Region 2 DVD Stargate Atlantis news - Vol 2

From DVD Answers:

http://www.dvdanswers.com/index.php?r=0&s=1&c=5889

Title: Stargate: Atlantis - Volume Two
    Starring: Joe Flannigan
    Released: 11th April 2005
    SRP: £19.99

Further Details

MGM has announced the release of the second volume of Stargate: Atlantis, which will arrive on the 11th of April. The disc will feature an anamorphic widescreen (1.78:1) transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 audio, a ‘Diary of Rainbow Sun Francks’ featurette, an ‘Atlantis Mission Directive: The Strom/The Eye’ featurette, and a production design and photo gallery. Episodes featured on this release are ‘Suspicion, ‘Childhood’s End’, ‘Poisoning the Well’, and ‘Home’. You can expect to pay around £19.99 for the disc when it arrives.

(The site doesn't have the artwork yet, but does offer a selection of menus.)

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
    http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
    http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
    SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
    Morjana's Blog Twitter

Thanks for this, I always like to look out for the new DVDs and their designs.

On the menu for the episodes - it has Home on. Now in the UK and America Underground aired before Home. The list of episodes on the menu was the original idea of which order the episodes aired but they changed it due to the fact The Storm had the Genii in and the two episodes with the Genii were to close.

Wonder if that will get changed or will Home appear on the second disc. We'll just have to wait and see. Bookmarked that page to check for cover art, wonder if it'll be like the German DVDs with a different team member on the cover.

Comment

OOOOO! To slow again! I already posted about this in the DVD thread I started, felt it was unnessecary to start another thread about the same topic (upcoming R2 DVDs).

Come on morjana! Keep up! Keep up!

+rep for morjana, Thanks for making me look awesome! lol (you'll get this when I can give you more rep)

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
      [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

No word about commentaries...
        Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

Originally posted by Ugly Pig
          No word about commentaries...
          On Play.com for the second disc, they have listed on special features:

Atlantis Mission Directive: The Defiant One - a diary of Rainbow Sun Francks

Sounds interesting.

Comment

It's no audio commentary though.
            Twitter / YouTube / Twitch

Comment

They don't mention audio commentaries for the SG-1 season 8 dvd's either. And they've always had them - well since S4.

I sure hope the busy schedule of producing two series doesn't mean they don't have time to do the commentaries anymore. Those are the main reason I buy the dvd's.
              Life is hard...and it's harder if you're stupid

Comment

Originally posted by Kes
                They don't mention audio commentaries for the SG-1 season 8 dvd's either. And they've always had them - well since S4.

I sure hope the busy schedule of producing two series doesn't mean they don't have time to do the commentaries anymore. Those are the main reason I buy the dvd's.
                They would have time I think - I mean they have enough main cast characters and producers - directors - story writers to produce commentaries on them. They might just have maybe two episodes with commentaries on each disc but we'll just see once Season 8's first DVD is released on the 28th.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                  OOOOO! To slow again! I already posted about this in the DVD thread I started, felt it was unnessecary to start another thread about the same topic (upcoming R2 DVDs).

Come on morjana! Keep up! Keep up!

+rep for morjana, Thanks for making me look awesome! lol (you'll get this when I can give you more rep)

Well, sugar, foiled again!

:-D

Morjana

SG1/SGA/SGU - Saving Earth/Atlantis/?, one mission at a time!
                  SG1-Spoilergate Richard Dean Anderson Fans Abydos Gate Morjana
                  Morjana's Blog Twitter

Comment

I presume that season 1 of Atlantis and season 8 of SG1 will have 5 DVDs instead of the 6 we usually have?

Also, does anyone know if season 7 will follow the same box set design as season 6? Why did they drop the previous design (s1-5)? I liked it, but now s6 looks out of place...

Comment

Yes Season 7 uses the Season 6 Design...but its Green

Season 1 of Atlantis will have 5 DVDs
                      However Season 8 of SG1 will have 6 because of the extra long Threads. We arent sure how the DVDs will be sorted yet but I think it'll be like this:

Vol 41:
                      It's Good To Be King
                      Full Alert
                      Citizen Joe

Vol 42:
                      Reckoning (Both Parts, maybe combined)
                      Threads (90 Min)

Vol 43:
                      Moebius (both Parts, possibly combined)
                      Last edited by Serebii; 22 February 2005, 01:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Serebii
                        Yes Season 7 uses the Season 6 Design...but its Green

Season 1 of Atlantis will have 5 DVDs
                        However Season 8 of SG1 will have 6 because of the extra long Threads. We arent sure how the DVDs will be sorted yet but I think it'll be like this:

Vol 41:
                        It's Good To Be King
                        Full Alert
                        Citizen Joe

Vol 42:
                        Reckoning (Both Parts, maybe combined)
                        Threads (90 Min)

Vol 43:
                        Moebius (both Parts, possibly combined)
                        I think it will be that order - someone was saying on another topic that they go in order of air appearance. And as Reckoning - Threads - Moebius all tie in together its right that they are the last 5 episodes.

Comment

Exactly and it would be illogical for them to put Reckoning Part One on one disk and part two on another...well it'ld anger me anyway as I dont wanna change the disk

Comment

It doesn't make any sense to me that they should need a full extra DVD for SG-1 season 8 just because Threads is 1.5 as long as a normal episode. They have so much space left on those DVDs for extras, I'm sure they could easily put Reckoning part 2, Threads, Moebius 1 & 2 on the fifth DVD.

Actually, at play.com they list the episodes in this order (and season 8 is only five discs, not six)

Volume 42 (eps 17-20): Threads / Citizen Joe / Moebius (1) / Moebius (2)

So that'd mean they put Citizen Joe on 42 so that Reckoning I & II are both on 41.

Comment

Originally posted by Dallista
                              It doesn't make any sense to me that they should need a full extra DVD for SG-1 season 8 just because Threads is 1.5 as long as a normal episode. They have so much space left on those DVDs for extras, I'm sure they could easily put Reckoning part 2, Threads, Moebius 1 & 2 on the fifth DVD.

Actually, at play.com they list the episodes in this order (and season 8 is only five discs, not six)

Volume 42 (eps 17-20): Threads / Citizen Joe / Moebius (1) / Moebius (2)

So that'd mean they put Citizen Joe on 42 so that Reckoning I & II are both on 41.
                              Play.com haven't updated the listings as of yet - once they have confirmation they'll prob change that around as that order was the original thoughts of the air order.

I think they want to have Moebius 1 and 2 on a new disc as its the season finale and they'll have loads of extras for that episode, maybe fit the new Lowdown programme they hasn't aired in the UK that Sci-fi got.

Comment

Working...
                              X