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by Major Tyler
                Jack didn't build a ZPM. It just a one-time-use device (that the got two uses out of) designed to jump-start the gate so it would connect to the Asgard homeworld. Once the "O'Neill device" connected to the Othalla gate, the Asgard power systems took over and maintained the connection.
                He built a ZPEH (Zero Point Energy Harnesser), a low-tech ZPM.
                Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                  He built a ZPEH (Zero Point Energy Harnesser), a low-tech ZPM.
                  How do you know that? Was that in a future episode or something?
                  Last edited by GatetheWay; 24 February 2005, 10:22 AM.

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by GatetheWay
                    How do you know that? Was that in a future episode or something?
                    He had the knowledge of the ancients in his head. ZPE machines require a power source to work. If the power source runs out, the ZPE machine stops working.

It was just a guess, but couldn't it be possible? It made sense to me.
                    Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

What are you talking abut? "The power source running out" WHAT? you do no what ZPE is dont you, And no he didnt make a ZPM or anything to do with zpe he just modified the naquada cell to enhance it, like the Mach 2 naquadah generatrs
                      Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                      McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                        What are you talking abut? "The power source running out" WHAT? you do no what ZPE is dont you, And no he didnt make a ZPM or anything to do with zpe he just modified the naquada cell to enhance it, like the Mach 2 naquadah generatrs
                        Please. Don't start calling people ignorant in a post with flagrant spelling errors and virtually no proper grammar and punctuation. By the way, it's Mark 2...not Mach. They're not traveling twice the speed of sound with the thing.

And to think your country developed the language...
                        Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

I understand where you guy/gals got ZPM. But I have never hear ZPE or ZPEH mention in any of the episodes that I know of. So what episodes did they come from?

*Please just mention the episode and season, for I haven't seen all of 8 yet. Thank you.*

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                            I understand where you guy/gals got ZPM. But I have never hear ZPE or ZPEH mention in any of the episodes that I know of. So what episodes did they come from?

*Please just mention the episode and season, for I haven't seen all of 8 yet. Thank you.*

ZPEH was just some thing the poster made up...sort of...

ZPE= Zero Point Energy, which is energy pretty much sucked out of nothing, and theoretically is possible. This Wikipedia Article explains it much better than I could.

It should be noted, that Zero Point Module would pretty much be this ZPEH(Zero Point Energy Harnesser), as it harnesses zero point energy.

It should also be noted that the ZPM's dont really "deplete" as some characters have taken to saying, they reach maximum entropy, which pretty much means they were used too much and are all broken on the inside.
                            FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Actually, they might not even need the little naquedah generator O'Neill built to power the gate to earth since we've seen the Asgard open the gate to their galaxy using a little device on their hand.

Comment

Working...
                              X