Marvel's Most Wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Marvel's Most Wanted

Marvel’s Mockingbird Series Starring Adrianne Palicki Lands ABC Pilot Order (EXCLUSIVE)

Despite putting a halt on the “Marvel’s Agents of SHIELD” spinoff, which was proposed earlier this year, ABC is closing in on a deal to order a pilot for a project centered around Mockingbird, Variety has learned exclusively.

Titled “Marvel’s Most Wanted,” the drama will focus on popular “SHIELD” characters Adrianne Palicki‘s Bobbi Morse (also known as Mockingbird) and Nick Blood’s Lance Hunter. The two actors will topline the pilot and prospective series.

“SHIELD” producers Jeffrey Bell and Paul Zbyszewski co-created the project for Marvel and ABC Studios, co-writing the pilot. They will serve as showrunners and exec producers together with Marvel’s head of television Jeph Loeb also exec producing.

Insiders say the series is not a spinoff, per se, but rather an entirely new project solely focused on the two characters to continue their story. Though plot details are scarce at this point, “Marvel’s Most Wanted” will follow the pair and their adventures together.

At this time, ABC has not made any decisions regarding premiere date or a path of introduction, such as introducing the new show as a planted episode during “SHIELD.”

An “Agents of SHIELD” offshoot was originally reported in April, but was soonafter shot down with the network deciding not to move forward. However, during New York Upfronts this spring, ABC president Paul Lee alluded to the possibility of the series being resurrected, teasing, “It certainly is a possibility of spinning them off.”

Lee added that “SHIELD” had hit its creative strive, suggesting that the net didn’t want to mess around with a formula that was working — which includes Palicki and Blood’s storylines. “We absolutely love those characters on ‘SHIELD,'” he said, at the time.

But with “SHIELD” coming back for Season 3, in addition to “Agent Carter” returning for Season 2, there’s still a large Marvel appetite at ABC. Also in the works at the network, is a top-secret Marvel project helmed by “American Crime” creator John Ridley.

(Source)
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I saw this mentioned elsewhere. Interesting. So since it might seem to run concurrent with AoS, does that then mean both Bobbi and hunter won't be returning FOR AoS?

Comment

My guess is it would probably be a mid-season show, aired once AOS wraps up its season that way you have

Agents of Shield (September-December)
      Agent Carter (January-February)
      Agents of Shield (March-May)
      Marvels Most Wanted (June-August)

And That's not including the Netflix shows

Im not sure how I feel about this show, I didn't hate Adrienne Palicki as Mockingbird, but I didn't really like her as Mockingbird either ya know? just didn't feel it, I did however like Lance Hunter, so I hope that it doesn't take him away from Agents of Shield
      Last Movie Watched
      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
      Life is Strange

Comment

I'm not sure if I'm all that excited about it. I like them in AoS but could they really handle their own show. I feel like they play of the other characters so well. But I guess I'll see how the pilot is. I believe that they are at least going to be in the first half of season 3.
        sigpic

Comment

This sounds promising. I enjoy Lance and Bobbi can carry her own. I await it with reserved caution. Mainly because I am starting to get weary with how much the MCU is starting to get spread thin.
          By Nolamom
          sigpic

Comment

I don't really want this unless it becomes exclusively a summer show, with short seasons like Agent Carter.

I don't really want the team to lose Bobbi and Lance as I felt their addition was a good move, and taking them away will hurt the show. But since they are moving towards a show centered more around the Secret Warriors it could be a good move to continue the old themes of Agents of Shield in this new show.

I don't know..
            sigpic

Comment

Well after teasing this one, backing out, getting back in, getting so back in that SHIELD wrote Bobbi & Hunter out of the series...ABC has backed out again.
              "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

And Agent Carter was cancelled. So the TV universe will remain with AoS, the netflix shows, Damage Control, and Cloak and Dagger for now.

A shame.
                sigpic

Comment

So will they try to bring back hunter/bobbi now?

Comment

I was surprised when I saw this. They better bring them back.
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X