This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chat room?

Hi Darren! I've been away for awhile and was pleasantly surprise by the change with the forum. I love it!!

I do have a question. Will we have a chat room??? Anyway great job! I don't know if this question has been asked before.

Looking forward to spending eternally here!
    Yes!
    73.68%
    No.
    13.60%
    Undecided
    12.72%

Hey, Avalon! Good to see you, and glad you like our new digs.

We currently do not have a chat room. I'll have to look into our options.
    GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
    The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
    Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Or multiple spoilery and spoiler-free chatrooms!

Comment

setting up an IRC channel and having a JavaIRC client on your page is dead easy!

Comment

It would be great to have a chatroom. Of course there would have to be seperate ones for spoilers. I've seen vBulletin forums with Java chats before
          __

__

Comment

I don't mind setting it up for you guys and programming bots if you want, I've done it all before on IRC

Comment

It would take a lot of work. Like rules and admids for the chat rooms.
              Those things are easily solved though.
              Teal'C: Bla Bla Bla... Said the whole transcript of the
              where all of the Stargates were.

O'Neill: Did you say something??

Comment

This topic is worthy of a poll

Comment

Originally posted by David
                  This topic is worthy of a poll
                  Admit it, David, you just like making polls. I'll try not to read anything into that...

If you and Teal'c start comparing archives, I'm outta here...

Comment

I do rather enjoy making polls, but only if it looks like we're going to be able to improve GateWorld in the process or understand our readers better.

As for Teal'c and I, well, we don't go there.

Comment

Im wondering, howcome you are the Supreme System Lord and Darren is not?
                      Just curious...

Comment

Originally posted by 5aret
                        Im wondering, howcome you are the Supreme System Lord and Darren is not?
                        Just curious...
                        Darren is Supreme System Lord because Gateworld is HIS creation (generally speaking). He's the Lord High Poobah of Gateworld so his forums title reflects that.

David is Darren's trusted second in command who does a lot of the "grunt work" so to speak, so he's the Supreme System Lord's Lotor. A lotor is the most trusted human slave of a system lord. So it fits.

Comment

It's actually spelled Lo'taur, but there's only 15-or-so characters allowed, and since it's the perfect way to define my role, I allow the word to be misspelled. Bad Lo'taur, bad!!!

Comment

I wondered about the spelling, actually, but I've seen it spelled a variety of ways and while lo'taur seemed the logical choice to me, it didn't seem to be a popular one so I chose my own spelling.

For the record (and to stay on topic) I'd love for there to be a chatroom. One could hope that it would help cut down on some of the chatter that takes place on the board, but I know better than to expect that to happen.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              Darren is Supreme System Lord because Gateworld is HIS creation (generally speaking). He's the Lord High Poobah of Gateworld so his forums title reflects that.

David is Darren's trusted second in command who does a lot of the "grunt work" so to speak, so he's the Supreme System Lord's Lotor. A lotor is the most trusted human slave of a system lord. So it fits.
                              Ok. I gate it know. I was wondering why There was two Supereme System Lords...

Comment

Working...
                              X