X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Galaxy Quest - The Series

Amazon is making a Galaxy Quest Series.

http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/gala...on-1201579636/

I hope they get the entire cast back and that they have a good script. OHHH how wonderful it could be.

I don't see a main cast return. Tim Allen for one has his own TV show at the moment. Can't see him doing two.
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

I honestly feel like they could do it without Tim Allen, but don't forget it is an Amazon show. They could easily work around his other show's shooting schedule. They don't always premier their shows when network shows premier shows. Plus we're likely talking six to eight episodes, so it shouldn't be that big a deal. More likely it will come down to what it always comes down to, money. However, I feel they wouldn't make the announcement unless they already had things lined up the way they want them.

Comment

Its just one example. The other original actors could be busy with other projects as well. I know from experience this announcement only mean a greenlight and they haven't even started casting yet. I wouldn't be surprised if everyone is recast
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Last Man Standing wasn't a lock for renewal last season, but it did get renewed. It may not get another one after the upcoming season, so Allen might be available sooner.

Comment

They could make the tv series focus on a "The next generation" type show, that way they could still use the actors from the original movie for guest appearances while being able to cast a whole new (and cheaper) crew.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
              They could make the tv series focus on a "The next generation" type show, that way they could still use the actors from the original movie for guest appearances while being able to cast a whole new (and cheaper) crew.
              I think this likely.

Comment

Comedy an scifi is very hit or missed with me. I enjoyed the film but a whole series, not so sure.

Comment

Is there any word yet on the plot ?

Will this follow the film as a sequel or "reboot" it and expand the story over more hours?

Or will they be making a 18980 retro Galaxy Quest TV series that we saw pieces of in the film?

Comment

Someone setup an IMDB page, but there is not much to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4624606/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I am a bit surprised it has been announced with so few details available. I would think Amazon would not want it out there until things were more in place. I guess it is still in the very early stages. I mean we did just get the news the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Looney View Post
                      Someone setup an IMDB page, but there is not much to it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4624606/?ref_=nv_sr_2

I am a bit surprised it has been announced with so few details available. I would think Amazon would not want it out there until things were more in place. I guess it is still in the very early stages. I mean we did just get the news the other day.
                      That isn't unusual. Marvel announced the four Netflix series before any of them were developed and Iron Fist is even getting off the ground.

Comment

I feel it wouldn't be same with out Alan rickman, who I imagine has been things to do then be in a tv show.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by blueray View Post
                          I feel it wouldn't be same with out Alan rickman, who I imagine has been things to do then be in a tv show.
                          There was time when actors look down on TV, but those days are gone.

Comment

Working...
                          X