Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Under the dome, the last ship.. Their own sub-forum?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Under the dome, the last ship.. Their own sub-forum?

Since both of these shows are now past their first season, will they get their own separate sub-forum like the 100, flash, arrow and defiance did?

"The Last Ship" has its own thread.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...-The-Last-Ship

So does "Under the Dome".

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/87496-Under-the-Dome

They weren't difficult to find.
    Last edited by hedwig; 29 May 2015, 07:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
      "The Last Ship" has its own subforum. Look in "General TV" on the main page at the bottom of the list of shows.
      That's a thread. "General TV" is an example of a subforum. The shows garkhal mentioned in the title have a single discussion thread each, whereas the others have subforums containing multiple threads.

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Probably not The Last Ship since its not technically science fiction. I know an argument can be made with the global virus
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Britta View Post
          That's a thread. "General TV" is an example of a subforum. The shows garkhal mentioned in the title have a single discussion thread each, whereas the others have subforums containing multiple threads.
          Exactly. The 100 started off as a THREAD in this general area, till it got moved to its own sub-forum.

Comment

It's pretty much up to Darren on which shows get their own folders and which shows don't.
            sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

i supose that dark matter got it's own subforum for two reasons:
              1.since it is a space series it is definitely science fiction while The last ship or under the dome have sci fi elements but they are not pure science fiction
              2. It's created by Mallozzi which is a known stargate writer

Comment

If opinions matter, I think they ought to get their own boards. There are certainly enough scifi elements to them, particularly "Under the Dome, and they are popular shows.

Comment

I find that sometimes when series get their own sub-forum it leads to less interesting discussions about the show. I often prefer having just one active thread in a main forum so that enough people are actually participating.

Comment

As pointed out above, there are links to both shows.

Comment

Wouldn't mind an Under The Dome board, i don't watch The Last Ship yet so i cant really say yes or no for myself
                      Last Movie Watched
                      X-men - First Class

Last Video Game Played
                      Life is Strange

Comment

I watch both (though I like The Last Ship more than Under the Dome), so I wouldn't mind if either one got its own subforum/folder. I think it's just easier to avoid spoilers, especially if you're not caught up, and follow conversations, if a show has it's own subforum with individual episode threads, but I understand that it's not possible/practical to have one for every current sci-fi show out there.
                        sigpic

Comment

I've seen interesting discussions about "small" shows die out when they got their own sub forum because not enough people care enough to go into the sub forum and therefore each thread there gets to few posts to keep things going.

One very active thread seems to work better imo unless the show is very popular, in which case it should get its own sub forum. I watch both "The Last Ship" and "Under the dome" but I doubt that they are popular enough to carry their own sections.

Come to think of it this could be an opportunity to test this, just give one of the shows it own sub forum and leave the other in the general section and then see which show has a more active discussion

Comment

Originally posted by Wyrminarrd View Post
                            I've seen interesting discussions about "small" shows die out when they got their own sub forum because not enough people care enough to go into the sub forum and therefore each thread there gets to few posts to keep things going.

One very active thread seems to work better imo unless the show is very popular, in which case it should get its own sub forum. I watch both "The Last Ship" and "Under the dome" but I doubt that they are popular enough to carry their own sections.

Come to think of it this could be an opportunity to test this, just give one of the shows it own sub forum and leave the other in the general section and then see which show has a more active discussion
                            Links are shown above to both shows. They've both had their own forums or subforums for many months now. However, for those that don't want to look, here they are again:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...-The-Last-Ship This has been on GW since June 2014.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/87496-Under-the-Dome. This has been here on GW since 2013.
                            Last edited by hedwig; 01 June 2015, 08:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by hedwig View Post
                              Links are shown above to both shows. They've both had their own forums or subforums for many months now. However, for those that don't want to look, here they are again:

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/8...-The-Last-Ship This has been on GW since June 2014.

http://forum.gateworld.net/threads/87496-Under-the-Dome. This has been here on GW since 2013.
                              hedwig, those are threads. One forum contains many subforums, which contain threads. Subforums are like folders. My previous response is quoted below.

Originally posted by Britta View Post

"BRITTA? WHAT KIND OF LAME NAME IS THAT?"

Comment

Working...
                              X