Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just completed my Dr.Who Classic DVD collection. 1 question...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just completed my Dr.Who Classic DVD collection. 1 question...

*jumps around the room doing back flips and woo hoo-ing as gets back from mail box with package containing last dvds needed* It took a while but now I Gotz em all. Well all those that are available. Had to dip into the Region 2/British versions to complete it because well to be honest I didn't feel like paying $100 bucks for Ghost Light. But I digress my one question is about the Region 2/British versions.

... Why aren't the episodes # like the Region 1/US versions are?
    I like Sharky
    sigpic

In what way...?

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

On the back of the cases they are # 1, 2 3, etc. I haven't seen anything like that on the British cases.
      I like Sharky
      sigpic

Comment

I'm sorry... I still don't understand.

"Five Rounds Rapid"

sigpic

Comment

It's the story number. 'An Unearthly Child' is #001, 'The Daleks' is #002, etc. It's on the back of all the R1 releases; I had no idea it was absent from the R2 releases.
          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

The Region 4 DVDs/artworks are basically the same, so here in Oz, I had no idea what Fly was talking about either!

In terms of the VHS era, I imagine they never released stories with "episode numbering" because they started very sporadically, quite possibly with no intention of releasing every episode (?? my supposition only). So to label them would imply that you could buy the complete set - yet there was never a plan to release them in order, which would thus cause a lot of confusion.

First VHS release - Revenge of the Cybermen
            (Chosen apparently by vote taken at Longleat Exhibit. Tomb of the Cybermen was No1, but at that point did not exist)

Also, as WHO was traditionally a serialised show perhaps, even in fan circles I've never heard people say - Oh wasn't 21.6 a great story?! You simply address it by name... (It's only been since having every ep on my cloud that I've followed a naming convention that included numbering the stories - so they will appear in the correct order... because of course using the Production Codes would not result in the broadcast order... and probably confuse most Operating System's sort routines.)

The anal retentive/Asperger's guy inside me is however slightly envious... :}
            back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
            "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
            "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
            and lots more!

Comment

Working...
            X