PDA

View Full Version : DC's Legends of Tomorrow

rkgardner2003
May 15th, 2015, 03:26 AM
I'm not sure if there is already a thread for this or not. Looks like a nice mash up of Arrow and The Flash.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4MubNoWQiSc&feature=player_embedded

mr_kennedy
May 15th, 2015, 03:55 AM
im excited for this one, looks awesome

Wyrminarrd
May 15th, 2015, 05:40 AM
The trailer definitely made me very interested in this series.

VampyreWraith
May 15th, 2015, 07:49 PM
I'm really looking forward to this series.

mr_kennedy
May 15th, 2015, 08:02 PM
Arthur Darvil looks quite different from how he looked as Rory, I kinda like it

Also Glad Caity Lotz is back, it seems they went the lazarus pit route, that's good I think imo maybe she will get the canary cry, but instead of technology it will be her metahuman ability from returning from the dead

I also kind of liked Captain Cold In this which is strange because I did not like him in The Flash that much until Rogue Time

bearfax
May 16th, 2015, 04:20 AM
Seems your people keep cutting my comments for no other reason I assume that I may question the position of others or there is something wrong with your system. So much for the world of democratic rights. I said it before and I'l say it again that it could be good but I would hate it to be the same general themes that have followed before. Has that not been to the liking of your censors. In Australia we have a much more open debate.

bearfax
Seems your people keep cutting my comments for no other reason I assume that I may question the position of others or there is something wrong with your system. So much for the world of democratic rights. I said it before and I'l say it again that it could be good but I would hate it to be the same general themes that have followed before. Has that not been to the liking of your censors. In Australia we have a much more open debate.

bearfax

Teddybrown
May 16th, 2015, 05:02 AM
Looking forward to this! Enjoying Arrow and The Flash, so glad to see another show added to the universe, more cross over potential.

Glad to see Arthur Darvil in a main role as I enjoyed him in Doctor Who.

P-90_177
May 16th, 2015, 05:08 AM

Considering that you just posted the same message three times I'm gonna assume that there was something wrong with the comments getting posted. However, in the event that you said anything that breached content rules then, yes it may have been deleted eventually. This isn't a democracy, it's a public forum with very distinct rules.

Given however that I've been watching this thread repeatedly and never saw your post it looks like it never got posted in the first place which implies system error. If you have any further problems then contact one of the mods.

To your point though, from the looks of the show it'll have it's own distinct dynamic, particularly with the time travel aspect. Plus it seems like the team itself will offer something different and be fairly dynamic. After all you're likely to have Cold and Heatwave looking to see how they can profit from a given situation, Palmer essentially geeking out over future tech and ignoring potential threats, and Stein being the voice of reason.... when he isn't merged with Ronnie... I mean it's not like there's a clear leader in the group. Sara could potentially step up but she's used to operating alone.

Bagpuss
May 16th, 2015, 06:55 AM
None of the Mods deleted any posts in this thread.

What may have happened is a big browser hiccup resulting in bearfax having a problem getting his posts through.

PS Trailer looks good.:cool:

PPS: Doesn't look like there were any server probs at GW's end.

DigiFluid
May 16th, 2015, 07:57 AM
Big fan of Arrow, slightly smaller fan of Flash. The buzz on this series did not grab my interest at all.

Until the trailer, anyway. Really enjoyed the trailer, and now I'm quite looking forward to the series.

I wonder if Darren/whoever might consider consolidating Arrow/Flash/Legends into a single sub-forum instead of two sub-forums and a thread? They're all in the same universe, after all...

bearfax
May 16th, 2015, 12:12 PM
If there was a mistake I aplogise but its happened a few times now and I've seen the items on the board one day and gone the next. Maybe there's a problem travelling the wind currents over the Pacific As for it appearing three times, the message must have hit a twister and gone round and round. Enough material there for a SciFi movie it would seem.

mr_kennedy
May 16th, 2015, 02:44 PM
Big fan of Arrow, slightly smaller fan of Flash. The buzz on this series did not grab my interest at all.

Until the trailer, anyway. Really enjoyed the trailer, and now I'm quite looking forward to the series.

I wonder if Darren/whoever might consider consolidating Arrow/Flash/Legends into a single sub-forum instead of two sub-forums and a thread? They're all in the same universe, after all...

Im a big ARROW fan aswell although this season I loved Flash more than ARROW its been amazing, while ARROW has not really been up to season 2 quality, still pretty good and enjoyable tho, since I heard about this (LOT)being a potential thing I was kinda hoping that they picked it up, and the trailer did not disappoint IMO

Not sure how I feel about consolidating Flash/ARROW/LOT, but idk maybe if GW made a folder for DCTVU or something and add GOTHAM & Supergirl into the mix (along with Flash, ARROW, LOT),

Teddybrown
May 16th, 2015, 03:57 PM
Glad I started investing more time in this TV universe. Dropped in and out of Arrow seasons 1 and 2, but only really started watching it week in week out for season 3.

Definately one of my favourite TV universes and glad its getting expanded.

DigiFluid
May 17th, 2015, 01:46 PM
while ARROW has not really been up to season 2 quality
Agreed. I've enjoyed it, but season 2 was just so good, it was hard for this year to live up to that standard.

Not sure how I feel about consolidating Flash/ARROW/LOT
To me it seems silly not to consolidate. Aside from the fact that they'd be inviting even more discussion putting two popular series in one place, I find it puzzling that they're separated in the first place. The various Marvel movies & series are in one subfolder, Star Trek and Star Wars are single folders despite multiple media entries. Et cetera, et cetera...

Glad I started investing more time in this TV universe. Dropped in and out of Arrow seasons 1 and 2, but only really started watching it week in week out for season 3.
I highly recommend going through the first two seasons :) Admittedly season 1 takes some time to get going, but toward the end it really started to come out swinging. And season 2 was just excellent!

Teddybrown
May 18th, 2015, 05:13 AM
Yeah, I watched most of Season 1 and the whole of season 2 during the season 3 mid season break to understand all the references. Glad I did as the end of season 1 and season 2 were very good.

Spimman
May 18th, 2015, 07:46 AM
This should be good, although I never liked Caity Lotz :sam34: I got used to her though on Arrow, maybe a slightly different character will fit her better.

Spimman
May 18th, 2015, 07:53 AM
My thoughts exactly

I agree with this as well

DigiFluid
May 18th, 2015, 08:50 AM
This should be good, although I never liked Caity Lotz :sam34: I got used to her though on Arrow, maybe a slightly different character will fit her better.

I'm really hoping that she used her time away from Arrow to take some acting classes =\

VampyreWraith
May 18th, 2015, 03:27 PM
I really liked Caity Lotz as Sara (Sara was one of my favorite characters in season 2). I don't think she's the best actress ever, but I don't think she's any worse than Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, or Emily Bett Rickards (IMO). I've seen her (Caity Lotz) in a couple of movies since then (season 2 of Arrow) and I've liked her in those as well.

Before the trailer came out, the only reason I was going to check this out because of who was going to be in it (Brandon Routh, Arthur Darvill, and Caity Lotz) and because it's in the same universe as Arrow and The Flash (I really like both shows, though I'm not the biggest fan of season 3 of Arrow). But the trailer made this show look really interesting, and now I'm really looking forward to it.

I think putting all the DC shows and movies in one folder like the Marvel stuff is a good idea.

Bagpuss
May 19th, 2015, 02:03 AM
If there was a mistake I aplogise but its happened a few times now and I've seen the items on the board one day and gone the next. Maybe there's a problem travelling the wind currents over the Pacific As for it appearing three times, the message must have hit a twister and gone round and round. Enough material there for a SciFi movie it would seem.
No worries!:)

The posts you presumed vanished may only have been queued while you were still on Probie Status.
I've rechecked through all your posts ,and they all went through bar one duplicate (that one was soft deleted while you were on Probie) ,but if your ISP,browser or operating system's been the source of the problem,or lagging's happened ,then posts can go off into the ether without being saved by the vbb electronic system.
Check you're using the most current versions and add-ons/plug-ins attached to your browser.Also recheck your Windows updates.
Just a thought,but you might have been noticing a difference between your post count and the number of actual posts you've made.Posts made in the OT Chatter section threads aren't included in our tallies.

Bagpuss
May 19th, 2015, 02:04 AM
No decision's been taken yet by Darren on whether to create a DC folder.Just so y'all know!:)

Spimman
May 19th, 2015, 06:33 AM
I'm really hoping that she used her time away from Arrow to take some acting classes =\
Please yes.

I really liked Caity Lotz as Sara (Sara was one of my favorite characters in season 2). I don't think she's the best actress ever, but I don't think she's any worse than Stephen Amell, Katie Cassidy, or Emily Bett Rickards (IMO). I've seen her (Caity Lotz) in a couple of movies since then (season 2 of Arrow) and I've liked her in those as well.

I think the big thing that always struck me as odd was how she expresses emotions. I can't quite put my finger on it, he faces just seems rigid or something and it always struck me as odd. I did get used to it eventually, but I wasn't upset at all to see her go.

garhkal
May 19th, 2015, 02:36 PM
I know i will be watching this when it comes out.

VampyreWraith
May 19th, 2015, 02:54 PM
I think the big thing that always struck me as odd was how she expresses emotions. I can't quite put my finger on it, he faces just seems rigid or something and it always struck me as odd. I did get used to it eventually, but I wasn't upset at all to see her go.

I didn't have a problem with the way she expressed emotions on Arrow or the movies I've seen her in. I've seen some say that Stephen Amell is stiff and wooden and can't express emotion either, but I think both are fine for they damaged sort of characters they play(ed) on Arrow. The way Caity Lotz speaks though, did take me a little bit to get used to on Arrow. She seemed to have a bit of a lisp that I found distracting at first (Paul Blackthorne's accent/voice on this show was distracting for me at first too, because he seems to speak with a lisp).

DigiFluid
May 19th, 2015, 03:55 PM
No decision's been taken yet by Darren on whether to create a DC folder.Just so y'all know!:)

Not pressuring or whining! Clearly they get their own separate traffic and they're just a couple clicks apart. I just think it's a good idea, is all :)

garhkal
May 20th, 2015, 03:19 PM
I didn't have a problem with the way she expressed emotions on Arrow or the movies I've seen her in. I've seen some say that Stephen Amell is stiff and wooden and can't express emotion either, but I think both are fine for they damaged sort of characters they play(ed) on Arrow. The way Caity Lotz speaks though, did take me a little bit to get used to on Arrow. She seemed to have a bit of a lisp that I found distracting at first (Paul Blackthorne's accent/voice on this show was distracting for me at first too, because he seems to speak with a lisp).

I've never heard Blackthorne speaking with a Lisp when being Malcomb..

VampyreWraith
May 20th, 2015, 08:25 PM
I've never heard Blackthorne speaking with a Lisp when being Malcomb..
John Barrowman is Malcolm, Paul Blackthorne is Quentin, to me he sounds lispy or sounds like he's mumbling sometimes (I think it might be because of the accent he's using on Arrow). I think he's a really good actor though, and I like Quentin as a character.

garhkal
May 20th, 2015, 09:32 PM
DOH.. Sorry wrong guy.
But even with the corrected actor/role, i have never (or can't remember) him ever speaking in a lisp. Mumble, yes. BUT so do i.

mr_kennedy
May 20th, 2015, 10:11 PM
I Think everyone mumbles:P

ive never heard Paul Blackthorne lisp, or Caity for that matter, maybe im just not paying attention to that :o

Im actually kind of glad that they used the Lazarus pit and not time travel for Sara's resurrection, I have kind of missed her as black canary on season 3 of ARROW

I like that both ATOM and Captain Cold are team members in Legends of Tomorrow, and I cant wait to see more of Hawk Girl she was one of my favourites in the Justice League animated series, hopefully we will get an introductory episode in either Flash or ARROW before Legends of Tomorrow premiers, I think it would be best If we get an introductory episode in flash rather than arrow seems to fit more on The Flash

VampyreWraith
May 21st, 2015, 06:01 AM
I'm not bothered by the way either actor speaks (I was never really that bothered by it, it was more just something I noticed that I found a little bit distracting at first, especially since sometimes I listen to what's going on instead of watch).
Yeah, I think everyone mumbles sometimes; sometimes I speak so low, no one can hear me LOL.

I'm also glad they seem to have used the Lazarus Pit instead of time travel. I was disappointed when Sara died on Arrow, I was hoping that they wouldn't kill her as a part of Laurel's journey and that they would just do something else with her, so I'm glad that they are bringing her back (even if she'll be a bit different).

Since it's not starting until Winter or Spring, maybe they'll lead into it in both series. Like, maybe not have a whole episode devoted to it, but have things that are more in the background of both series that lead up to the new series. If they do an introductory episode, I also think it would work better on The Flash than Arrow.

garhkal
May 21st, 2015, 02:56 PM
I like that both ATOM and Captain Cold are team members in Legends of Tomorrow, and I cant wait to see more of Hawk Girl she was one of my favourites in the Justice League animated series, hopefully we will get an introductory episode in either Flash or ARROW before Legends of Tomorrow premiers, I think it would be best If we get an introductory episode in flash rather than arrow seems to fit more on The Flash

Maybe we already did. She could have been one of the bystanders looking up at the forming blackhole?

DigiFluid
May 21st, 2015, 03:34 PM
Maybe we already did. She could have been one of the bystanders looking up at the forming blackhole?

She was. She was the one they showed looking up at the sky right after they showed Snart/Cold looking up. And there was also a shot of the 'Legends' in Barry's Speed-Force visions.

Teddybrown
September 11th, 2015, 12:24 PM
http://www.hitfix.com/harpy/get-your-first-look-at-legends-of-tomorrow-hawkman-and-hawkgirl-in-costume
First look at Hawkman and Hawkgirl

Teddybrown
November 23rd, 2015, 03:18 PM
https://youtu.be/c7LlmaFg0lw

New trailer! This looks awesome!

garhkal
November 23rd, 2015, 09:51 PM
I loved it.. Especially Freezes' comment near the end of "God, i love the 70's!"

Gen. Chris
November 23rd, 2015, 10:57 PM
I loved it.. Especially Freezes' comment near the end of "God, i love the 70's!"

That would be Heat Wave, but the point stands. :)

What a fantastic trailer.

garhkal
November 24th, 2015, 09:58 PM
That would be Heat Wave, but the point stands. :)

What a fantastic trailer.

Ghha.. mixed the 2 up..

Ikorni
December 2nd, 2015, 10:11 PM
Jaw-droppingly good introduction to the new series. Good to see this universe expanding (even if I'm a Flash more than an Arrow fan). Love the hawks already.

LtColCarter
December 8th, 2015, 01:05 PM
I can't wait for this to premier! I loved the trailer for it...looks extremely promising.

mr_kennedy
January 2nd, 2016, 02:50 AM
Looking forward to this one, nice to see it get its own section.... hope its not just a 1 season wonder

ClockworkNebari
January 2nd, 2016, 05:29 AM

I think it may work better, you already have a Marvel/Shield folder

VampyreWraith
January 2nd, 2016, 08:48 AM
Nice to see that this got its own section. :)

LtColCarter
January 7th, 2016, 08:08 AM
Nice to see that this got its own section. :)

:indeed:

Teddybrown
March 28th, 2016, 12:51 PM
https://youtu.be/mqY7pNKrMYw

New look forward trailer

garhkal
March 28th, 2016, 01:21 PM
Nice new trailer.. Loved the whole bar fight.. BUT going after everyone in the crew at a younger age.. Isn't that tampering with the time line?

Teddybrown
May 22nd, 2016, 05:18 AM
One thing I dont get, the very first trailer for this, none of that was ever in an episode?

P-90_177
May 22nd, 2016, 06:15 AM
One thing I dont get, the very first trailer for this, none of that was ever in an episode?

It was a proof of concept trailer just used to get execs to ok the idea and get people excited.

Teddybrown
May 22nd, 2016, 08:29 AM
It was a proof of concept trailer just used to get execs to ok the idea and get people excited.

Ah ok, thats a shame. Would have liked to of seen it!

LtColCarter
May 23rd, 2016, 12:36 PM
Ah ok, thats a shame. Would have liked to of seen it!

I concur

Teddybrown
May 24th, 2016, 03:43 PM
The Flash, the Green Arrow AND the Legends vs Savage, hopefully we get something like that next season, plus Supergirl!

jelgate
May 24th, 2016, 05:36 PM
Isn't that hard since Savage is dead?

Teddybrown
May 25th, 2016, 02:23 PM
Isn't that hard since Savage is dead?

Oh, I meant from what we saw in the release trailer, we had The Flash, Arrow and the Legends teaming up but never got that in an episode.

Would have been nice to see.

garhkal
May 25th, 2016, 02:34 PM
Ahh.. But is he?

Teddybrown
July 23rd, 2016, 07:50 PM
https://youtu.be/hUrbrdZj-I4

SDCC first look

garhkal
July 23rd, 2016, 11:04 PM
Not as aweinspiring as the other 2.. BUT i loved sara going against Damien darhk..

garhkal
August 13th, 2016, 01:33 PM
Saw this mentioned elsewhere, but they have acquired Lance Henriksen to appear as one of the new JLA characters for S2..
http://www.blastr.com/2016-8-12/legendary-sci-fi-actor-lance-henriksen-play-jsa-hero-legends-tomorrow

pscard
October 14th, 2016, 03:10 PM
FYI: Hawkgirl will not be a regular in Season 2. :(

‘DC’s Legends Of Tomorrow’: Ciara Renée To Depart (http://deadline.com/2016/05/dcs-legends-of-tomorrow-ciara-renee-departs-hawkgirl-1201754078/)

garhkal
October 14th, 2016, 03:51 PM
Kind of figured that after how they ended it in S1.

jelgate
October 14th, 2016, 05:02 PM
I thought we knew that since the end of S1

pscard
October 27th, 2016, 10:47 AM
Kind of figured that after how they ended it in S1.

There's always a possibility that she'll be back.

Teddybrown
November 15th, 2016, 10:23 AM
https://youtu.be/QxJvOfYDR_g

First 4 night crossover trailer!

Teddybrown
November 24th, 2016, 06:25 AM
https://youtu.be/omVm4x5Q-CE

New trailer for the four night event

Teddybrown
January 8th, 2017, 12:54 PM
http://cultfix.co.uk/every-arrowverse-show-renewed-for-2017-18-31906.htm
Renewed for season 3

garhkal
January 8th, 2017, 02:28 PM
S2 is imo much better so far than S1, so that's no surprse to me!

backstep
January 19th, 2017, 05:08 AM
Does the new 1/2 season start tonight?

VampyreWraith
January 19th, 2017, 08:54 AM
Does the new 1/2 season start tonight?

They moved it to Tuesdays after The Flash, it comes back next week (Jan 24).

garhkal
January 19th, 2017, 02:26 PM
I was wondering that. Why the move to tuesday right after flash?

VampyreWraith
January 19th, 2017, 03:19 PM
I guess they thought Supernatural was a better lead-in for their new show Riverdale.

Teddybrown
July 23rd, 2017, 04:08 AM
https://youtu.be/P-6D_Tupcww

Comic con trailer

garhkal
July 23rd, 2017, 12:02 PM
"I refuse to set foot on that ship, who ever built it should be shot"

CLASSIC stein.

Teddybrown
November 20th, 2017, 12:47 PM
https://youtu.be/iUi0_0yijsE

This looks awesome!

Annoyed
November 25th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Just started watching this show this afternoon, with a few S3 episodes over the past few weeks. So far, seems ok.
But where is all the relationship crap? Based on CW's handling of Supergirl, I expected this to be another teenage dating angst festival, but so far, that doesn't seem the case.

Are they really making a show without that aspect? Or are we just in a lull ?

VampyreWraith
November 26th, 2017, 08:37 AM
The first season had some relationship stuff with the Hawks and Ray, it was pretty badly written, but it wasn't really too over the top or got excessive focus, from what I remember anyway, it was just a bit annoying because of how it was written in my opinion. The second season had a bit of a stupid introduction to a relationship, but it was mostly kept in the background, like it is in the third season so far. In a few episodes of season 2, Sara kind of reminds me a bit of Captain Kirk (if he was bisexual and female) for some reason lol. It's a pretty fun show in my opinion (the first season was the weakest season), the characters are entertaining, the time travel rules don't always make sense, the bad guy tends to get away a lot, they mess up a lot (they pretty much embrace that whole thing in season 3 though, so it kind of makes things better), despite its flaws, overall I just find it really entertaining and fun.

Teddybrown
July 22nd, 2018, 04:44 AM
https://youtu.be/6xX6iDOBpeg

Season 4 trailer Comic Con

Teddybrown
October 16th, 2018, 02:54 PM
https://youtu.be/-gWpXsfEFXg

Well, this season looks as crazy as ever!

LtColCarter
October 22nd, 2018, 09:19 AM
Glad it is coming back! :D

Mrja84
November 8th, 2019, 03:01 PM
Season 5 starts January 21st 2020, a week after the "special episode" that plays a part in Crisis.

Teddybrown
December 5th, 2019, 01:18 PM
https://youtu.be/dVuUd6QS9EY