PDA

View Full Version : Marvel's Daredevil: Live Rewatch/Appreciation.(SPOILERS through S1)

Pages : [1] 2

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 05:54 AM
Okay, so for those who want to join in, a few of us are planning to have a live re-watch and discussion/chat of Season 1 of Marvel's Daredevil (seeing as we all binge-watched it at different times and so missed out on the usual weekly chat and squeeing of a weekly season).

We're planning to start with Episode 1 at 9pm (GMT) on Monday 1 June. :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 06:55 AM
Okay, so for those who want to join in, a few of us are planning to have a live re-watch and discussion/chat of Season 1 of Marvel's Daredevil (seeing as we all binge-watched it at different times and so missed out on the usual weekly chat and squeeing of a weekly season).

We're planning to start with Episode 1 at 9pm (GMT) on Monday 1 June. :)

I am looking forward to it :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 07:34 AM
I'm in :) x

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
Ok folks. Hitting play.... now!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:01 PM
I'm here

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:02 PM
Here!

Alipeeps
I rather love the sound effects in this opening scene. The way the sound echoes and moves around so it seems sort of surreal...

Sheppard's Delight
I'm not ready yet will be a few mins

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:03 PM
OK. I'll pause and wait for ya. Lemme know when you're ready. :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:04 PM
Oops! I hit play already. Will pause. :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:06 PM
Play pressed hehe

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:07 PM
Lemme know when u get to confessional scene and I'll restart. :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:08 PM
Yes I have

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:09 PM
Love the way Matt blasphemes in the confessional and Father Lantom is just "Language..." :lol:

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:10 PM
I love the little tear and of course the lip licking !!

Linzi
Totally ADORE the confessional. Love Matt's voice. I love his little laughs, and the tear rolling down his cheek. This is the part where I sort of fell in love with the character!

Alipeeps
I have to say, overall, this first episode is just SUCH a good introduction to who and what Matt/Daredevil is. From his past, to his present, to what he becomes and why. It has a lot of "scene setting" to do, and it does it perfectly. :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:11 PM
Totally ADORE the confessional. Love Matt's voice. I love his little laughs, and the tear rolling down his cheek. This is the part where I sort of fell in love with the character!

Yes. The way his eyes *glisten* even in the low light and you can see the emotion in his face.

Linzi
To quote Matt, Jesus! I totally forgot you can't like posts here! LOL!

Alipeeps
To quote Matt, Jesus! I totally forgot you can't like posts here! LOL!

:lol:

Linzi
Yes. The way his eyes *glisten* even in the low light and you can see the emotion in his face.

Yep. He just sort of stole my heart here! :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:12 PM
Love the way Matt blasphemes in the confessional and Father Lantom is just "Language..." :lol:

Lol!!!

Silly man sitting in the chair while everything goes on around him

Alipeeps
Aahhh! I forgot that typing lol with : around it on here actually posts a smilie! Even years later I still typing lol that way online, just out of habit! :D

Linzi

It's all coming back to me now!:D

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:13 PM
I loooove the fight scenes in this show. Even the sound effects are perfect.. the brutal, solid THUD sound as blows connect.

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:13 PM
Aahhh! I forgot that typing lol with : around it on here actually posts a smilie! Even years later I still typing lol that way online, just out of habit! :D

I know! I'm so used to FB that I can't quite cope with this!:lol:

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:14 PM
This first fight scene totally introduces us to what Matt can do... the way he listens, cocks his head and responds to what he hears etc, and the athletic way he can shimmy up freaking cargo containers etc.

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:15 PM
The title sequence is so freaking beautiful.

Linzi
I loooove the fight scenes in this show. Even the sound effects are perfect.. the brutal, solid THUD sound as blows connect.

You know. I totally adore the fight scenes. They're as realistic as fictional ones can be, IMO. I also LOVE DD's fighting style! I ADORE the bit where he sort of parkours up the metal crate things!

Alipeeps
Oooh sleepy, groggy Matt. :)

Linzi
Lol!!!

Silly man sitting in the chair while everything goes on around him

Sheppard's Delight
I have to say, overall, this first episode is just SUCH a good introduction to who and what Matt/Daredevil is. From his past, to his present, to what he becomes and why. It has a lot of "scene setting" to do, and it does it perfectly. :)
The flashbacks are not overdone which is good. You just get enough of the past

Love that within a few minutes he is shirtless! If you didn't fall in love with him before the opening credits you did now !!!

Alipeeps
I love how this scene also completely and succinctly summarises Matt and Foggy's whole friendship. :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:16 PM
I pretty much fell in love with Foggy's character (adorkable love, not phwoooar! love) in that phone call with Matt. :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:17 PM
Oooh sleepy, groggy Matt. :)

:hallowed: Just had to post that!
I really love it when he answers Foggy, who asks how it was and he wryly replies, "Violent!"

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:18 PM

Love that within a few minutes he is shirtless! If you didn't fall in love with him before the opening credits you did now !!!

Good grief! You haven't changed then, have you? The shirtless bit, I mean! Totally agree on everything you say . . .

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:18 PM

One thing we must be grateful for is the quite astonishing amounts of not only whump but also of shirtless Matt this show gives us. :D

Heee. I kinda love Matt being "blind" and making blind jokes ("he can have the view") and pretending he can't tell someone is holding out their hand to shake etc.

And Foggy rolling his eyes as Matt charms the real estate agent. ;)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:19 PM
This is the only bit of the show/this episode that I find a bit clunky... where they randomly explain to the real estate agent how they want to run their law practice. It's necessary exposition that they had to get in somehow but it feels forced to me.

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:20 PM
I freaking loooooove Matt and Foggy in this scene.

"I'm Matt. He's Foggy." and the way they banter with each other in front of Karen. And when they check their watches! :lol:

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:22 PM
Dammit. It should be illegal for someone to be that pretty. ;)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:23 PM
I love the slightly blurred edges/soft focus effect they do, and echoey sounds, to show that Matt is using his super-hearing.

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:24 PM
Isn't Wesley such an awesome character? So calm and calculating and evil... but oddly charming too.

Did you know Toby Leonard Moore (who plays him) has joined tumblr? :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:24 PM
I love him when he is being the big professional - he is so calming and convincing who wouldn't want him to act for you? Being hot helps too

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:25 PM
I'm talking to myself here.... :/

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:26 PM
I love him when he is being the big professional - he is so calming and convincing who wouldn't want him to act for you? Being hot helps too

I love how, throughout the series, even though he and Foggy are a partnership, you see Matt is very much the one in control, the one making the decisions and the rules. And Foggy, and Karen, just naturally defer to him.

Sheppard's Delight
Isn't Wesley such an awesome character? So calm and calculating and evil... but oddly charming too.

He is an extremely likeable 'bad guy'

Alipeeps
Oooh Matt in shirt sleeves and standing with his hands on his hips. Eep. :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:29 PM
I dunno if it's just when he's doing his American accent for this show, but Charlie Cox has the most amazing voice, there's like a ridiculously rough, low undertone to it... like his voice is coming from low in this throat.

I love it. :D

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:30 PM
I love it when the cop threatens Matt and he just sits there, doesn't even react, and I always imagine that he's feeling supremely confident in the face of such a threat, thinking to himself that he could beat the **** out of this jerk with just his pinky. :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
Whoops. Forgot about the swear filter! :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:31 PM
I seriously ADORE the whump. It's like a gift . . .
I also really like Matt's professionalism as a lawyer. He just has the gravitas he needs to persuade me I'd want him to be my lawyer if I'd been arrested for murder. Um, well, yeah, the fact that he's smart, hot and charming helps too! ;)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:32 PM
Whoops. Forgot about the swear filter! :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:33 PM
I love it when the cop threatens Matt and he just sits there, doesn't even react, and I always imagine that he's feeling supremely confident in the face of such a threat, thinking to himself that he could beat the **** out of this jerk with just his pinky. :)

I LOVE that bit. It's like he just doesn't care and Foggy is annoyed on his behalf and Matt is like . . whatever! ;) :O

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM

No!! I didn't know that. I wasn't aware he was Australian until I saw an interview with him. Great character. Really think he adds a lot to the show.

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:34 PM
Heeheee Linzi, I'm looking at your signature image and thinking that all Matt's missing is the dog tags. :D

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:35 PM
I seriously ADORE the whump. It's like a gift . . .
I also really like Matt's professionalism as a lawyer. He just has the gravitas he needs to persuade me I'd want him to be my lawyer if I'd been arrested for murder. Um, well, yeah, the fact that he's smart, hot and charming helps too! ;)
Oh I love the bit coming up as you know where she asks if he misses being able to see

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:35 PM
I do like Karen in this. She really convinced me she was innocent and I like her story.

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Oh me too. "I'd give anything to see the sky again." Sobs . . . :(

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:36 PM
Love how it doesn't even occur to Matt at first that the lights are off (just shows how often he brings anyone to his place).

One of the things I love about Daredevil being PG-16 too is that they can have casual swearing where, in real life, people totally would swear. Like Karen's "holy ****!" at the billboard.

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:37 PM
Heeheee Linzi, I'm looking at your signature image and thinking that all Matt's missing is the dog tags. :D

Haha! He's also missing the chest hair! Poor Charlie. Waxing is sooo painful! :lol:

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:38 PM
I love it when he takes his glasses off - he is so sweet

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:39 PM
Love how it doesn't even occur to Matt at first that the lights are off (just shows how often he brings anyone to his place).

One of the things I love about Daredevil being PG-16 too is that they can have casual swearing where, in real life, people totally would swear. Like Karen's "holy ****!" at the billboard.

Oh me too! So flippin' fed up with no realistic language in shows! Or violence. If people get hit, stabbed etc - THEY BLEED! That has nothing to do with my whump love, either!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:39 PM
One thing I've noticed in this show, and that I find interesting, is when Matt wears his glasses. He pretty much wears them all the time except around Foggy and Claire. Even as the show progresses and Karen becomes part of the team etc, he still wears his glasses around her. In fact, there's two scenes where he's not wearing them and Karen comes in and he immediately puts his glasses on.

The exception is in this scene in this first episode where he takes his glasses off to talk to her about his loss of vision etc... and I love that because it's clearly a deliberate move on his part to instill confidence, to make her feel connected and trusted. It's intimate and he knows that.

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:40 PM
I love it when he takes his glasses off - he is so sweet

I love it when he takes his shirt off more! :P

Sheppard's Delight
Haha! He's also missing the chest hair! Poor Charlie. Waxing is sooo painful! :lol:

Now that's whump in real life !!

Alipeeps

I gotta admit (sorry Charlie!) that I'm glad. I'm really not into hairy men! :lol:

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:41 PM
I love it when he takes his shirt off more! :P

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:41 PM
One thing I've noticed in this show, and that I find interesting, is when Matt wears his glasses. He pretty much wears them all the time except around Foggy and Claire. Even as the show progresses and Karen becomes part of the team etc, he still wears his glasses around her. In fact, there's two scenes where he's not wearing them and Karen comes in and he immediately puts his glasses on.

The exception is in this scene in this first episode where he takes his glasses off to talk to her about his loss of vision etc... and I love that because it's clearly a deliberate move on his part to instill confidence, to make her feel connected and trusted. It's intimate and he knows that.

I noticed this too. I like it. CC really thinks about his character's motivations for things. It's the little things he does which make his performance so nuanced and impressive for me. :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:42 PM
Now that's whump in real life !!

No kidding!

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:42 PM
I gotta admit (sorry Charlie!) that I'm glad. I'm really not into hairy men! :lol:

I like hairy chests generally, but actually agree with you here. He looks great hairless on the chest! :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:43 PM
Another thing I love about this show is all the different languages and the fact that they use subtitles. That two non-English native-speakers speak to each other in their own language, as they freaking would in real life!

And also even the Russians being like, "FFS Owlesley, just because they both look asian doesn't mean they speak each other's languages!!" :lol:

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:43 PM

Awwww it is so intimate and I think CC is king of doing intimate scenes - the moments where he does have a one on one are so well played - he is so understated and little touches are brilliant

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:45 PM
Another thing I love about this show is all the different languages and the fact that they use subtitles. That two non-English native-speakers speak to each other in their own language, as they freaking would in real life!

And also even the Russians being like, "FFS Owlesley, just because they both look asian doesn't mean they speak each other's languages!!" :lol:
:lol: LOVE that line.
I LOVE the language aspect of the show. I also love that Vlad is played by the actor who plays Two-Dads in Sea Patrol. (If you don't know the show, please don't ask me why I have watched it. Sometimes I'll watch anything! :beckettanime09:)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:45 PM
I noticed this too. I like it. CC really thinks about his character's motivations for things. It's the little things he does which make his performance so nuanced and impressive for me. :)

Yes. I love how much work he has put into this part... the physical training, the accent and especially the blindness.

I did a whole post on tumblr about how he sits down/gets up from chairs and moves them as he does. It's just such a small, but very telling, thing that really sells the blindness.

Oooh and I love him all cuddled up on the sofa, pretending to sleep and the way he just opens his eyes as Karen sneaks out.

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:46 PM
I freaking LOVE this upcoming fight scene in the rain! It's ******* BEAUTIFUL... and so are Matt's abs in that skin-tight, rain-soaked top. :D :D :D :D

Linzi
Awwww it is so intimate and I think CC is king of doing intimate scenes - the moments where he does have a one on one are so well played - he is so understated and little touches are brilliant

Ditto. Sigh . . . .

Sheppard's Delight
He spends a lot of time in bed or on the sofa - not complaining

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:47 PM
I freaking LOVE this upcoming fight scene in the rain! It's ******* BEAUTIFUL... and so are Matt's abs in that skin-tight, rain-soaked top. :D :D :D :D

Me too. LOVE the bit where he's down and then puts his head up and it's all sort of film noire and very grey and black and then the blood from his bleeding lip gloops down and adds a shock of red to the scene. Such an iconic shot for me.

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:47 PM
So going to miss the black * sobs*

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:48 PM

Well, I'm certainly not complaining!!!!

Linzi

Me too :(

Alipeeps
This show is just so beautiful. The lighting, the cinematography, the sound effects. Just little moments like the way knife hitting the ground in slow motion, the sound echoing. Gah.

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:49 PM
This show is just so beautiful. The lighting, the cinematography, the sound effects. Just little moments like the way knife hitting the ground in slow motion, the sound echoing. Gah.

It's so atmospheric. It's also so beautiful to look at. Really carefully crafted. I am totally obsessed with this show!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:50 PM

No complaints here! :D

Me too. LOVE the bit where he's down and then puts his head up and it's all sort of film noire and very grey and black and then the blood from his bleeding lip gloops down and adds a shock of red to the scene. Such an iconic shot for me.

God, yes. It's beautiful. The slow drip of red blood. I've printed out a screencap of that image cos I badly want to do fanart of it. Also love the way he lifts himself up almost in a press-up position, balanced between hands and feet. It's ridiculously sexy. :D

Yup. I really don't like the red outfit. The black is so PERFECT for him and so flattering and just... guh...

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:51 PM
It's so atmospheric. It's also so beautiful to look at. Really carefully crafted. I am totally obsessed with this show!
I would never have guessed !!

Look at his cute bum in those wet pants !!!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:52 PM
The other fab thing about this show being PG-16 and it being a series, not a movie, is that the fight scenes/whump is realistic. Like, he gets TIRED when fighting, he staggers and slumps over, he's getting hit, as well as hitting, and it shows. As it freaking should!

And the whump is a natural consequence of the fight scenes. So many shows/movies just gloss over the whump - the hero is shot or stabbed or beaten and they grimace a bit, shake it off, and carry on as normal. No. Matt is a completely human man (super senses aside) getting into knock down, drag out fights and that has consequences. He takes DAMAGE.

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:53 PM
Where did she cook the food?

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:53 PM
Really? I thought I was being quite subtle about this. Indeed, my family aren't sick of my obesssion yet, so I can't be that obvious . . . yet!

Oh, sorry. I hadn't noticed that at all. ;)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:54 PM

Me too! :D

He seriously has got a freaking epic bum. :) Even the guy who plays Foggy has commented on how good Charlie's ass is! :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:55 PM

He seriously has got a freaking epic bum. :) Even the guy who plays Foggy has commented on how good Charlie's ass is! :D

I know! I laughed so much when I heard that. :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:55 PM

Also, it goes with the freaking epic rest of him! :D :D :D :D :D

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:56 PM
The other fab thing about this show being PG-16 and it being a series, not a movie, is that the fight scenes/whump is realistic. Like, he gets TIRED when fighting, he staggers and slumps over, he's getting hit, as well as hitting, and it shows. As it freaking should!

And the whump is a natural consequence of the fight scenes. So many shows/movies just gloss over the whump - the hero is shot or stabbed or beaten and they grimace a bit, shake it off, and carry on as normal. No. Matt is a completely human man (super senses aside) getting into knock down, drag out fights and that has consequences. He takes DAMAGE.

Yes in a lot of the fight scenes he looks totally exhausted and really struggling .

The whump continuity is absolutely the best ever

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:56 PM
I swear Charlie is some kind of human chameleon. His face can look SO different in this show... like his face there in the boxing gym, without his glasses, looks totally different to his "lawyer with glasses" face, which is again totally different to his "lying beaten and bloody on Claire's couch without glasses" face, which again is totally different to his "clean-shaven preppy student with glasses" face... etc etc etc...

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:57 PM

- This :)

Linzi
I swear Charlie is some kind of human chameleon. His face can look SO different in this show... like his face there in the boxing gym, without his glasses, looks totally different to his "lawyer with glasses" face, which is again totally different to his "lying beaten and bloody on Claire's couch without glasses" face, which again is totally different to his "clean-shaven preppy student with glasses" face... etc etc etc...

I know. I don't know how he does it!

Linzi
Yes in a lot of the fight scenes he looks totally exhausted and really struggling .

It really is. I've only found two issues so far and one you pointed out to me!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 12:58 PM
Also, it goes with the freaking epic rest of him! :D :D :D :D :D

You're not wrong. :D

I think I've mentioned before on tumblr that someone somewhere, probably in the continuity department, must have kept some kind of record of where and what injuries Matt has received over the course of the season, particularly the ones that were stitched/would leave scars, so that every time he's shirtless (:D) the appropriate make-up can be applied.

Apropos of nothing, I have a new career goal... ;)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 12:58 PM
Love the music when Matt is boxing and also LOVE him boxing!!!!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 12:59 PM

He does look totally different all of the time - I don't know how he does it but when needed he looks like a really tough guy and then a little puppy dog - it's weird

Linzi
You're not wrong. :D

I think I've mentioned before on tumblr that someone somewhere, probably in the continuity department, must have kept some kind of record of where and what injuries Matt has received over the course of the season, particularly the ones that were stitched/would leave scars, so that every time he's shirtless (:D) the appropriate make-up can be applied.

Apropos of nothing, I have a new career goal... ;)

Alipeeps

Oooh what's this? Tell me more...

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:00 PM

Ok that's not continuity as such just lazy filming?

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:01 PM
Love the music when Matt is boxing and also LOVE him boxing!!!!

Yet *another* thing Charlie has had to learn for this show. I love that he has put SO much work into this. He comes across as such a sweet puppy in real life but he has absolutely worked his (gorgeous) ass off to get this part just right. :)

He does look totally different all of the time - I don't know how he does it but when needed he looks like a really tough guy and then a little puppy dog - it's weird

So true! Perfect summation of his chameleon-like abilities. :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:02 PM
Oooh what's this? Tell me more...
Well, SheppyD is right. It's not continuity but lazy filming. One is in ep 2 on a close-up and the second is in ep, um, 11? Another close-up. Don't want to spoil here unless you don't mind? (I know you've obviously seen all the eps! :lol: )

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:03 PM
Yet *another* thing Charlie has had to learn for this show. I love that he has put SO much work into this. He comes across as such a sweet puppy in real life but he has absolutely worked his (gorgeous) ass off to get this part just right. :)

So true! Perfect summation of his chameleon-like abilities. :)

I always think he looks totally different in ep 2 in the whump scenes at the start than any other time - his face looks longer - probably due to his messed up hair

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:03 PM
So ladies, when are we going to do this again (this was awesome fun, btw!) for the epic whump-fest that is 1x02 Cut Man? Next Monday? Before?

We might have to plan the rewatch of that episode and actually schedule in times at which to pause the playback so we can squeeeeeeeeeee over the whump in detail without missing seeing the next bit of whump! :D :D :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:04 PM
Oops! Netflix has accidentally automatically gone straight on to ep 2 . . . Oh the hardship of watching that ep . . . ;):lol:

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:05 PM
Totally agree. When he wakes up confused on the sofa - I'm just a puddle of goo! :D

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:06 PM
So ladies, when are we going to do this again (this was awesome fun, btw!) for the epic whump-fest that is 1x02 Cut Man? Next Monday? Before?

We might have to plan the rewatch of that episode and actually schedule in times at which to pause the playback so we can squeeeeeeeeeee over the whump in detail without missing seeing the next bit of whump! :D :D :D

I'm away tomorrow and out Thursday this week and then out the following Tuesday and then away for two weeks at the end of that week

Alipeeps
Well, SheppyD is right. It's not continuity but lazy filming. One is in ep 2 on a close-up and the second is in ep, um, 11? Another close-up. Don't want to spoil here unless you don't mind? (I know you've obviously seen all the eps! :lol: )

Oooh go ahead and tell me, we've all seen them all (and the thread title has been changed to include a spoiler warning for the whole season - am guessing an admin did that?).

I always think he looks totally different in ep 2 in the whump scenes at the start than any other time - his face looks longer - probably due to his messed up hair

Yes! His face really looks different then. And even between scenes in that part of the episode too... his face when he gets up and staggers towards the kitchen (before he passes out) looks very different from his face when he's on the couch. I think it's maybe the lighting?

But yeah, the scenes where he's on the couch in ep 2, his face looks totally different than how it does any other time. I do think the mussed up hair must have something to do with it.

Linzi

I'm desperate to do this again ASAP! Have really enjoyed this tonight! Thanks, ladies! :) x

Sheppard's Delight
Oops! Netflix has accidentally automatically gone straight on to ep 2 . . . Oh the hardship of watching that ep . . . ;):lol:
Tart

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:07 PM

I'm away tomorrow and out Thursday this week and then out the following Tuesday and then away for two weeks at the end of that week

Shall we just carry straight on to ep 2 now then? ;)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Oooh go ahead and tell me, we've all seen them all (and the thread title has been changed to include a spoiler warning for the whole season - am guessing an admin did that?).

Yes! His face really looks different then. And even between scenes in that part of the episode too... his face when he gets up and staggers towards the kitchen (before he passes out) looks very different from his face when he's on the couch. I think it's maybe the lighting?

But yeah, the scenes where he's on the couch in ep 2, his face looks totally different than how it does any other time. I do think the mussed up hair must have something to do with it.

In ep 2, where Matt's lung collpases, Claire squirts iodine onto his chest, but nothing comes out of the bottle!
In ep 11(?) - There's a close-up of Claire re-stitching his wound and there are no sutures in the close-ups.

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:08 PM
Some of us are on it already! :D - ep 2, that is!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:09 PM

Yes the staggering scene - where does that face come from its so weird - I did wonder if he used the black out lenses he talked about in ep 2 maybe in the sofa too as something is very different

Linzi
I'm happy to carry on. :)

Alipeeps
Well d'you wanna restart it and we'll all watch together? If Sheppy's up for carrying on? ;)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:10 PM
Yes the staggering scene - where does that face come from its so weird - I did wonder if he used the black out lenses he talked about in ep 2 maybe in the sofa too as something is very different

Oh yes. You could well be right there!

Linzi
Well d'you wanna restart it and we'll all watch together? If Sheppy's up for carrying on? ;)

I'm happy to. SheppyD?

Sheppard's Delight
Can I make a cup of tea?

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM

Ooh actually, that's very possible because they shot ep 2 first and it was only for a few days that he tried the lenses, wasn't it? Plus I guess they had to have the lenses for the scene where she checks his pupil reactions...

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:12 PM
I'm happy to. SheppyD?

Can I make a cup of tea?

Awesome. Get yourself a brew love and lets go for the gusto!

*scans horizon* WHUMP AHOY, MATEYS!!! :D :D :D

Linzi
Can I make a cup of tea?

I just sent my husband off to do that for me. This watching of epic whump is exhausting! ;)

Linzi
Can I make a cup of tea?

What if I say no? ;)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:15 PM
What if I say no? ;)
Too late got one

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:16 PM
im ready

Linzi
I've pressed play. Just because I can't wait any more :lol:

Alipeeps
OKay, so are we ready to start ep 2?

Fingers on your remotes ladies...

(And can I suggest we pause after the passing out on the floor, after the "get some rest" and after "every version ends with me in handcuffs" to thoroughly squee before proceeding?)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:17 PM
OKay, so are we ready to start ep 2?

Fingers on your remotes ladies...

(And can I suggest we pause after the passing out on the floor, after the "get some rest" and after "every version ends with me in handcuffs" to thoroughly squee before proceeding?)

Sheppard's Delight
ive pressed - oh blood !!!

Linzi
Love the beginning of this. Just - GAH!!!!

Alipeeps
The way Matt's eyes roll sightlessly and he gasps for breath in that dumpster just about kills me.

If I hadn't already been completely hooked on this show, that scene alone would have done it for sure! :D

Linzi
ive pressed - oh blood !!!

Drippy blood!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:19 PM
Can I just say, I freaking LOVE Claire!

Also, Matt unconscious on the floor while Claire checks his injuries is just the most delicious frakking thing EVER!! :D

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:20 PM
Eeep! The way he groans as he rolls over! :D

Alipeeps
Ok. I'm paused. Let's discuss the whump so far IN DEPTH!! :D

Sheppard's Delight
i love the way he pulls the mask up - not sure why he exposes his eyes mind you but just doing this is really an effort

Love how gentle she is with his head

Love the blood!

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:21 PM
Can I just say, I freaking LOVE Claire!

Also, Matt unconscious on the floor while Claire checks his injuries is just the most delicious frakking thing EVER!! :D

Claire is my favourite female on the show. RD just is so believable and sincere and just really sounds convincing.

Alipeeps
Drippy blood!

Ahhh happy memories... :D

Linzi
i love the way he pulls the mask up - not sure why he exposes his eyes mind you but just doing this is really an effort

Love the blood!

Love the squidgy sound effects when she presses his stab wounds!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:22 PM
claire is a great character - I love the scenes they have together so realistic

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:23 PM
claire is a great character - I love the scenes they have together so realistic

I agree. Also, love how adorable Matt is when he's so vulnerable. Just had to say that! However, really don't enjoy Foggy's singing! EEEEK! :eek:

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:23 PM

Yes that is pretty cool

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:24 PM
Yes that is pretty cool

I think everything is cool on this show! Oooh Karen just said a word I can't print here beginning with 's'. Love that we get that realism without it being gratuitous language.

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:24 PM

Love the blood!

Yeah, I've always thought it was a bit odd that he would pull the mask up but I can fanwank that he was pretty darn out of it at that point.

I loooove how she lifts his head (and his hair is all tousled and blood-soaked!) and gently feels for head wounds.

Claire is my favourite female on the show. RD just is so believable and sincere and just really sounds convincing.

RD is frakking amazing in this role. And Claire is such a fab character. I love that she's strong and practical but also vulnerable, and sarcastic and whimsical, and that she is *honest* - she makes no bones about the fact that she likes Matt and fancies him but she's also sensible and refuses to let herself get involved with him.

And aside from all that, the character provides such a freaking amazing excuse/reason to have Matt injured (and shirtless!) and to actually see him getting treated for his wounds. We would not be able to have the whump that we have in this show if there wasn't a Claire to treat his wounds "off the books".

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:26 PM
Yeah, I've always thought it was a bit odd that he would pull the mask up but I can fanwank that he was pretty darn out of it at that point.

I loooove how she lifts his head (and his hair is all tousled and blood-soaked!) and gently feels for head wounds.

RD is frakking amazing in this role. And Claire is such a fab character. I love that she's strong and practical but also vulnerable, and sarcastic and whimsical, and that she is *honest* - she makes no bones about the fact that she likes Matt and fancies him but she's also sensible and refuses to let herself get involved with him.

And aside from all that, the character provides such a freaking amazing excuse/reason to have Matt injured (and shirtless!) and to actually see him getting treated for his wounds. We would not be able to have the whump that we have in this show if there wasn't a Claire to treat his wounds "off the books".

I agree with everything you say. I really hope Claire will be doing the same next season!!!

Alipeeps

Oooh my yes, the level of detail in this show is fantastic throughout! :D

I agree. Also, love how adorable Matt is when he's so vulnerable. Just had to say that! However, really don't enjoy Foggy's singing! EEEEK! :eek:

I think everything is cool on this show! Oooh Karen just said a word I can't print here beginning with 's'. Love that we get that realism without it being gratuitous language.

Oi!! Have you two not paused with me?!!

Sheppard's Delight

Oh and he is so vulnerable * sigh*

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:27 PM

Ooops! Was I meant to???

Sheppard's Delight

I did but realised Linzi didn't so now I am in between lol

Alipeeps
Right, I've scooted ahead to catch up with you... am onto the next whumpy bit. :D

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:28 PM
Okay so we all watch the bit on Claire's couch and then pause after she tells him to "get some rest". okay? :D

Linzi
Oh and he is so vulnerable * sigh*

I love that he is a character who is so strong and vulnerable at the same time!

Alipeeps
"Do I have to pick one?" :D

Linzi
Okay so we all watch the bit on Claire's couch and then pause after she tells him to "get some rest". okay? :D

Ok :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:29 PM
Gah, I loooove the way he arches his back and groans in pain as she checks his stab wound... *sighs whumpily*

Linzi
I did but realised Linzi didn't so now I am in between lol

Oooops! Sorry, guys!

Sheppard's Delight

Ok still doing the singing bit

Linzi
gah, i loooove the way he arches his back and groans in pain as she checks his stab wound... *sighs whumpily*

gah!!!!!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:30 PM
Gah, I loooove the way he arches his back and groans in pain as she checks his stab wound... *sighs whumpily*

Me too and the way he is really protective of his side - not that I am at that bit yet lol

Alipeeps
He looks so TIRED. His eyes are tired and sleepy and when she tells him to get some rest his eyelids droop and he falls asleep in an instant.

When he reaches out his hand for hers, he's struggling to keep his eyes open...

Linzi
Ooooh, I must mention again the bit where he rolls over to tries and escape Claire's flat at the beginning of the ep and cries out in pain. I know we mentioned it earlier but I want to mention it again!!!! HEHE :o

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:31 PM
He looks so TIRED. His eyes are tired and sleepy and when she tells him to get some rest his eyelids droop and he falls asleep in an instant.

When he reaches out his hand for hers, he's struggling to keep his eyes open...

I love that bit!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:32 PM
Ooooh, I must mention again the bit where he rolls over to tries and escape Claire's flat at the beginning of the ep and cries out in pain. I know we mentioned it earlier but I want to mention it again!!!! HEHE :o
Oh yes that nice !!!

Does he really have to touch his face to tell his mask is missing ??

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:33 PM
I love that he is a character who is so strong and vulnerable at the same time!

Yes. Love this. He is strong and confident without being stupidly macho. And the vulnerability makes his heroism all the greater, as he does what he does despite being badly hurt.

Oooops! Sorry, guys!

*slaps your wrist*

Am paused now, btw. Waiting for Sheppy to catch up. :D

Linzi
Oh yes that nice !!!

Well he does look cute when he does that, so I'm going to let him get away with that this time!

Sheppard's Delight
She loves throwing bloody dressings all over the place

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:34 PM
I'm paused

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:34 PM
Yes. Love this. He is strong and confident without being stupidly macho. And the vulnerability makes his heroism all the greater, as he does what he does despite being badly hurt.

*slaps your wrist*

Am paused now, btw. Waiting for Sheppy to catch up. :D

I just get so carried away when watching this ep!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:35 PM

Oh it bears repeating. I loooove it! :D

Oh yes that nice !!!

Probably not but, again, he is hurting, lost, in a strange place... he probably knew/realised the mask was gone but reacted out of surprise/fear, feeling to confirm to himself that *sh*t*, my mask is gone!

Linzi
Ditto

Sheppard's Delight
Well he does look cute when he does that, so I'm going to let him get away with that this time!
He does indeed ;)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:36 PM
Oh it bears repeating. I loooove it! :D

Probably not but, again, he is hurting, lost, in a strange place... he probably knew/realised the mask was gone but reacted out of surprise/fear, feeling to confirm to himself that *sh*t*, my mask is gone!

At that point in the show, I'm just sitting there thinking, 'You are so damn cute!' :D

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:36 PM
I just get so carried away when watching this ep!

It's hard not to.

I still can't quite believe we got an ep this incredibly - epicly! - whumpy just second episode in! If ever there was a way to freaking guarantee that I would become utterly hooked on a show, this would be it! :)

I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched just this one episode (usually fast-forwarding through all the bits that aren't Matt! :D)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:37 PM
Great opening to the show. Very much my sort of ep and great introduction to an important character. Very nice whump, though there is still more to come! :D

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:37 PM
At that point in the show, I'm just sitting there thinking, 'You are so damn cute!' :D

I think by this time you know you are well and truly smitten

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:38 PM
It's hard not to.

I still can't quite believe we got an ep this incredibly - epicly! - whumpy just second episode in! If ever there was a way to freaking guarantee that I would become utterly hooked on a show, this would be it! :)

I can't tell you how many times I've rewatched just this one episode (usually fast-forwarding through all the bits that aren't Matt! :D)

I lost count! :lol: What I can't believe is that we get this, ep 10 and so much whump and repercussion of whump ALL the freaking time!!! It really is whump heaven! But it's also so much more than that. :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM
Just the whole concept of this scene is awesome to me. Wounded hero finding himself on the sofa in someone's apartment, someone who just happens to be an awesome nurse who has cleaned and treated his wounds. But he's confused and lost and still in so much pain. (Love the bit after Claire says the less you know about me the better where he's kinda laughing, but laughing hurts and he just kind of gasps for breath a bit. *dies*)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:39 PM
It's hard not to.

Actually in this ep more than any other you really notice the non Matt bits and tbh the flashbacks here start to annoy me a little

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM
Just the whole concept of this scene is awesome to me. Wounded hero finding himself on the sofa in someone's apartment, someone who just happens to be an awesome nurse who has cleaned and treated his wounds. But he's confused and lost and still in so much pain. (Love the bit after Claire says the less you know about me the better where he's kinda laughing, but laughing hurts and he just kind of gasps for breath a bit. *dies*)

Just - GAH!!!!

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:41 PM
Actually in this ep more than any other you really notice the non Matt bits and tbh the flashbacks here start to annoy me a little

Oh yes. After the first few watchings I always FF those bits. Unless I want to purposely torture myself and make myself wait!!!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:41 PM

Yeah, me too... but only because I am such a whump tart and the whump is so darn good and it's all I want to watch! Structurally, this episode works SO well, interspersing current day whump with backstory and tying it all in together. It's beautifully done. But I am a tart and I just want to watch the whump over and over.

(Seriously, I wish I had some kind of video editing software so I could edit myself a video of just all the whumpy bits from Daredevil all in one lovely big whumpy clip :D)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:42 PM
OKay, are we ready to move on? Are we ready for the freaking epic deliciousness that is the pneumothorax? (Eeep, it's like we died and went to whump fanfic heaven!! :D)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:43 PM
Yeah, me too... but only because I am such a whump tart and the whump is so darn good and it's all I want to watch! Structurally, this episode works SO well, interspersing current day whump with backstory and tying it all in together. It's beautifully done. But I am a tart and I just want to watch the whump over and over.

(Seriously, I wish I had some kind of video editing software so I could edit myself a video of just all the whumpy bits from Daredevil all in one lovely big whumpy clip :D)
Yes it would be so much easier to have the edited version of Matt only - they should sell the whumpers cut

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:43 PM

I'm very impatient. But it is a well crafted ep, IMO. I like the backstory. However, sometimes I just need to get straight to the whump as I just can't wait! :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Yes it would be so much easier to have the edited version of Matt only - they should sell the whumpers cut

Maybe there's a whump director's cut with added scenes? :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:44 PM
Maybe there's a whump director's cut with added scenes? :D

OOOH, wonder if we'll get in any extras on the dvd????

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:45 PM
OKay, are we ready to move on? Are we ready for the freaking epic deliciousness that is the pneumothorax? (Eeep, it's like we died and went to whump fanfic heaven!! :D)

Um . . . YES!!!

Sheppard's Delight
I think the fact it is flashback and then foggy and Karen makes it worse -One or the other - not both!!

Alipeeps
I'm very impatient. But it is a well crafted ep, IMO. I like the backstory. However, sometimes I just need to get straight to the whump as I just can't wait! :D

Yup, I think we all feel the same. :D (I do the same with a lot of my fave whumpy SGA eps too - e.g. 38 Minutes. I can't be doing with no Halling and his tea ceremony, I just want whumpy SWhep!) :)

Ooops phone call. Am staying paused for a mo.

Sheppard's Delight
I'm pressing play

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Yup, I think we all feel the same. :D (I do the same with a lot of my fave whumpy SGA eps too - e.g. 38 Minutes. I can't be doing with no Halling and his tea ceremony, I just want whumpy SWhep!) :)

Ooops phone call. Am staying paused for a mo.

I will continue but will no doubt talk about the next few mins for the rest of the show!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:47 PM
Let's pause again just after Claire's "every version ends with me in handcuffs".

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM
Love the way the flashback cuts straight to Matt waking up gasping, as if having suffered a bad dream, but then we realise it's something worse! The only slight annoyance for me here is that Claire asks, "What is it, what's wrong?" Um, he can't breathe??? :lol: As a seasoned whumper, I was like shouting out, "It's a freaking pneumothorax, you daft moo!!! " ;)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:48 PM
When she fiddles around with her bag it slightly digs into him and he moves his arm to protect his big wound and I love that

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:49 PM
Love the way the flashback cuts straight to Matt waking up gasping, as if having suffered a bad dream, but then we realise it's something worse! The only slight annoyance for me here is that Claire asks, "What is it, what's wrong?" Um, he can't breathe??? :lol: As a seasoned whumper, I was like shouting out, "It's a freaking pneumothorax, you daft moo!!! " ;)

It annoys me too lol

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:50 PM
OOOH, wonder if we'll get in any extras on the dvd????

I'm actually really hoping we get some behind the scenes stuff on the DVD. There has been next to no behind the scenes stuff - even photos, never mind vids etc - from this show, presumably because they kept it all so top secret while filming...

Am gonna carry on now and will FF to the pneumothorax scene then pause to chat. :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:50 PM
When she fiddles around with her bag it slightly digs into him and he moves his arm to protect his big wound and I love that

Um, I actually hadn't noticed that!!! I'm going to re-watch that bit!

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:53 PM
Um, I actually hadn't noticed that!!! I'm going to re-watch that bit!

Well it's my version of events and I like it

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 01:54 PM
Well it's my version of events and I like it

Yep. Found it. Your version works for me :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:56 PM
I def think he used the contacts during the sofa scenes

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:56 PM
Yep. Found it. Your version works for me :)

It makes me squee !!

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 01:57 PM

Yes!! I mean, FFS, we're not even medically trained but every single one of us knew immediately that a) he couldn't breathe (that was pretty darn obvious Claire!) and that b) it was almost certainly a pneumothorax! :lol:

However, I'm willing to let it slide just because it gave us the deliciousness of Matt gasping desperately, " I can't... I can't... breathe!!"

Ah now, I've always read that moment a little differently. When he's gasping and struggling for breathe he instinctively curling in on himself, lifting his back up from the sofa, his whole body tensing... and he's got a stab wound and broken ribs - that tension, that pulling upwards, has got to hurt like a b*stard. But at the time he's more focused on the fact that he can't freaking BREATHE. But once that's sorted, once he can breathe and is desperately sucking in air and relaxing back onto the sofa, the pain in his ribs/side comes to the fore and he instinctively cradles the source of his pain.

(I freaking love that little touch. I may have spent far too much time thinking about that gesture. :D)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 01:59 PM
Yes!! I mean, FFS, we're not even medically trained but every single one of us knew immediately that a) he couldn't breathe (that was pretty darn obvious Claire!) and that b) it was almost certainly a pneumothorax! :lol:

However, I'm willing to let it slide just because it gave us the deliciousness of Matt gasping desperately, " I can't... I can't... breathe!!"

Ah now, I've always read that moment a little differently. When he's gasping and struggling for breathe he instinctively curling in on himself, lifting his back up from the sofa, his whole body tensing... and he's got a stab wound and broken ribs - that tension, that pulling upwards, has got to hurt like a b*stard. But at the time he's more focused on the fact that he can't freaking BREATHE. But once that's sorted, once he can breathe and is desperately sucking in air and relaxing back onto the sofa, the pain in his ribs/side comes to the fore and he instinctively cradles the source of his pain.

(I freaking love that little touch. I may have spent far too much time thinking about that gesture. :D)

I'm going for both together then- makes it double squee

Alipeeps
Oooh the way he *grunts* and grimaces as she pushes the needle in... and the way he gasps for breathe once she clears the pneumothorax. *dies*

Linzi

Yep. That's how I saw it, but I can see Sheppyd's interpretation too. So I'm going to think it's both!!! Hehe!

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 02:00 PM
I need to head off now as the dog need to go out! Can we resume another time as I need to head off to bed, though you're welcome to continue without me? :)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 02:01 PM
I seriously need, if not every whump ep throughout the season, someone to just edit together for me those three scenes... Matt unconscious on the floor/staggering to his feet and then collapsing.... Matt waking up on Claire's sofa and their conversation... and then the pneumothorax scene.

I would happily watch that vid over and over and over (and the fast forward button on my remote would see a lot less use! :lol:)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 02:02 PM
I need to head off now as the dog need to go out! Can we resume another time as I need to head off to bed, though you're welcome to continue without me? :)

I'm happy to continue another time... we've dealt with the primo whump of the episode. ;)

Tho can continue now if you want Sheppy, and then do a re-run when Linzi's next available?

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 02:02 PM

I need to pack for tomorrow - shall we pick up from this scene with a short rewind next time ;)

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 02:03 PM
I need to pack for tomorrow - shall we pick up from this scene with a short rewind next time ;)

Sounds good. Did we decide when next time is? Sheppy, when are you available again?

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM
Shall we do Wednesday, maybe? :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 02:04 PM

Sounds good to me!! :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 02:05 PM
Sounds good. Did we decide when next time is? Sheppy, when are you available again?

Not tomorrow or Thursday and not next Tuesday

Linzi
Just let me know when and where and I'll be here! :)

Linzi
Have really enjoyed tonight and can't wait to continue! :)

Sheppard's Delight

Yep me too

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM

Sounds good to me!:)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 02:06 PM
Just let me know when and where and I'll be here! :)
Tart

Alipeeps
June 1st, 2015, 02:07 PM
Have really enjoyed tonight and can't wait to continue! :)

Oh me too! It's been soooo nice to be able to chat and squee about the whump with people who GET it, who love it the way I do! Oh, I've missed this so much. :)

So, Wednesday night, same time (9pm), same place. See you then. :D

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 09:19 PM
Oh me too! It's been soooo nice to be able to chat and squee about the whump with people who GET it, who love it the way I do! Oh, I've missed this so much. :)

So, Wednesday night, same time (9pm), same place. See you then. :D

Looking forward to it and I promise not to re-watch until then! :)

Linzi
June 1st, 2015, 09:21 PM
Tart

You know me too well! ;)

Sheppard's Delight
June 1st, 2015, 09:50 PM
You know me too well! ;)
This is reminding me I have to sort out taking some eps when I go on holiday - two weeks is too long without !!!!

Alipeeps
June 2nd, 2015, 04:33 AM
I don't believe this. I'm not going to be able to join in with rewatching. I've wrecked my laptop. :(

I tripped over it and trod on the screen. It's completely wrecked. Am going to have to send it off for repair.

So I can only get online now on my desktop (which is being temperamental) or my phone. :(

Sheppard's Delight
June 3rd, 2015, 05:34 AM
I don't believe this. I'm not going to be able to join in with rewatching. I've wrecked my laptop. :(

I tripped over it and trod on the screen. It's completely wrecked. Am going to have to send it off for repair.

So I can only get online now on my desktop (which is being temperamental) or my phone. :(

Shall we put it on hold until your laptop gets back and I get back from holidays ??

Linzi
June 3rd, 2015, 09:00 AM

We can't do it without you! :( Shall we wait until we're all free and able to watch together again? :)

Alipeeps
June 3rd, 2015, 12:07 PM
Awww bless you ladies! The good news is that I took it to a local computer repair guy and he says he'll have it fixed for me by Friday afternoon at latest. :)

So... I think we were all free on Friday night? So shall we plan to do one more rewatch session on Friday, before Sheppy swans off on her hols?

Sheppard's Delight
June 5th, 2015, 05:17 AM
Do you mean tonight? I can if Linzi can - I am still here next week too!!

Alipeeps
June 5th, 2015, 10:08 AM
Well bum. It's a no go for me for tonight, I'm afraid. Laptop won't be ready till Monday. *sobs piteously* :(

Sheppard's Delight
June 5th, 2015, 12:37 PM
Well I am free Monday evening and Wednesday next week

Alipeeps
June 10th, 2015, 10:45 AM
Ooh hey, bit short notice but I am finally back online ladies... are we up for 9pm tonight? ;)

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2015, 11:55 AM
Are we doing tonight then? :)

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:02 PM
I'm here x

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2015, 12:06 PM
Woohoo. Just waiting for Sheppy then. :D

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Indeed:) Hopefully she'll be coming soon!

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2015, 12:07 PM
Were we carrying on from part way thru ep 2?

Sheppard's Delight
June 11th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I'm here - just about need to turn TV on!

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:09 PM
I presume so!Where did we get up to?

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:09 PM
Hooray!

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2015, 12:10 PM
I presume so!Where did we get up to?

Just after the pneumothorax... just where he's about to explain to Claire about the russians kidnapping the boy. Am just getting to the right place now. :)

Sheppard's Delight
June 11th, 2015, 12:12 PM
I'm ready

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:13 PM
Just after the pneumothorax... just where he's about to explain to Claire about the russians kidnapping the boy. Am just getting to the right place now. :)

Excellent! That's exactly where Netflix has told me I was! :)

Alipeeps
Nearly there...

Sheppard's Delight
Pressing play

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:14 PM
Pressing play

Ditto!

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2015, 12:15 PM
OK. Ready. :D

Let's go!

Alipeeps
June 11th, 2015, 12:16 PM
His little gasping noises, and the breathless way he talks, really shouldn't be quite so delicious, should it? ;)

Linzi
June 11th, 2015, 12:17 PM
OK. Ready. :D

Let's go!

I love that his explanation is interrupted by heavy and painful breathing all the way through!

Sheppard's Delight
June 11th, 2015, 12:17 PM
He is just too good at it !!