This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is this a plot hole?

In episode 2 of season 1 The Doctor takes Rose to see the end of the world as Earth dies by the Sun engulfing it.

Yet in The Beast Below isn't the spaceship UK there because the Earth also died? But way before all this?
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

The Ninth Doctor mentions that all of the people left Earth before it went up in flames.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Yes, season 2 was the destruction of the Earth via the expansion of the sun. Beast Below's cataclysm is something akin to a massive solar flare or such. Earth was still there, just no one live on it, Which tally's since no one was living there in The End of the World.
      Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
        Yes, season 2 was the destruction of the Earth via the expansion of the sun. Beast Below's cataclysm is something akin to a massive solar flare or such. Earth was still there, just no one live on it, Which tally's since no one was living there in The End of the World.
        What's the difference then? Did they actually mention Earth still being there?
        "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Originally posted by rushy View Post
          What's the difference then? Did they actually mention Earth still being there?
          It doesn't really need to be said cos Yeah it would be...

A solar expansion is when a sun reaches the older stages of its life and the whole thing expands to engulf more space around it. A solar flare is simply regular solar activity where the sun expels some of itself out into space. . Our atmosphere does offer us protection from Solar flares which is why we don't cook every time one comes our way. But as stated in the beast below it was a series of highly dangerous solar flares that caused humanity to abandon Earth.

As mention already besides, in the End of the World, the Doctor did tell Rose that the Earth had long since been abandoned.

But at any rate:
          The End of the World = Earth destroyed.
          Beast Below = Earth still there, but cooked and uninhabitable.
          Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Ah OK so not a plot hole my bad.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
            X