Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiderman Cast!

http://cultfix.co.uk/official-tom-ho...-man-29460.htm
    Tom Holland is your new Spiderman ladies and gentlemen!

Thoughts?

Just one.
    WHY? Were the 2 Amazing spidermans they released in 2012 and last year THAT BAD, they need to reboot it yet again?

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      Just one.
      WHY? Were the 2 Amazing spidermans they released in 2012 and last year THAT BAD, they need to reboot it yet again?
      No. But since they are bringing him into the MCU it wouldn't make sense to keep Garfield's story unless they retconned the years he has been active, otherwise he surely would have participated in the Battle of New York, or it would have been mentioned in passing (like in Daredevil).

I'm mad we won't get to see the conclusion of Garfield's Spiderman, but at least Spiderman is now home in the MCU
      sigpic

Comment

Yeah, its a shame we wont see the resolution to that storyline. Guessing that means no Sinister Six movie either?

Comment

I don't care what silly excuse they use, there is no justification whatsoever for yet another Spiderman reboot.

What is this, the 3rd or 4th one in recent history?

Comment

Why? They just did a remake series which I didn't understand why it was made in the first place. I personally prefer the Tony McGuire ones as they are much better movies. And was a good trilogy. They clearly are running out of ideas.
            sigpic

Comment

...Again, because they just reacquired the property. It wouldn't make sense to continue using the universe established by Garfield's Spiderman, and as one of Marvel's flagship characters they have been wanting him back forever

Sure, reboots suck, but in this case it makes sense.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I don't care what silly excuse they use, there is no justification whatsoever for yet another Spiderman reboot.

What is this, the 3rd or 4th one in recent history?
                Well, according to IMDB, there was a spidy film in the 80s, then the 3 Maguire ones, the 2 Garfield ones.. now this.

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                  ...Again, because they just reacquired the property. It wouldn't make sense to continue using the universe established by Garfield's Spiderman, and as one of Marvel's flagship characters they have been wanting him back forever

Sure, reboots suck, but in this case it makes sense.
                  As I understand it, Marvel hasn't reacquired the property, Sony still holds the film rights. Marvel has simply made a deal with Sony (much like the deal they already have with Universal regarding Hulk) to be able to use Spidey in MCU films; Sony is still firmly in the driver's seat when it comes to solo Spidey films, it's just that now they're working hand in hand with Marvel Studios so that Sony's solo films and all made-in-house Marvel Studios films (like Civil War) are consistent with one another across the shared universe. So yeah, in order to have a fully MCU-compliant Spidey, a reboot had to happen. *shrugs*
                  (This is legal notice that any attempt to censor or delete, for the purpose of oppressing fair and open discussion, any statement made by me will be considered a violation of my right to free speech as guaranteed by the First Amendment of the United States Constitution, and will be dealt with in accordance with federal law.)
                  Sparky is on screen. Therefore, it is canon. Elizabeth is still out there. And John WILL bring her home.

Comment

Working...
                  X