• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken (506)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON FIVE
    UNBOWED, UNBENT, UNBROKEN
    EPISODE NUMBER - 505
    Jaime and Bronn find Myrcella just as the Sand Snakes attack, and Jorah and Tyrion have a run-in with slavers. Arya continues her training with the Faceless Men, and Cersei uses her religious fanatics against the Tyrells.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 21 May 2015, 09:04 PM.

For me this was the worst episode of the series. I don't think i liked anything about it. I know a lot of people are up in arms over Sansa being raped. I don't really care about that. The scene was rather tame for GoT. I would have liked if Reek stabbed Ramsey in the back. I would have really liked for Sansa to get herself out of that situation but I can't really think of a realistic way for that to happen.

The Sand Snake fight was just dull. We have had some really great fights on this show but this one was just meh. Also the fact that Jamie just happen to show up on the same day of the sand snakes was silly.

I just thought of something I did like. I liked the high sparrow stuff. This entire situation seems like a massive bomb that is going to blowup in Cersi's face. You know she planned for the queen to be taken. Then she acting like she doesn't need the queen of thorns money. And she armed a bunch of crazy people. Boom time is coming soon. The kingdom might not exist by the time Stannis comes.

Comment

The Sand Snake's fight was pretty much the worst scene of the whole series on the sole basis of how badly choreographed and shot it was.

But then again, I don't like them at all, but when you have fighting like this it is tough to take them seriously
      sigpic

Comment

I have to agree about the Sand Snake fight, it was pretty bad...

Cersi is playing a dangerous game... Doesnt half the Capital know Jamie fathered her children?

Tyrion's pretty good with getting himself out of situations isnt he...

Comment

Well, don't see how folks can be fussed about Sansa given what they know about Ramsey and what a sadist he is. Since she survived Joffrey she might have some tiny bit of control over Ramsey but not much.

As to Tyrion, of course he's resourceful, and this time he was extra motivated.

I do feel this is one of those 'set things up' episodes. But every season needs some of them.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'm getting tired of GOT, it seems to have lost its way.

I had hopes that major things would happen in season 5 but I'm disappointed so far.

Wish the Dragons would just get on with torching Kings Landings etc and be done with it.
            SGU. Best Sci-fi show to come along in decades.

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              Well, don't see how folks can be fussed about Sansa given what they know about Ramsey and what a sadist he is. Since she survived Joffrey she might have some tiny bit of control over Ramsey but not much.

As to Tyrion, of course he's resourceful, and this time he was extra motivated.

I do feel this is one of those 'set things up' episodes. But every season needs some of them.
              Yeah, Ramsay treating Sansa the way he did was pretty expected based on his previous behavior, and in the books
              Spoiler:
              what happened to Jeyne Poole/Fake Arya was worse
              than what happened to Sansa on the show. I also think she might be able to play Ramasy a little bit and maybe get a tiny bit of control.

Since Mance is dead
              Spoiler:
              and I don't think the show is going for (or even can go for) a fake death with him, I think Sansa is going to more instrumental than Jeyne was in her escape with Theon (unless they have her escape with Littlefinger instead or something like that). But I'm hoping Sansa gets out on her own with Theon and that she doesn't need Littlefinger to sneak her out/save her this time around.

I liked this episode, even if it did feel a bit like set up episode. The Arya parts were probably my favorite. I also really liked the King's Landing scenes. I wasn't a big fan of the Sand Snake fight though.
              sigpic

Comment

You know, if Sansa gets to the point that she stands up for herself, perhaps killing Ramsay she will be a force to be reckoned with. Right now she needs to take that step from pawn to player. She was a pawn with Joff, with Tyrion, with Littlefinger and now with Ramsay.

I almost have to wonder if there's a book plot point that'll be tweaked
                books
                Spoiler:
                Catlyn is revived from the dead, even with her throat slit and is the mute queen or something...can't recall. Well what if Sansa takes her place...she escapes from Ramsay, possibly by faking her own death, and she becomes that character?

sigpic

Comment

You know, if Sansa gets to the point that she stands up for herself, perhaps killing Ramsay she will be a force to be reckoned with. Right now she needs to take that step from pawn to player. She was a pawn with Joff, with Tyrion, with Littlefinger and now with Ramsay.

I almost have to wonder if there's a book plot point that'll be tweaked
                  books
                  Spoiler:
                  Catlyn is revived from the dead, even with her throat slit and is the mute queen or something...can't recall. Well what if Sansa takes her place...she escapes from Ramsay, possibly by faking her own death, and she becomes that character?
                  That would be interesting,
                  Spoiler:
                  And, even if Sansa doesn't kill Ramsay or fake her death she could become like Lady Stoneheart. She could escape Winterfell (maybe with Theon's help, but then she ditches him or they get seperated), meets up with Brienne and Pod (maybe right outside of Wnterfell) along with the Brotherhood or some loyal Northmen, and kind of have Catelyn's Lady Stoneheart part of the story (the vengeance part anyway). That way she could be more of a player. Theon can end up with Stannis like he did in the books. I wonder if Asha/Yara is going to be in this season?
                  sigpic

Comment

One thing with that
                    Spoiler:
                    she obviously hasn't and possibly won't ever forgive theonn (who is still being blamed for something he didn't do) so him sacrificing to get her out could be his redemption, at least in her eyes. That extra bit of emotional conflict for the person she hates to help her escape.
                    I'd like her to be more of a player simply becuse she's little more than the perpetual victim at the moment. her 'redemption' of a sort could come in fighting for her heritage and inheritance. Put her on par with John in a way. IN a really, really far flung plot she and John could eventually either get toget her or be partners - cause he's no more related to her than Theonn is)...if the Lady of the North and the King's last true son marry.....(I know what's in the books, but I really think we can almost discount anything there given how much they are diverging)

sigpic

Comment

^
                      Spoiler:
                      Yeah, I don't think she'll forgive Theon either, but she could use him to help get herself out of Winterfell (especially if Theon tells her that he really didn't kill her brothers). I can see her ditching him once she's out (and leaving him in a bad place). If she joins up with Stannis, he can make her Warden of the North if he wins against the Boltons (since he sees himself as the rightful King too). That old lady said that "the North remembers" when Sansa first got to Winterfell so she seems to have supporters.

If R+L=J is true, Jon would still be her cousin and they grew up together as half-siblings, so I don't know if either character would go for that (though they could feel that it's something necessary for the good of the realm). I don't know, I just don't see Jon (or Dany) ending up being the ones to rule The Seven Kingdoms at the end (if there's anything left to rule). For some reason, I can picture him end up being a White Walker King or something, more than King of the Seven Kingdoms lol. I can see Sansa as Queen if she can become more of a player though, either that or living a quiet life, alone or with someone like Pod. I hope she doesn't die though, I don't want any of the remaining Starks to die, but I can't see happy ending for all of them.
                      sigpic

Comment

After reading the books my thought for sansa's future
                        Spoiler:
                        is that she'd join the silent sisters or some other nunnery, being like the one Valerian that joined the black instead of his inheritance.
                        I personally think that Gendry will come back into play...if he's still alive.
                        The theme of the game of thrones....the way to win is not to play

sigpic

Comment

so what about Sansa - she's married she knows the rules & she obeys like she always has, she knows what she's getting into not to mention her scene with Ramsay is basically a copy-paste of the Dany-Drogo scene, I don't recall many complaining about that one

can't really feel much sympathy for Sansa as she's one of the most useless characters in the series & this was shown as early as the 2nd episode of season 1, her (relative) good looks being her only asset

Comment

After reading the books my thought for sansa's future
                            Spoiler:
                            is that she'd join the silent sisters or some other nunnery, being like the one Valerian that joined the black instead of his inheritance.
                            I personally think that Gendry will come back into play...if he's still alive.
                            The theme of the game of thrones....the way to win is not to play
                            ^ That would make sense given all that Sansa has been through. I hope that Gendry isn't dead (I don't think that he is), and that we see him again.
                            sigpic

Comment

I was not surprised to find out that Arya does not hate the Hound, despite her acting like she does in the other scenes. He became a lot more human, sharing with her parts of his story and defending her, as they traveled together. If she really wanted him dead, she would have killed him when he asked.

Poor Tyrion, getting captured by Ser Jorah who is then captured by other men. It is interesting to see him navigating this world and having to use his own wit and not that of his family's name and connections to get himself out of dangerous situations. I do not think his life will be getting easier any time soon, however.

Sansa being back in Winterfell is changing "reek." It would be hard for him to forget who he is, who he was, with Sansa being around and being a daily reminder that he used to be some body else. Also, sometimes it is harder to change or stand up for oneself, but one gets the courage and strength to do so when it comes to protecting somebody else. I hope that by seeing how awful Ramsey is to Sansa, Theon Greyjoy will gain the courage to be a stronger version of who he was and, finally, do the right thing by protecting Sansa Stark. It is the least he could do for the Stark family.

Comment

Working...
                              X