• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Episode 8

Visit the Episode GuideDARK MATTER - SEASON ONE
    EPISODE 8
    EPISODE NUMBER - 108
    When the Raza docks at a space station for repairs and supplies, Six makes use of a transport technology to seek revenge on the man who implicated him in a mass casualty event. One receives his own revelation when he and Four go after him.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 05 August 2015, 04:21 PM.

Interesting episode. I was more interested in what we found out about #1 and who he really is: an heir to a fortune and a widower. Marcus (#3) is linked to the death of 1's wife (he's probably being framed). Should be interesting to see how this plays out.

I found it interesting that #2 was so hyped up about trust when she herself is hiding some truth from the others - for one thing, she hasn't let them know that her neck injury is completely healed and has been for quite awhile now. And the android implied that #2 knew more about herself than she was letting on, and hadn't told the others (at least was my impression).
    Last edited by hedwig; 01 August 2015, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Star Wars 36 a classic. I can dig it

Comment

Well, damn. This was definitely my favorite episode.

Finally, we start to see who One really is, and he didn't annoy me this time. I liked seeing him interact more with Four instead of Two and Three, and I also liked Four's little talk with Three in the beginning. I'm glad they didn't completely gloss over Three's loss from the last episode; it actually had an impact on him, and it's good to see his character changing.

Six making headway with his story is also great, and it's even better that the others have become involved with it, leading to One confessing to everyone and Two trying to improve team dynamics. Again, I love Two as the leader.

Of course, as hedwig points out, Two is probably the most mysterious of the bunch now, so whatever she's hiding, which could be way bigger than what she might even think, will probably be another bombshell later.

Love the scenes with the Android. She really is like another passenger on the ship having to deal with the drama of people living in close quarters. Five hugging her was really sweet, and I was definitely surprised she knew about Two's condition.

Four looks like he's going to have some crap to deal with soon. Hopefully that happens next ep.

And, of course, Three accused of killing One's wife was probably the best ending yet. That... Yeah, did not see that coming. And just when they were starting to get along.
        Last edited by Janet Fraiser; 01 August 2015, 01:59 PM.
        rest easy now

sigpic

everything will be all right

// tumblr //

Comment

Surprisingly this was a good episode!
          Last edited by pakar; 01 August 2015, 12:40 PM.

Comment

2 is now my prime suspect for the memory wipe.

Comment

Originally posted by knowles2 View Post
              2 is now my prime suspect for the memory wipe.
              I'd like it if that were true.
              rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

#2 is now the only one we don't know much about, which makes her the likeliest suspect for wiping memories. I'm still not quite clear, though, on what #5's background is, except that she was apparently an orphan who was a thief and knew a lot of mechanical stuff.

Comment

They need to have more episodes where they get off the ship and interact with other people. Loved everything with Six. One and Four were pretty entertaining together. The scene with Five and the Android was nice. Overall, I really liked this episode a lot.
                  sigpic

Comment

Nice to see the positive response to this episode.

Originally posted by VampyreWraith View Post
                    They need to have more episodes where they get off the ship and interact with other people. Loved everything with Six. One and Four were pretty entertaining together. The scene with Five and the Android was nice. Overall, I really liked this episode a lot.
                    This exactly. The mystery of the ship was fine in the beginning, but there are only so many boxes they can open that will change their lives.
                    rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

I agree, but I think the whole purpose of these early episodes is to show them interacting with eachother, mainly in how they try not to strangle each other.

My only question is, how will this continue into a second season. There really isn't much else out there in the show, entertaining as it may be.
                      Last edited by Gen. Chris; 02 August 2015, 07:40 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

this one was better

writing aside, i know it's a tv cable budget but the cheapness of the production design is distracting to the extreme when they show this space station establishing shot and then cut to the interior of some barely-redressed shopping mall. maybe it's the best they could afford but those scenes legitimately look like a student project

Comment

Originally posted by AutumnDream View Post
                          this one was better

writing aside, i know it's a tv cable budget but the cheapness of the production design is distracting to the extreme when they show this space station establishing shot and then cut to the interior of some barely-redressed shopping mall. maybe it's the best they could afford but those scenes legitimately look like a student project
                          Lol that did look really out of place, especially after the last station they visited.
                          rest easy now

sigpic

// tumblr //

Comment

My favourite scenes

The we're a couple scene for the discount
                            5 and the android in the infirmary
                            Star Wars 36, i think 5 said it was in full VR so it must be like Star Trek's holodecks
                            4 punching 1 and seeing 1's real face
                            6 persuading the employee to let him go back in 30 minutes early
                            4 and 1 saying the same thing that 6 said to the employee

The fur is going to fly between 1 and 3

Comment

This cloning tech is gonna get out of control very fast. Just trying to keep track of what each char should actually remember vs. what we've seen them and their clones doing is gonna be a mess. (Unless the clone returns alive to the cloning office, the memories from the clone aren't transferred back to the original.)

Then there's question of why exactly Two insisted everyone gets off the ship and goes on the station. Since the Android was still repairing itself, the Raza was effectively unguarded (remember how on the previous station real Corso casually walked in on the ship?).
                              And speaking of security, why doesn't there seem to be any? Wanted criminals have been visiting space stations with barely any repercussions. The supposedly powerful corporations that rule the universe are nowhere to be seen.

The worldbuilding overall is pretty terrible in Dark Matter (then there's the sets that don't help either).
                              Last edited by TOIVA; 05 August 2015, 04:17 PM. Reason: typo

Comment

Working...
                              X