PDA

View Full Version : Supergirl TV series: News/General Discussion

Pages : [1] 2

bearfax
May 9th, 2015, 08:38 PM
Its official. CBS has started production of the first season of the TV series SUPERGIRL.

The lead character stars Melissa Benoist (Glee) and also has Calista Flockhart (Ally McBeal) and Dean Cain (Lois and Clarke) and Helen Slater (Supergirl the movie) in the cast.

Written and produced by Ali Alder (No Ordinary Family) and Greg Borlanti (Arrow and Flash), the show has 24 year old Supergirl having hidden her powers, suddenly having to reveal herself to combat super villains...dont they all.

Though apparently on a different channel to Arrow and Flash there are suggestions of cross over episodes. Lets keep it in the family.

Teddybrown
May 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e39HEAAjTQI&feature=player_embedded

Trailer for this.

Teddybrown
May 14th, 2015, 10:42 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm46-envrHo&feature=player_embedded

Six minute look

Gen. Chris
May 14th, 2015, 11:18 AM
Honestly, I think this looks terrible based on the trailer. That is just my opinion of course, but it just does not look interesting.

I'll give it a chance, though.

bearfax
May 14th, 2015, 12:57 PM
It does seem a little designed for the teeny bopper. But lets hope given its made by the Arrow/Flash group.

Wyrminarrd
May 14th, 2015, 02:14 PM
I´ll give the show a shot, it could prove to be decent.

garhkal
May 14th, 2015, 02:27 PM
I will give it a try, but it depends on when on the monday slot they put it in.

ecgordon
May 14th, 2015, 02:54 PM
It's going up against Gotham in the fall. I had almost decided not to continue with Gotham, so it is possible that hour will be free. That preview was terrible.

Annoyed
May 14th, 2015, 03:30 PM
The biggest thing for me is the not-quite-right colors of her suit. It is very distracting. IF they've chosen to work in this franchise, they shouldn't alter the basics.

Aside from that, way too much emo.

However, since I've already waved bye bye to Gotham, it will definitely be given a shot.

bearfax
May 14th, 2015, 09:03 PM
Personally I would like to see the Supergirl having a bit more mongrel than as shown in the shorts. Squeaky clean suggests its for the Under 15s. A more ambiguous character such as the Oliver Queen in Arrow would have been better.

mr_kennedy
May 15th, 2015, 06:46 PM
I liked the trailer better than I thought I would, ill be checking it out for sure

any confirmation weather its a part of the arrow/flash shared universe? itd be nice to see her pop up in Legends of Tomorrow

lopo30
May 22nd, 2015, 01:20 PM
http://comicbook.com/2015/05/22/supergirl-pilot-leaks-online/

Wyrminarrd
May 24th, 2015, 01:50 PM
If I understand the premise of "Supergirl" right then Superman is already an established hero. Since there has been no mention of a super powered alien running around saving the day in "Arrow" and "The Flash" I think its safe to assume that they don't share the same universe.

However, these are comic book shows and they could have someone travel between time lines/dimensions in order to have a cross over episode :)

garhkal
May 25th, 2015, 01:41 PM
It does appear that way. BUT maybe its just an east-west coast thing.

mr_kennedy
May 25th, 2015, 01:47 PM
If I understand the premise of "Supergirl" right then Superman is already an established hero. Since there has been no mention of a super powered alien running around saving the day in "Arrow" and "The Flash" I think its safe to assume that they don't share the same universe.

However, these are comic book shows and they could have someone travel between time lines/dimensions in order to have a cross over episode :)

Smallville is not part of the Arrowverse :) But I think supergirl is also by Greg Berlanti who does ARROW & The Flash & LOT, but as of yet CBS aren't allowing Supergirl to be part of that shared universe, if it does well I imagine they might allow it down the track its still a greg berlanti show afterall

Had Constantine been renewed, Stephen Amell was in talks to guest on the show for season 2 making it part of the Arrowverse, and i think there trying to get Constantine character to appear in Arrow next season so that it can be part of the Arrowverse, so who knows eventually Supergirl could guest on Arrow or The Flash or even LOT in the future

Wyrminarrd
May 26th, 2015, 03:44 AM
The main thing standing between the Arrow and Supergirl is that those worlds clearly have a very different history, namely that Superman doesn't exist in the Arrowverse.

Heck, from what I've read Warner have completely forbidden the Arrowverse from even saying Metropolis and Gotham :)

garhkal
May 26th, 2015, 02:08 PM
I know that part (about gotham) but didn't know about metropolis.

mr_kennedy
May 26th, 2015, 02:15 PM
The main thing standing between the Arrow and Supergirl is that those worlds clearly have a very different history, namely that Superman doesn't exist in the Arrowverse.

Heck, from what I've read Warner have completely forbidden the Arrowverse from even saying Metropolis and Gotham :)

I think its stupid, what there doing, but I still feel that maybe they will change there minds if Supergirl becomes a hit

LastActionHero
June 4th, 2015, 08:15 AM
I don't like this series at all.
It's too cliched.
A lonely/shy girl trying to survive in a big city,then gets some kind of motivation (here, her powers) and then she beats everything and gets on top. Is it 90's?
I rather prefer a Supergirl who is more badass and tough. She is powerful than her cousin, superman.

jelgate
June 4th, 2015, 08:41 AM
Sounds like are judging it before you even seen it. That seems premature

ecgordon
June 4th, 2015, 10:42 AM
Sounds like are judging it before you even seen it. That seems premature
We've got the pilot to judge, and that was pretty bad. I'm convinced someone within the network leaked it so that they could get some feedback about how to tweak the concept of the show.

siles
June 4th, 2015, 11:16 AM
We've got the pilot to judge, and that was pretty bad. I'm convinced someone within the network leaked it so that they could get some feedback about how to tweak the concept of the show.

I actually kinda liked it, but then again I'm a sucker for super-hero anything

ecgordon
June 4th, 2015, 01:54 PM
The only thing I'm a sucker for is a well-told story, no matter the genre. There are times I feel I'm watching entirely different shows than other people, and I also sometimes wonder why I continue to watch certain shows because they aren't wowing me the way they seem to be doing for others.

jelgate
June 4th, 2015, 04:54 PM
That's still not enough for me. I always give a show a few episodes as pilots are notorious for being bad

VampyreWraith
June 5th, 2015, 07:46 AM
I haven't watched the pilot, but I also usually give a show at least a few episodes (especially if it's in a genre that I really like).

aretood2
July 21st, 2015, 06:20 AM
That's still not enough for me. I always give a show a few episodes as pilots are notorious for being bad

But still, not a bad place to start. I hope they explore things in a bit more darker depth like they've done for Flash to make it appealing. She's supposed to be the angriest DC superhero right? I hope they take that aspect of her and include it in the show. But so far, she has little to be angry about. It's that sorta thing that makes me worry. But I'll be reserving final thoughts until I see a few more episodes myself.

LtColCarter
July 21st, 2015, 07:50 AM
I'm going to reserve judgement until I see the show. :)

garhkal
July 21st, 2015, 10:02 AM

Pity the Exex that leaked it didn't get the others, to leave it up.

LtColCarter
July 21st, 2015, 10:45 AM
Pity the Exex that leaked it didn't get the others, to leave it up.

The pilot was leaked? And I missed it!? Dang it! :weiranime22:

aretood2
July 21st, 2015, 01:24 PM

The pilot felt like one giant exposition...not really a bad thing since that's what they are supposed to be. But it felt too obvious. But hopefully the season would be better. I am looking forward to this show though. That said...it does show great potential. You'll find a way to....enjoy it.

LtColCarter
July 22nd, 2015, 06:14 AM
The pilot felt like one giant exposition...not really a bad thing since that's what they are supposed to be. But it felt too obvious. But hopefully the season would be better. I am looking forward to this show though. That said...it does show great potential. You'll find a way to....enjoy it.

I agree it does have great potential. I hope it is good! Still frustrating that I missed the leaked pilot.

garhkal
July 22nd, 2015, 10:50 PM

I felt the same way, as when i found out about that it WAS leaked, by that time, it had already been taken down.

ecgordon
July 23rd, 2015, 06:07 AM
It's still available if you know where to look.

LtColCarter
October 28th, 2015, 12:20 PM
Well, I finally saw the pilot, and I didn't feel it was all that horrible. ;) Although, there is a lot of room for improvement...I do feel the show has potential. :D

garhkal
October 28th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Agreed. Though i would hope that we get MORE than her fellow homeworld's prisoners being her "enemy of the week"s..

LtColCarter
October 29th, 2015, 08:56 AM
Agreed. Though i would hope that we get MORE than her fellow homeworld's prisoners being her "enemy of the week"s..

In the beginning...that might be all that we get. However, for the show to survive...it will have to branch out.

P-90_177
October 29th, 2015, 09:10 AM
That's kind of the problem having a character as powerful as Superman or Supergirl, you're very limited as to who you can get who can prove to be an adequate enemy for them. Superman has the benefit of having Lex, but Supergirl doesn't really have as many memorable adversaries. Though I reckon bringing Amanda Waller into Supergirl as more of a full on antagonist wouldn't hurt.

Oh oh oh! I just thought of something awesome.

We know from Arrow and Flash that no mention has ever been made of aliens or Superman, which you'd kinda think they would have done if Meta Humans were such a surprise, so my guess is that Supergirl is in one of the parallel Earths, so what if at the end of season 1 she gets sucked into the Arrowverse Earth and is stuck there, so she actually becomes the first Kryptonian superhero and actually is able to take the place of Superman on Arrow's Earth.

LtColCarter
October 29th, 2015, 09:17 AM
Oh oh oh! I just thought of something awesome.

We know from Arrow and Flash that no mention has ever been made of aliens or Superman, which you'd kinda think they would have done if Meta Humans were such a surprise, so my guess is that Supergirl is in one of the parallel Earths, so what if at the end of season 1 she gets sucked into the Arrowverse Earth and is stuck there, so she actually becomes the first Kryptonian superhero and actually is able to take the place of Superman on Arrow's Earth.

Intriguing. That might put an interesting spin on things.

P-90_177
October 29th, 2015, 09:40 AM
Intriguing. That might put an interesting spin on things.

I know right? :P It's how I'd write it... But that probably means it won't happen cos TV writers rarely go with my awesome ideas.

jelgate
October 29th, 2015, 09:50 AM
A big problem is the shows are on different networks

LtColCarter
October 29th, 2015, 10:24 AM
I know right? :P It's how I'd write it... But that probably means it won't happen cos TV writers rarely go with my awesome ideas.

Maybe if they were on the same network, it would be more possible. Given they are on different networks...sadly...it is highly improbable.

P-90_177
October 29th, 2015, 10:30 AM
Maybe if they were on the same network, it would be more possible. Given they are on different networks...sadly...it is highly improbable.

It has been said that both networks are open to the shared universe, they just wouldn't want to do a crossover any time soon.

LtColCarter
October 29th, 2015, 10:36 AM
It has been said that both networks are open to the shared universe, they just wouldn't want to do a crossover any time soon.

That's interesting. I don't think I recall a crossover being done on different networks. Like, I've seen SVU, Chicago Fire, and Chicago PD do crossovers, but they're on the same network. Just like tonight there is a Bones/Sleep Hollow 2 hour crossover event. :D But again...they're on the same network. :P

aretood2
November 1st, 2015, 10:14 AM
The main problem with an inter-network crossover would be that they'd be intentionally hurting one of their own TV shows that share the opposite time slot. What ever comes on CBS on Tuesday during the Flash will lose the Supergirl viewers because of the crossover, or the Arrow slot. Same thing with whatever the CW is broadcasting on Mondays during that slot. Unless they do a multi-network broadcast, but then that gets tricky, they'd be splitting their ratings and so on.

Starsaber
November 2nd, 2015, 08:44 AM

CBS is a part owner of CW (with Warner Brothers, which produces Supergirl), so it's not as improbable as it would be in most other situations.

LtColCarter
November 2nd, 2015, 09:02 AM
CBS is a part owner of CW (with Warner Brothers, which produces Supergirl), so it's not as improbable as it would be in most other situations.

Given what aretood2 posted...sounds more improbable than I originally thought...

jelgate
November 2nd, 2015, 09:53 AM
Really CBS being part owner doesn't matter. It's like saying a SyFy show could be on NBC

poundpuppy29
November 9th, 2015, 09:26 PM
so glad I found this sub form I have enjoyed this series I was half expecting to hate this show or being too stupid but I was surprised I enjoyed it from pilot I can't get the CW for some reason I don't have cable just antenna so I have not watched any of Arrow or Flash and I haven't watched Gotham either I get Fox just no interest. I think I am going to be a shipper of Kara & Jimmy

Bagpuss
November 16th, 2015, 05:48 PM
Just a quick word,folks.:)

CBS have deferred the Episode originally scheduled to air tonight "How Does She Do It?" and brought forward "Livewire" so don't worry.We haven't opened the wrong thread!

mr_kennedy
April 22nd, 2016, 02:08 PM
So started watching this, im really liking it especially since they got rid of the whole "women power" agenda from the first few episodes that was kind of nauseating imo but now its almost got that Smallville feel imo or atleast it would have that smallville feel if given the chance i kinda hope it gets a second season

BTW not trying to start anything but those first 5 episodes were kinda painful and it made Kara, Cat and Alex seem kinda prudish, i know its a show with a female lead but still

just watched episode 13

garhkal
May 19th, 2016, 01:47 PM
With the shift to CW, they are looking to do a massive 4 way crossover now, with SG, Arrow, Flash AND LoT! WOOHOO!!!

aretood2
May 20th, 2016, 05:05 PM
With the shift to CW, they are looking to do a massive 4 way crossover now, with SG, Arrow, Flash AND LoT! WOOHOO!!!

Your choice of acronym made me feel for when this place was active and busy.

garhkal
May 20th, 2016, 05:23 PM
Well, it beats typing it all out...

mr_kennedy
May 21st, 2016, 04:34 PM
Your choice of acronym made me feel for when this place was active and busy.

Its abit sad now huh? :(

LtColCarter
May 23rd, 2016, 11:27 AM
I was watching the Flash last week when I saw that Supergirl was moving to the CW. I'm glad she's continuing on...but why the network switch?

Starsaber
May 23rd, 2016, 12:04 PM
I was watching the Flash last week when I saw that Supergirl was moving to the CW. I'm glad she's continuing on...but why the network switch?
The ratings fell off a lot on CBS and since WB owns CW, there wouldn't be a licensing fee involved. They're also moving production up to Vancouver to save money. The upside of both of those changes is that now we'll have a 4 night crossover event next season rather than the 2 night ones that Flash and Arrow have had the last 2 seasons.

aretood2
May 26th, 2016, 05:28 PM
I think an issue was that the demographic groups watching didn't fit the intended target for CBS. The CW however will be immensely happy with Supergirl and its ratings.

jelgate
May 26th, 2016, 05:57 PM
It was more demos than ratings. In ratings Supergirl did quite well

Annoyed
May 28th, 2016, 12:24 PM
I think an issue was that the demographic groups watching didn't fit the intended target for CBS. The CW however will be immensely happy with Supergirl and its ratings.
IF they don't screw it up.
A show like SG is expensive, and CBS can afford it. I still remember the horror of USA network's attempt to pick up "Airwolf" after CBS dropped it in 1985. No matter how hard I try to forget it.

garhkal
May 28th, 2016, 11:02 PM
True the latter seasons of Airwolf sucked..

aretood2
May 29th, 2016, 10:51 AM
IF they don't screw it up.
A show like SG is expensive, and CBS can afford it. I still remember the horror of USA network's attempt to pick up "Airwolf" after CBS dropped it in 1985. No matter how hard I try to forget it.

No idea what that is.

True the latter seasons of Airwolf sucked..

Aren't you supposed to be more my age?

Annoyed
May 30th, 2016, 04:24 PM
No idea what that is.

Aren't you supposed to be more my age?

"Airwolf" was a sci-fi / military adventure series about a reclusive loner played by Jan Michael Vincent with Ernest Borgnine as his sidekick. Together they used an "appropriated" supersecret high-tech helicopter to carry out supersecret government operations for their handlers, personified by Alex Cord aka "Archangel". It was one of my favorite series of all time, and I have all 3 CBS seasons on DVD

The show ran for 3 years on CBS, 84-86, and was not picked up after season 3.

Afterwards, USA network bought the rights to it and tried to resurrect the series. So it ran for one more year on USA network. But USA in 1987 wasn't CBS. They couldn't afford to make the show. They couldn't afford the talent, the writers or the effects. It was horrible.

Today, this last season of Airwolf is the standard which all horrible retreads are measured against. So far, none has come close to being worse.

Oh, and it just so happens that my current signature pic. is Airwolf herself.

garhkal
June 6th, 2016, 10:35 AM
Well, with it now on the CW, it seems the exes are gonna actually Have clarke make a showing, rather than just the snippets of 'someone looking like it could be clark' we got in S1..

http://deadline.com/2016/06/superman-on-supergirl-season-2-cw-1201767883/

aretood2
June 6th, 2016, 12:29 PM
Well, with it now on the CW, it seems the exes are gonna actually Have clarke make a showing, rather than just the snippets of 'someone looking like it could be clark' we got in S1..

http://deadline.com/2016/06/superman-on-supergirl-season-2-cw-1201767883/

If this pans out to be so, it makes sense. They can't justify not having Superman because of the movies when The Flash is also in the movies. CBS was being idiotic in that regard. Man I have come to truly respect the CW as a channel. They surprised me with The 100 and The Arrow and sense then I just believe that they can deliver. I have high hopes for Supergirl season 2.

mr_kennedy
June 6th, 2016, 02:11 PM
Its a pity they can't just bring back Tom Welling to play Clark he was soo good

aretood2
June 6th, 2016, 06:09 PM
Its a pity they can't just bring back Tom Welling to play Clark he was soo good

I would enjoy that greatly. I feel like a Smallville rewatch.

Krisz
June 8th, 2016, 03:02 PM
I decided to give this show a go despite trying not to think of the terrible 1984 movie effort. I really came to like it, how Supergirl is portrayed as 'human' despite having these powers. I've liked how things don't always happen as she expected them to and how she goes about turning things round. She also doubts herself and this has led to some great moments.

I love how she plays against Kat Grant, their moments are the highlights for me always. This Supergirl has a personality, not just portrayed as a woman with 'powers' going from averting one disaster to another. She has personal disasters too!

I hope it continues to be as entertaining with its move to the CW for its second season as its first season and production values don't drop. If it keeps to the same level as Arrow and The Flash I can live with that. I hope it doesn't end up as lackluster as Legends of Tomorrow though! The characters in that were great when they appeared in Arrow and The Flash but I don't know what's happened to them since they are in their own show!

I've actually enjoyed the fact that Superman didn't make his presence felt in a way as to detract from the story of his cousin. It kept things 'real' in a way in that we as viewers didn't come to expect him to come and bail Kara out of trouble all the time. I hope that any appearance that he makes eventually is reasonable and doesn't belittle Kara's presence in the episode.

I agree Tom Welling would be the choice I'd go for to play Superman. A nice tie in to 'Smallville'. I've only got round to watching the first season of that so far but I've liked what I've seen of him playing Superman.

LtColCarter
June 9th, 2016, 08:55 AM
I agree Tom Welling would be the choice I'd go for to play Superman. A nice tie in to 'Smallville'. I've only got round to watching the first season of that so far but I've liked what I've seen of him playing Superman.

I agree that Tom Welling would be an excellent choice. I wonder if anything has been leaked.

mr_kennedy
July 6th, 2016, 11:54 PM
Even if its just a 4 or 5 episode stint, they just have to get Tom Welling into this at some stage

OT but for sometime now I have also wanted Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen and Justin Heartly's Oliver Queen to meet for sometime as well

Starsaber
July 7th, 2016, 08:16 AM
Even if its just a 4 or 5 episode stint, they just have to get Tom Welling into this at some stage

OT but for sometime now I have also wanted Stephen Amell's Oliver Queen and Justin Heartly's Oliver Queen to meet for sometime as well

My idea for that was that Justin would guest star on Arrow as an actor who would be playing Oliver in a "based on a true story" movie about his time on the island and trying to get to know him.

garhkal
July 7th, 2016, 10:40 AM
Never knew Oli made an appearance in smallville.

aretood2
July 7th, 2016, 01:45 PM
More than an appearance, he played a big role.

mr_kennedy
July 10th, 2016, 08:29 PM
My idea for that was that Justin would guest star on Arrow as an actor who would be playing Oliver in a "based on a true story" movie about his time on the island and trying to get to know him.

I've always just thought it would be a parallel universe but that's not a bad idea either :)

garhkal
August 14th, 2016, 09:10 PM
Well, for S2 of supergirl/S3 of the arrow, they are purportedly going to do a crossover, MUSICAL episode (or two)..

Starsaber
August 17th, 2016, 06:41 AM
Well, for S2 of supergirl/S3 of the arrow, they are purportedly going to do a crossover, MUSICAL episode (or two)..

Flash, not Arrow. And it will be in the second half of the season, not the big 4 night crossover in November/December.

garhkal
August 17th, 2016, 12:38 PM
A big 4 night crossover?? Is that for all 4 shows?

aretood2
August 17th, 2016, 02:50 PM

Scrubs, awesome show btw, did a musical and it worked smashingly. It helped that it was a comedy of sorts. Why? Because they made their own songs. It's always a little off when musicals use actual pop music. I'm worried about the musical.

That said......Miss Martian is going to be on Supergirl :D I really really really hope they play her Character like they did in Young Justice. Also, they need a bit of diversity in types of women personality wise. A Young Justice type Miss Martian would do that just perfectly. I mean...is there much of a difference between Lucy and Alex? Cat is a bit different but not in the same way that Jimmy and Winn and Maxwell are different from each other. I'm starting to feel like a lot of female characters are pretty much the same person, more so than male characters.

And I really liked Miss Martian on that cartoon...>.>

Teddybrown
November 15th, 2016, 09:22 AM
https://youtu.be/QxJvOfYDR_g

First 4 night crossover trailer!

aretood2
November 17th, 2016, 12:43 PM
I'm guessing the DEO helped stop the invasion since they know about aliens. But on Earth-1, no knowledge of them= no plan to stop them thus an invasion. :cool:

garhkal
November 17th, 2016, 09:36 PM
SO its a multi-reality invasion!

aretood2
November 19th, 2016, 10:20 AM
No, just that it happens in more than one parallel universe. Just like the invention of the light bulb has happened on all the depicted Earths.

Teddybrown
November 24th, 2016, 05:24 AM
https://youtu.be/omVm4x5Q-CE

New trailer for the four night event

aretood2
November 24th, 2016, 10:09 AM
I like what I saw. I loved the exchange between Supergirl and "Mr. Burn Baby Burn".

Linda06
December 2nd, 2016, 02:58 PM
In what order is the crossover? Want to make sure the UK get it in the right order when it comes on hre

jelgate
December 2nd, 2016, 04:18 PM
It starts with Supergirl. The end of every episode tells you what show is next. I really loved the crossover even Arrow

Linda06
December 3rd, 2016, 02:25 AM
Thanks Jel. It should be in the correct order as it's not the BBC. I remember when X Files was on years ago (can't remember which season it was) and the episodes were all arse for elbow. It was so confusing

Teddybrown
January 8th, 2017, 11:53 AM
http://cultfix.co.uk/every-arrowverse-show-renewed-for-2017-18-31906.htm
Renewed for season 3

garhkal
January 8th, 2017, 01:30 PM
And this is what happens when you move something away from NBC!!! TAKE THAT suckkas!

jelgate
January 8th, 2017, 04:02 PM
It was CBS and its all the same to them since CBS owns the CW

garhkal
January 8th, 2017, 09:44 PM
Rats. For some strange reason i was thinking it was nbc..

And i didn't know CBS owns CW..

Starsaber
January 9th, 2017, 06:06 AM
Rats. For some strange reason i was thinking it was nbc..

And i didn't know CBS owns CW..

Yeah, CBS and Warner Brothers own CW.

pjt
March 1st, 2017, 02:13 PM
http://www.tvguide.com/news/supergirl-rahul-kohli-jack-spheer-biomax/

Rahul Kohli, iZombie star and noted DC enthusiast, will play a potential comic book villain on Supergirl.
Kohli will guest-star in Episode 18 as Jack Spheer, a tech genius whose latest medical innovation, if successful, will eradicate major illnesses, Entertainment Weekly reports. Jack travels to National City to show off his invention to the press, including Kara (Melissa Benoist) and Snapper Carr (Ian Gomez). But his work trip also forces Jack to face his feelings for his ex, Lena Luthor (Katie McGrath).

Okay...

Annoyed
March 1st, 2017, 02:58 PM
Ya know, I think we've found where all those out-of-work soap opera writers got jobs. Now the guest villain and the resident villain have to be dating?

I get it. When this show moved to CW, they did a lot of whiz-bang in the first few eps. They wanted to attract attention and they probably blew a good portion of the season's effects budget early on, so they have to cut that down now. It's cheaper to have actors/actresses act like lovesick puppies.

At least I hope that's it. As this continuing expansion of the relationship stuff keeps up, I'm losing interest in the show.

jelgate
March 1st, 2017, 06:36 PM
Me thinks Annoyed doesn't know what a real soap opera is

pjt
March 2nd, 2017, 04:37 AM
Me thinks Annoyed doesn't know what a real soap opera is

Well, compared to SG-1, with 10 seasons of subtext, almost everything seems like a soap opera.
However if I'd let myself be bothered by it, then the Mon-El Seeks A Girlfriend show would annoy me. But I won't let it, because I still like the rest.
(Especially that funny part when the writers try to convince people that Lena Luthor had a boyfriend. Is he... Does he have a beard?)

Falcon Horus
March 18th, 2017, 05:51 AM
I'm looking to replicate Alex' alien weapon from season 2 "Supergirl Lives".

Anyone have any high res shots they are willing to share? Or any idea whether there are promo shots of the thing?
Or any idea on what it's based or heck even concept drawings.

pjt
March 18th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Here's one, but it's a gif
https://68.media.tumblr.com/e25e4dd9800831991e312ff3cce5a545/tumblr_omkb3rTU121qfcrrfo2_500.gif
Another one (with the dibs)
https://68.media.tumblr.com/128910bf7ee260412e17d9257e7935ab/tumblr_ok9q1qLHga1qbwsnso8_r2_540.gif
Then from IMDB:
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/M/MV5BZWY2MjQyOTYt[email protected] ._V1_.jpg

Falcon Horus
March 18th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Gifs are fine. Thanks. :)

garhkal
March 18th, 2017, 08:41 PM
So anyone looking forward to this upcomming weeks Supergirl/flash Musical crossover?

pjt
March 19th, 2017, 01:31 AM
So anyone looking forward to this upcomming weeks Supergirl/flash Musical crossover?

I do. It will be like last time, a regular Supergirl episode tied into a crossover Flash one. By the promos, it looks much more interesting than Mon-El being outed as [insert shocked smiley here] the Prince of Daxam.
Victor Garber and John Barrowman will sing too, besides the Glee folk.

Linda06
March 19th, 2017, 07:52 AM
By the promos, it looks much more interesting than Mon-El being outed as [insert shocked smiley here] the Prince of Daxam.

Worse kept secret EVER :lol:

I am becoming increasingly frustrated with the show as gthe season s went on. It's got to the point that the only thing that's kept me watching this long is Lena Luthor. she's the best thing to happen in season 2 and the only reason I haven't given up the show yet. But if it continues the way it's going in season 3 then even Lena won't be able to keep me watching

pjt
March 19th, 2017, 08:16 AM
Well, while Alex is in the show, I'll watch it for sure, no matter how many guys they try to throw at Kara, I'll just blatantly ignore it, and focus on Alex. Well, Alex and her gun. I ship them, I'm a proud #gunvers shipper. :D

Linda06
March 19th, 2017, 09:01 AM
Well, while Alex is in the show, I'll watch it for sure, no matter how many guys they try to throw at Kara, I'll just blatantly ignore it, and focus on Alex. Well, Alex and her gun. I ship them, I'm a proud #gunvers shipper. :D

Oh Alex and her new gun. She is so in love :p And Kara and OJ is another :D

I'm just so fed-up with the Kara/Alex neglect as the season has progressed, it's only Lena that has kept me watching so far

aretood2
March 19th, 2017, 09:10 AM

That's part of the reason why I enjoyed Alex. Now they also need to work on #Maggun ship :P

pjt
March 19th, 2017, 12:59 PM
Oh Alex and her new gun. She is so in love :p And Kara and OJ is another :D

I'm just so fed-up with the Kara/Alex neglect as the season has progressed, it's only Lena that has kept me watching so far

Well, I don't know about others, but as close I was with my half sisters, when I met my now significant other, started living together, then had children, we kind of ended seeing each other less and less. Even more seldom since they have kids too.

You have a day job, you want to go home and tell your partner what a good, or disastrous day you had. And you may also call you siblings, or get together on a Friday evening dinner, or a Saturday afternoon get together, with lots of food, an occasional beers, but the point is, a significant other is that for a reason. He or she can't come after your siblings, because they aren't that significant, are they?

I miss the Kara/Alex potsticker eating, pillow throwing moments, but unless we pretend that Alex and Maggie are not in a serious relationship, and what I get coming of the screen is that they are, then they get to be the ones to hear the good news first, and be the ones to console the other in case of bad news.

Falcon Horus
March 19th, 2017, 02:05 PM
I have the kind of relationship Alex has with Kara, and vice versa before there were significant others, with my sister.

We share a flat so that adds to the way we are but still. I can imagine if either of us were to meet someone that that would certainly change our dynamic towards each other, so I kinda feel like this is another natural progression in the Danvers' sister relationship. They will always be sisters who'll stick up for one another (see last episode) but there are others now in their lives which they are getting close to as well, sharing love and life. Ride or die!

Linda06
March 19th, 2017, 04:46 PM
This is a TV show, not real life and the sister relationship was the best thing about the show IMO. Now that it's almost no existent the show is suffering badly to me and it's frustrating that the writers are incapable of writing more than one meaningful relationship at a time. They could find a balance between the Alex/Maggie relationship and Alex/Kara relationship. They've either stopped caring about Alex/Kara or they are incapable of doing both

Falcon Horus
March 20th, 2017, 01:38 AM
There was a rather interesting dynamic in Homecoming. :p

Gatefan1976
March 20th, 2017, 01:49 AM
Jeezus folks, the whole thing is contrived, just like Smallville.
SG could do with some better writers, sure, so could nearly every damn show on the air............

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Jeezus folks, the whole thing is contrived, just like Smallville.

I totally disagree. Smallville's inhabitants were so inherently backwards, that I just stopped watching it after Season 1. I mean come on, how many times people need to see that Clark and the what-they-called-it are never together in the same place? Or how many head injuries, pixies, wizards, warlocks and loose magic is needed for them to forget they found him out??? Ugh, rant over, sorry. At least Lois & Clark did put a lampshade on it when they called Lois the most galactically stupid person on Earth.

So is Supergirl contrived? I believe after watching an invincible person flying because of yellow sun the rest comes easily.

This is a TV show, not real life and the sister relationship was the best thing about the show IMO.

Yes, this is a TV show, but particularly Alex's story, her coming out story was really true to life, I've heard many many people saying how it did hit home, how it made them relive their coming out feelings.

So yes, it's a tacky show about a flying alien girl, and the contrived villains of the week, but on the other hand it does tackle some very serious issues like sexism, equal rights, migrants, refugees, homophobia, etc.

It's far from being perfect, I say that they have majorly effed up the whole Mon-hell redemption story line, and instead we got a toxic relationship, when the prince of Mysoginistia constantly fails to treat Supergirl as an equal, and she still loves him and forgives him.

Falcon Horus
March 20th, 2017, 05:55 AM
*hides behind Alex*

I actually like the writing on Supergirl.

Please, don't hurt me.

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 06:18 AM
*hides behind Alex*

Please, don't hurt me.

She'll protect you.
https://68.media.tumblr.com/8c722910f1de10b7547c058f81caa346/tumblr_omrfts4Y7g1vk9xs6o1_500.gif

(Erm, did you kinda imply I was a tiny bit overzealous?)

Falcon Horus
March 20th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I simply don't want to end up on Alex' opposite side, cause she's bad-ass. :p

garhkal
March 20th, 2017, 11:32 AM
So yes, it's a tacky show about a flying alien girl, and the contrived villains of the week, but on the other hand it does tackle some very serious issues like sexism, equal rights, migrants, refugees, homophobia, etc.

And that imo is why a lot of people are turned off.. They are turning a superhero show into a political diatribe.

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 11:53 AM
And that imo is why a lot of people are turned off.. They are turning a superhero show into a political diatribe.

It's a great media for that. And please elaborate on the "a lot of people are turned off". It's the CW's second biggest show, and The Flash lost more viewers from season 2 to season 3, and it's a pure vanilla superhero show.

Falcon Horus
March 20th, 2017, 12:17 PM
Oh, I love the political jabs so much. :p

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 12:37 PM
:D
By the way, to all interested parties: Chyler Leigh has just taken over Yahoo TV's Instagram. Looks like a big promotion thingy... stuff...
https://www.instagram.com/yahootv/

(Having there a picture of Buffy didn't help either ;) )

Gatefan1976
March 20th, 2017, 03:58 PM
I totally disagree. Smallville's inhabitants were so inherently backwards, that I just stopped watching it after Season 1. I mean come on, how many times people need to see that Clark and the what-they-called-it are never together in the same place? Or how many head injuries, pixies, wizards, warlocks and loose magic is needed for them to forget they found him out??? Ugh, rant over, sorry. At least Lois & Clark did put a lampshade on it when they called Lois the most galactically stupid person on Earth.

And no one has worked out that Kara and Supergirl are the same, and are never in the same place either. You can't pick on one show for it's craziness and ignore it in the other, it's ridiculous.
I'm not ragging on SG, I like all of the CW superhero shows (including SV, despite it's crazy antics), I am just saying it's hardly a tight, brilliant show without flaws, just like most shows on TV. It's like Stargate, it has some truly brilliant moments, but that's all they are, moments.

So is Supergirl contrived? I believe after watching an invincible person flying because of yellow sun the rest comes easily.

Being contrived is not always a bad thing you know............

Yes, this is a TV show, but particularly Alex's story, her coming out story was really true to life, I've heard many many people saying how it did hit home, how it made them relive their coming out feelings.

Yes, it was a great, well handled series of moments, the back and forth between Alex and Maggie, the very real concerns about acceptance that plague same sex couples, the different places they are at concerning their sexuality, the bad experience Maggie had being outed and getting over that with Alex, it's all good stuff, useful stuff and sometimes powerful stuff.

Sure, and it should be applauded for it, but that does make it immune to fair criticism, does it?

It's far from being perfect, I say that they have majorly effed up the whole Mon-hell redemption story line, and instead we got a toxic relationship, when the prince of Mysoginistia constantly fails to treat Supergirl as an equal, and she still loves him and forgives him.
That is painful to watch, to be sure, and a glaring example of what I am talking about.

Gatefan1976
March 20th, 2017, 03:58 PM
*hides behind Alex*

Please, don't hurt me.
You know me better than that :P

Falcon Horus
March 20th, 2017, 04:15 PM
You know me better than that :P

I do.

Also, I love it when Maggie tells Alex she knows about Kara and Supergirl, and how the glasses aren't really working.

I'm like -- nope, they're not. :p
However, James says at one point in season 1 that Cat won't recognize her (although I'm fairly certain she did) cause she doesn't see Kara. I mean, if you're not interesting enough people really don't pay attention to your persona.

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 04:16 PM
And no one has worked out that Kara and Supergirl are the same, and are never in the same place either. You can't pick on one show for it's craziness and ignore it in the other, it's ridiculous.
I'm not ragging on SG, I like all of the CW superhero shows (including SV, despite it's crazy antics), I am just saying it's hardly a tight, brilliant show without flaws, just like most shows on TV. It's like Stargate, it has some truly brilliant moments, but that's all they are, moments.

Let's see. At least two nobodies found our themselves. Then Kara told Winn, James already knew, now the whole DEO knows. She also told Lucy, and I bet Lena knows too. Have I left somebody out?
Bottom line she can fool those who see either Kara or Supergirl regularly, and not those who see her as both regularly. I'm even sure Lucy would have found out if she weren't so bent over backwards being jealous of both the same time.

That is painful to watch, to be sure, and a glaring example of what I am talking about.

And I'm not denying it is. I'm sorry Smallville was a show of a different era, and I was looking for something in it that wasn't supposed to be there. It was a big disappointment, just like Supergirl was a big surprise for me. So I took your comparison a bit harsh, even if you've never meant it.

IMHO Supergirl is handling the whole "hero blindness" issue on a much more acceptable level, than all the old shows did. It's hard to toe the line between her posting "I'm Supergirl" on FB, and a whole town being apparently mentally challenged and taking them ten years for the light bulb to light up.

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 04:17 PM
I do.

Also, I love it when Maggie tells Alex she knows about Kara and Supergirl, and how the glasses aren't really working.

However, James says at one point in season 1 that Cat won't recognize her (although I'm fairly certain she did) cause she doesn't see Kara. I mean, if you're not interesting enough people really don't pay attention to your persona.

Well Cat did, and J'onn had to put on a skirt to fool her. :D

Linda06
March 20th, 2017, 04:28 PM
I liked the Alex coming out story, and I liked Alex/Maggie. But not at the expense of Kara/Alex. Don't even get me started on the Mon-Ew debacle. If they had better writers maybe they could have found a balance between the two relationships that could have worked for everyone. But I guess that's too much to ask for. So while it's good for Sanvers moving forward it's bye bye Kara/Alex.

Also why would anyone think the Kara/Mon-El relationship is healthy? Hell I would prefer Kara/James, even if they didn't have any chemistry

And they done a pretty good job developing Kara/Supergirl in season 1 to grow and be a strong, independent woman. Season 2 it's like the opposite

pjt
March 20th, 2017, 04:38 PM
Also why would anyone think the Kara/Mon-El relationship is healthy? Hell I would prefer Kara/James, even if they didn't have any chemistry

Yeah, I blamed poor Mehcad for the lack of chemistry, but I've just realized, Melissa can't have chemistry with guys, just as Katie can't play any character straight. :D

And they done a pretty good job developing Kara/Supergirl in season 1 to grow and be a strong, independent woman. Season 2 it's like the opposite

Well, the season's not over yet. That's what I always say. It can all be a lesson to Kara, just as well they might eff it up totally. I won't judge until this arc ends, presumably at the end of the season. I just can't imagine Kara as a stay at home mom with six half Daxamite, half Kryptonian kids, while his husband works at the superhero mill, and in the evenings sits at home in a wife beater while drinking alien booze.

Gatefan1976
March 20th, 2017, 06:03 PM
I do.

Yeah, that was some shoe-horning going on :P (Clark pulled off the same deal really)
I do think that they "let" Cat realise it before she left the show, but beforehand they did sort of push the "Kara is invisible" schtick quite a bit, even when Cat started to open up to her.

Gatefan1976
March 20th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Let's see. At least two nobodies found our themselves. Then Kara told Winn, James already knew, now the whole DEO knows. She also told Lucy, and I bet Lena knows too. Have I left somebody out?

Would you like a list of people who knew Clark was the Blue/red blur in Smallville? Some of them are one off nobodies as well...............

Bottom line she can fool those who see either Kara or Supergirl regularly, and not those who see her as both regularly. I'm even sure Lucy would have found out if she weren't so bent over backwards being jealous of both the same time.

Sure.

And I'm not denying it is. I'm sorry Smallville was a show of a different era, and I was looking for something in it that wasn't supposed to be there. It was a big disappointment, just like Supergirl was a big surprise for me. So I took your comparison a bit harsh, even if you've never meant it.

What were you looking for in Smallville?
As for my comparison being harsh, is it really that harsh? You like SG more, cool, awesome, I am glad you like the show. I like SV and SG, I just never had any real hopes for either because "Super-X" is a -really- hard thing to pull off well because, well, it's hard to deal with a character who can basically squash anything you put in front of them. I too am pleasantly surprised by SG, it's a good superhero show. I think there are -better- ones out there (Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Gotham spring to mind), but I never expected much from it. I like Charmed as well, but I never expected much from it either, it was just a bit of fun.

IMHO Supergirl is handling the whole "hero blindness" issue on a much more acceptable level, than all the old shows did. It's hard to toe the line between her posting "I'm Supergirl" on FB, and a whole town being apparently mentally challenged and taking them ten years for the light bulb to light up.
There are a few eps of SV where the "rank and file" realise there is something hinky about Clark, and it doesn't take 10 years for them to do it. I just don't see the difference in the Hero blindness as much as you do, that's all :)

garhkal
March 20th, 2017, 10:56 PM
It's a great media for that. Is it??

IMO that is more fitting for something like the Lifetime network.. Not a network that seems to be devoted to super=hero/supernatural shows..

Gatefan1976
March 20th, 2017, 11:09 PM
IMO that is more fitting for something like the Lifetime network.. Not a network that seems to be devoted to super=hero/supernatural shows..
The CW??
It's mainly a channel for teens and young adults, so they cover issues that might affect their primary base.
Neither you, nor I are part of that primary base.

Falcon Horus
March 21st, 2017, 01:28 AM
Rewatched The Martian Chronicles last night (as part of my Alex alien gun research) and they touch upon the lack of Alex/Kara moments, which is very touching. I forgot.

Well Cat did, and J'onn had to put on a skirt to fool her. :D

Which he thought was kinda likeable, the skirt I mean. :p

The CW??
It's mainly a channel for teens and young adults, so they cover issues that might affect their primary base.
Neither you, nor I are part of that primary base.

Hence why I thought The 100 was just going to be another teen-show, and why I was reluctant to give it a try even though the premise fascinated me greatly. I'm glad I did cause I was pleasantly surprisde.

And also, for the record...

I like Mon-El.
Yes, he's hiding a secret (and I haven't seen the last episode so shhh -- don't tell ;)) but I really like the character.

Annoyed
March 21st, 2017, 03:26 AM
Hence why I thought The 100 was just going to be another teen-show, and why I was reluctant to give it a try even though the premise fascinated me greatly. I'm glad I did cause I was pleasantly surprisde
My thoughts as well, I expected it to be a kid's show, but they behaved relatively well.

Linda06
March 21st, 2017, 12:56 PM
Yeah, I blamed poor Mehcad for the lack of chemistry, but I've just realized, Melissa can't have chemistry with guys, just as Katie can't play any character straight. :D

If they wanted Lena completely straight they cast the wrong actress in the part :lol:

Well, the season's not over yet. That's what I always say. It can all be a lesson to Kara, just as well they might eff it up totally. I won't judge until this arc ends, presumably at the end of the season. I just can't imagine Kara as a stay at home mom with six half Daxamite, half Kryptonian kids, while his husband works at the superhero mill, and in the evenings sits at home in a wife beater while drinking alien booze.

I have lost faith that these writers actually know what they're doing. This season has been a bit of a mess

garhkal
March 21st, 2017, 08:40 PM
If they wanted Lena completely straight they cast the wrong actress in the part :lol:

Why is the actress bi or lesbian?

Gatefan1976
March 21st, 2017, 08:57 PM
Let's eat Grandma?

Linda06
March 22nd, 2017, 12:29 AM

No idea. She just rarely plays parts completely straight :lol: and she's a natural flirt :p

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2017, 01:29 AM
Katie McGrath will always be Morgana for me though (whom I secretely shipped with Gwen). :p

However, she's deliciously awesome as Lena. :D

Linda06
March 22nd, 2017, 06:41 AM
The Luthors are the best thing to happen to season 2.

I mean who doesn't like Lena

pjt
March 22nd, 2017, 07:31 AM
The Luthors are the best thing to happen to season 2.

I mean who doesn't like Lena

Her mom?

Linda06
March 22nd, 2017, 10:06 AM
Her mom?

:lol: yep I walked right into that one

Linda06
March 22nd, 2017, 11:48 AM
There's a lots things floating around about Katie McGrath becoming a series regular in season 3. Just when I was ready to give up on the show too *shakes head*

pjt
March 22nd, 2017, 11:55 AM
There's a lots things floating around about Katie McGrath becoming a series regular in season 3.

[Please, please, please, pretty please...]

garhkal
March 22nd, 2017, 12:26 PM
No idea. She just rarely plays parts completely straight :lol: and she's a natural flirt :p

Ahh.. Maybe she got typecasted into the "always needs to be not completely straight" type role??

pjt
March 22nd, 2017, 12:49 PM
‘Supergirl’: Katie McGrath Promoted To Series Regular For Season 3
http://deadline.com/2017/03/supergirl-katie-mcgrath-promoted-series-regular-season-3-lena-luthor-the-cw-1202048294/

Ahh.. Maybe she got typecasted into the "always needs to be not completely straight" type role??

She just has good chemistry with female co-stars, nothing more. (Just like Melissa has not that good chemistry with male ones.)

Falcon Horus
March 22nd, 2017, 04:09 PM
Can I just say I miss hearing Katie's Irish accent. Although, it occasionally makes a sneaky appearance. :D

But yay, so happy she'll be a regular. :D

Linda06
March 22nd, 2017, 05:03 PM

I think that's all her :p I think if she spoke to a plant it'd come across as flirty :lol:

Can I just say I miss hearing Katie's Irish accent. Although, it occasionally makes a sneaky appearance. :D

But yay, so happy she'll be a regular. :D

Damn, now I'll have to keep watching the show. Oh well. Katie will make it more bearable at least :D

I wish they could have kept her accent

garhkal
March 22nd, 2017, 10:22 PM
I think that's all her :p I think if she spoke to a plant it'd come across as flirty :lol:

I've known a few ladies like that when i was in... Always sounded like they were flirting no matter who they were tlking to...

Gatefan1976
March 22nd, 2017, 11:11 PM
Got burned did you?

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2017, 12:49 AM

I wish I could be the plant.

pjt
March 23rd, 2017, 01:16 AM
I wish I were a bonsai tree...

Gatefan1976
March 23rd, 2017, 01:53 AM
I wish I was the meat in the sandwich............

pjt
March 23rd, 2017, 02:15 AM
https://68.media.tumblr.com/4246663c0172ad37d3d02f44e8bc7d2a/tumblr_on59fkC1Mz1vhslgqo3_540.gif

Gatefan1976
March 23rd, 2017, 02:21 AM
Hey, if everyone can express their homosexual fantasies, I can express my heterosexual fantasies.

Or are they somehow more "dirty"??

pjt
March 23rd, 2017, 02:38 AM
Or are they somehow more "dirty"??

I hope not! But it was just a joke, with the appropriate gif available. ;)

Falcon Horus
March 23rd, 2017, 04:33 AM
:lol:

I'm so Winn. :p

Linda06
March 23rd, 2017, 04:40 AM
Oh good grief what have I started :lol:

pjt
March 23rd, 2017, 05:57 AM
Oh good grief what have I started :lol:

It was Katie, I saw it!

garhkal
March 23rd, 2017, 11:48 AM
Got burned did you?

Nope. BUT one of them did, when she tried crying sexual harassment on a superior she couldn't 'flirt' into giving her the high marks on her eval, which made her miss out on a promotion.. ALL cause she was known for doing it, when the claim came up, no one believed her...

aretood2
March 23rd, 2017, 01:07 PM
Here's the deal. I Found MR. Terrific's relationship much more compelling in Arrow than I do Alex's here...I think the writers aren't that good with relationships in this show.

Linda06
March 23rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Here's the deal. I Found MR. Terrific's relationship much more compelling in Arrow than I do Alex's here...I think the writers aren't that good with relationships in this show.

Ain't that the truth.

Is it weird that Kara has much more chemistry with her friends (Winn, Barry, Lena) than with so called love interests? :rolleyes:

I'm so glad they're making Katie a regular, it gives me a reason to watch season 3

Falcon Horus
March 24th, 2017, 01:32 AM
Well, I'm seeing it all differently... :D

Gatefan1976
March 24th, 2017, 01:36 AM

Are you "pitying da fool" who screwed up Mr T's relationship?

Falcon Horus
March 24th, 2017, 02:52 AM
Are you "pitying da fool" who screwed up Mr T's relationship?

No, Mr T.'s relationship is non-existant. I mean, we heard a lot about the husband but never got to see him, and then we did, and then they broke them up. It's more worthy of the age old "look, we have a same-sex relationship, and now we kill it off". The 100 killed the actual character -- that's even worse.

I generally am not a fan of relationships on screen -- and I certainly don't go looking for it. But Alex' works (hey Chy's husband picked out her on-screen girlfriend :p). Karamel (oddest name ever), I like as well. A lot of viewers don't seem to like Mon-El very much, but I do. I guess that helps.

garhkal
March 24th, 2017, 01:58 PM
No, Mr T.'s relationship is non-existant. I mean, we heard a lot about the husband but never got to see him, and then we did, and then they broke them up. It's more worthy of the age old "look, we have a same-sex relationship, and now we kill it off". The 100 killed the actual character -- that's even worse..

Mr Terrific's beau we DID get to see in several eps.

Gatefan1976
March 24th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Mr Terrific's beau we DID get to see in several eps.

Yep, he was in quite a few eps before Curtis became Mr T.

Falcon Horus
March 24th, 2017, 03:46 PM
And what do we know of him, of Paul?

jelgate
March 24th, 2017, 05:14 PM
If anything Kara had been annoying me a lot this season.

Gatefan1976
March 24th, 2017, 05:26 PM
And what do we know of him, of Paul?

Not a great deal, what do we know of Lyla?

aretood2
March 25th, 2017, 06:40 AM
Maggie: She's a detective. She's gay. Her gayness was not accepted by her Latin family, and she's from a small town. That's it. Most of it is surprisingly centered on her gayness.

Linda06
March 25th, 2017, 08:47 AM

I really don't like the Kara/Mon-El relationship because of various reasons. IMO young girls who watch this show shouldn't aspire to this type of relationship. It's unheslthy IMO

Love your sig BTW. I miss the sister relationship. Doesn't look like we're gonna get it back any time soon unfortunately, if ever :(

If anything Kara had been annoying me a lot this season.

I hate what they have done to her character this season, after such a wonderful first season with her. They've stripped her character down to next to nothing. It's become so bad that I was ready to throw in the towel and then they had to go announce Katie McGrath being promoted to series regular. That's just cruel.Now I have no choice but to stick with it.

They should rename it Supergirl 90210 :lol:

Is it CBS that owns CW? If so does that mean CBS is the mature grown-up and CW is the dreaded teenager?

jelgate
March 25th, 2017, 09:25 AM
I don't think we dislike her for the same reasons. I find her being arrogant and self-centred

Falcon Horus
March 25th, 2017, 10:59 AM
Went shopping today. Found the perfect match to the shirt the DEO agents wear -- it's a rather expensive thermal undershirt by Icebreaker. Makes a perfect addition to my hiking gear too. :D Gonna love wearing it.

Not a great deal, what do we know of Lyla?

A great deal more than we do of Paul.

Annoyed
March 25th, 2017, 12:05 PM
They should rename it Supergirl 90210 :lol:

Is it CBS that owns CW? If so does that mean CBS is the mature grown-up and CW is the dreaded teenager?
That title suggestion is completely appropriate. :(

The CW as the dreaded teenager, I'm not so sure of. "The 100" is a CW show, and the pack of teenagers in that have behaved in a mostly adult manner.

Linda06
March 25th, 2017, 12:33 PM
I don't think we dislike her for the same reasons. I find her being arrogant and self-centred

I thought season 1 Kara, the way she grew to become a confident and independent young woman a breath of fresh air. Then they ruin all that in season 2 by making her all lovesick for an egotistical fratboy that never listens and keeps secrets from her. Also the way they've isolated her from her friends and sister is becoming frustrating. In season 1 during the black mercy thing Alex told us Kara's job meant everything to her. Gave her a sense of normalcy so her friends done all they coulkd to protect her job, now in season 2 all she cares about is Supergirl and Mon-El? It's like they took season 1 and flipped it around to do the complete opposite in season 2 :rolleyes: Spoilers for Supergirl/Flash crossoverAt the end of Supergirl she was so mad at Mon-El for the lies that she told him she deserved better or something to that effect. In the Flash she's like everything is forgiven. Guess she doesn't deserve better after all *facepalm* I'm starting to think she has split pe3rsonality disorder, or is actually a white martian. It would certainly explain a lot this season. As for Alex/Maggie. Initially I thought the coming out was handled quite well and liked them together but it seems like they're now just the token gay couple on the show, pushed into scenes for no apparent reason other than to have the gay couple have a few seconds screen time to kep some folks happy. There doesn't seem to be any real direction where they're going with this.

I also can't believe i'm saying this but I miss James :( I wasn't a lover of the guardian angle but I'd much rather have him than Mon-El. That guy is really starting to irritate me

On a sad note, it'll be a month before we get to see Lena again? I don't think I'll watch next week episode so it'll be a long wait

It is unfortunately. I just hope they reaalise what they've done and try fix some of it in season 3 or I can't see them getting renewed for a fourth season

The CW as the dreaded teenager, I'm not so sure of. "The 100" is a CW show, and the pack of teenagers in that have behaved in a mostly adult manner.

You have a point there. I guess I'm getting fed-up with the romance drama on The Flash and Suoergirl. Arrow seems to be behaving in that respects lately and I haven't seen the last couple of eps in Legends but that doesn't seem that bad either

Falcon Horus
March 25th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Why does a relationship have to go anywhere?
Can't it just be a relationship between two people? With ups and downs? Like you know, relationships go (or so I've heard since I have no experience with that).

aretood2
March 25th, 2017, 12:41 PM

The 100 is their attempt to expand their viewer base. Same thing with the DC shows, though Supergirl came with a preset target audience, they didn't change that. That said, The 100's premise makes conventional relationship tropes rather difficult as opposed to Arrow and the other DC shows.

Annoyed
March 25th, 2017, 07:02 PM
You have a point there. I guess I'm getting fed-up with the romance drama on The Flash and Suoergirl. Arrow seems to be behaving in that respects lately and I haven't seen the last couple of eps in Legends but that doesn't seem that bad either
I am more than fed up with it. I don't watch this type of show for relationship content.
I started watching Supergirl because of my interest in the Superman franchise overall (except "Lois and Clark" I think it was, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?, too much teenage crap). S1 was pretty good, but as you note, this season is an emo pit.
The only exposure to the other CW shows in this stable are the crossover episodes they've done this year, and they did not entice to continue watching Flash or anything else, too much teen angst for my taste. I got out of Jr. High school a long time back and have no wish to return.

Linda06
March 26th, 2017, 06:27 AM
I am more than fed up with it. I don't watch this type of show for relationship content.
I started watching Supergirl because of my interest in the Superman franchise overall (except "Lois and Clark" I think it was, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?, too much teenage crap). S1 was pretty good, but as you note, this season is an emo pit.
The only exposure to the other CW shows in this stable are the crossover episodes they've done this year, and they did not entice to continue watching Flash or anything else, too much teen angst for my taste. I got out of Jr. High school a long time back and have no wish to return.

I don't mind romance in shows, but no when it's taking over the show to the detriment of everything else. Have it there but have it more in the background instead of banging us over the head with it. Supergirl and the flash have become so tedious this season. I think Arrow has toned it down a bit thankfully but I'd like to see Supergirl get back to what made it so good in season 1. For whatever reason they've lost their way in season 2

https://medium.com/@its42wallabyway/where-supergirl-went-wrong-cacc831f0e5#.j77ls9wxd

Annoyed
March 26th, 2017, 06:45 AM
I don't mind romance in shows, but no when it's taking over the show to the detriment of everything else. Have it there but have it more in the background instead of banging us over the head with it. Supergirl and the flash have become so tedious this season. I think Arrow has toned it down a bit thankfully but I'd like to see Supergirl get back to what made it so good in season 1. For whatever reason they've lost their way in season 2

https://medium.com/@its42wallabyway/where-supergirl-went-wrong-cacc831f0e5#.j77ls9wxd

I rather suspect the "reason" translates to "disposable income". Advertisers want young skulls full of mush whom they can get to buy whatever their selling, and CW wants to show them children who are facing same social problem these kids have in their own lives to attract this audience.

Falcon Horus
March 26th, 2017, 07:36 AM
...(except "Lois and Clark" I think it was, with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher?, too much teenage crap)....

The only Superman show I ever watched on a regular basis.

jelgate
March 26th, 2017, 07:57 AM
I suspect fans are making a big deal out of little things because they do that

Falcon Horus
March 26th, 2017, 08:11 AM
I suspect fans are making a big deal out of little things because they do that

Isn't that part of the definition of a fan. :p

jelgate
March 26th, 2017, 08:23 AM
Not all fans

aretood2
March 26th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Some just like to blow wind all over the place.

jelgate
March 26th, 2017, 11:08 AM
*cough*Linda*cough*

Linda06
March 26th, 2017, 12:58 PM
The only Superman show I ever watched on a regular basis.

Is that the one with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher? I liked that show

Some just like to blow wind all over the place.

Well it's better out than in :D

*cough*Linda*cough*

When's the next ep with Lena? Is it in 3 weeks tomorrow?

Falcon Horus
March 26th, 2017, 01:10 PM
Is that the one with Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher? I liked that show.

The only other Superman and Lois Lane I know. :p

Linda06
March 26th, 2017, 01:31 PM
The only other Superman and Lois Lane I know. :p

Right :o

Linda06
March 27th, 2017, 10:27 PM
Why is there a months break? I can't wait a whole month to see my Lena :(

jelgate
March 28th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Why is there a months break? I can't wait a whole month to see my Lena :(

Only 22 episode for a 9 month season

Linda06
March 28th, 2017, 11:39 AM
Only 22 episode for a 9 month season

So the networks have a break at certain points?

Linda06
March 31st, 2017, 05:08 AM
http://www.spoilertv.com/2017/03/performers-of-month-february-winner_30.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter&m=1

Katie McGrath has done a brilliant job as Lena Luthor :D

Linda06
April 11th, 2017, 11:27 AM
http://tvline.com/2017/04/11/supergirl-season-2-interview-katie-mcgrath-lena-luthor/

Falcon Horus
June 11th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Probably a long shot but...

...is there anyone in here who could tell me the type of holster the DEO agents are wearing to keep their Glock 17/19's holstered in?

Teddybrown
July 23rd, 2017, 03:07 AM
https://youtu.be/WIC5mq3hzm0

Comic Con trailer

garhkal
July 23rd, 2017, 10:58 AM
So who was that threatening Ms luthor?

Falcon Horus
July 23rd, 2017, 11:06 AM
So who was that threatening Ms luthor?

According to one article I read, Adrian Pasdar (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) who will be playing a big real-estate character with no conscience, and he'll piss off Lena. Can't remember his character's name though.

jelgate
July 23rd, 2017, 02:41 PM
Who is going to tell Linda that Mon-El will be back

Falcon Horus
July 23rd, 2017, 03:33 PM
Who is going to tell Linda that Mon-El will be back

Not me.

I'm too biased -- I love the guy! And Karamel. :p

jelgate
July 23rd, 2017, 04:04 PM
I can do it. I've been tormenting Linda for almost decade

I had to google that. I didn't know it had a shipping name

Falcon Horus
July 23rd, 2017, 04:34 PM
I had to google that. I didn't know it had a shipping name

Took me a while to figure out they weren't talking about candy. :p

garhkal
July 23rd, 2017, 11:36 PM
According to one article I read, Adrian Pasdar (Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.) who will be playing a big real-estate character with no conscience, and he'll piss off Lena. Can't remember his character's name though.

Hm.. Liked him in Heroes, had a love-hate thing for his character, General Talbot in shield.. Not sure playing a pure baddie is for him though.

Falcon Horus
July 24th, 2017, 01:39 AM
Hm.. Liked him in Heroes...

LOL!! And you finally make me realize that's where I know him from when I first saw him on SHIELD. :p Doh!

Starsaber
July 24th, 2017, 06:39 AM

Morgan Edge.

Falcon Horus
July 24th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Morgan Edge.

Thanks. :)

garhkal
July 24th, 2017, 12:50 PM
LOL!! And you finally make me realize that's where I know him from when I first saw him on SHIELD. :p Doh!

Glad to help.. And yes, as Bigger brother Patrelli in heroes, i actually liked him.. Though his going 'dark' in season 4 (with taking up the family business in running the firm, capturing and illegally locking up fellow "heroes), did turn him off me for a while..

Teddybrown
July 29th, 2017, 08:50 AM
Its funny seeing him without the SHIELD moustache

Gen. Chris
July 31st, 2017, 05:00 PM
Did season 2 ever get better? I thought the first couple episodes were okay and then the plot direction and the focus went awfully wrong in my opinion.

I still need to watch it before season 3 but I don't want to rush through it if the writing is not as good as it should be.

aretood2
July 31st, 2017, 05:27 PM
Did season 2 ever get better? I thought the first couple episodes were okay and then the plot direction and the focus went awfully wrong in my opinion.

I still need to watch it before season 3 but I don't want to rush through it if the writing is not as good as it should be.

Supergirl?

Gen. Chris
August 1st, 2017, 09:39 AM
...Yes? I believe that's the section I'm in...

Falcon Horus
August 1st, 2017, 09:57 AM
...Yes? I believe that's the section I'm in...

Then it's just a question about what you didn't like about the writing, the focus and where it went. So that any of us can tell you to either move on or watch the rest of the season and then when season 3 (which is filming right now in Vancouver) starts you can try the next season. :)

LtColCarter
August 3rd, 2017, 08:24 AM

Personally...I liked Season 2. It did have a couple of "off" episodes...but most shows do. All-in-all, I enjoyed it.

Falcon Horus
August 3rd, 2017, 08:51 AM
I did too -- and there are episodes I may have watched more than once, more than twice... more than a few times already. :p

LtColCarter
August 3rd, 2017, 08:56 AM
I did too -- and there are episodes I may have watched more than once, more than twice... more than a few times already. :p

I wish I could do that. I have so many shows that my DVR records that I'm lucky to be able to watch them once...LOL.

garhkal
August 3rd, 2017, 12:51 PM
I am wondering if like with S1 and 2, S3 will have any crossovers with arrow/flash/Legends?

jelgate
August 3rd, 2017, 01:02 PM
Its already been confirmed that they are doing a crossover

Falcon Horus
August 3rd, 2017, 01:58 PM
Arrow will even move to monday night for it, instead of airing in its usual timeslot on thursday.

Mark november 27 and 28 in your calendars. They better have Supergirl incorperated properly and not like last time where they only had the part at the end. Winn and Cisco need to meet at least.

garhkal
August 3rd, 2017, 10:20 PM
Arrow will even move to monday night for it, instead of airing in its usual timeslot on thursday.

Where did you hear that from??
BUT I do agree, it would be nice to see Cisco, Felicity AND Winn all geek out.

jelgate
August 4th, 2017, 03:40 AM
CW press release

Starsaber
August 4th, 2017, 07:09 AM

Mark november 27 and 28 in your calendars. They better have Supergirl incorperated properly and not like last time where they only had the part at the end. Winn and Cisco need to meet at least.

From everything I've heard, that's the plan. Last season, they didn't know whether they'd be switching networks when they were scheduling so they didn't plan gaps into the Supergirl schedule to account for crossovers.

Falcon Horus
August 12th, 2017, 08:50 AM
I know there was a reason for it last time, but this time they scheduled in advance so it should be okay. :)

LtColCarter
October 9th, 2017, 07:29 AM
I'm excited that the new season of Supergirl starts tonight. I'll have to record it because I have a long day at work today. :(

Falcon Horus
October 9th, 2017, 10:46 AM
Yup, it's been marked on my calendar to download tomorrow. :D

Some folks are going to be happy this season, others not so much. :p

jelgate
October 9th, 2017, 11:13 AM

I assume we are talking about Linda:P

I'm excited for all my Arrowverse shows to come back

Annoyed
October 9th, 2017, 01:00 PM
I just hope they all stop acting like a bunch of heartsick teenagers in the high school cafeteria.

aretood2
October 9th, 2017, 01:14 PM
I just hope they all stop acting like a bunch of heartsick teenagers in the high school cafeteria.

This is a CW show now...

pjt
October 9th, 2017, 02:09 PM

You surely don't want it cancelled, do you?

jelgate
October 9th, 2017, 03:26 PM
Annoyed wants the old shows where characters were emotionless robots

Annoyed
October 9th, 2017, 03:39 PM
You surely don't want it cancelled, do you?No, I do not want it cancelled. But I don't watch a show of this genre for romantic content.

aretood2
October 9th, 2017, 04:58 PM
To me a lot of SG feels like Lois and Clark, loved that show. They too did some romantic stuff.

Gatefan1976
October 9th, 2017, 05:18 PM
No, I do not want it cancelled. But I don't watch a show of this genre for romantic content.

Comic book?
:lol:
Thor mooning over Jane Foster............
Superman mooning over Lois Lane...........
Batman being emotionally distraught of his parents death......
Punisher driven by the murder of his family by mobsters..........
Professor X wanting the world to be a better place for all........
Arrow wanting to right his fathers wrongs......
Daredevil wanting to fight for Justice........
Ghost rider selling his soul to help his father (or brother)..........
Tony stark trying to make things "work" with Pepper Potts.........
Spider man doing anything for Mary Jane Watson.........

Why do you watch this stuff at all??

Annoyed
October 9th, 2017, 06:23 PM
Of the franchises you mention, I only have watched Batman (you forgot Vicki Vale) Spiderman, Superman and Iron Man.

These franchises generally have one significant relationship, usually between the hero and some person that motivates them, and those relationships are often not romantic.

SG seems to want to make the relationship stuff far more pronounced. How many different pairings have they set up on this show? Hell, they even tried to fix the technology nerd up.

jelgate
October 9th, 2017, 06:38 PM
I guess we are going to ignore how Superman and Spiderman married their significant other. Nothing romantic about that :P

garhkal
October 9th, 2017, 08:41 PM
But those romances, were not all 'front and center'..

pjt
October 10th, 2017, 05:19 AM
No, I do not want it cancelled. But I don't watch a show of this genre for romantic content.

Well, it's the CW. The only shows without "all acting like a bunch of heartsick teenagers in the high school cafeteria." are the cancelled ones. :D

Linda06
October 10th, 2017, 10:39 AM

I'm happy i'll see Katie McGrath again, and i'll be happy if certain rumours become reality :D

Linda06
October 10th, 2017, 10:59 AM
I guess we are going to ignore how Superman and Spiderman married their significant other. Nothing romantic about that :P

I don't mind romance in shows but good grief Sg was like love island last season :eek:

jelgate
October 10th, 2017, 11:28 AM
But those romances, were not all 'front and center'..

Neither are these so your point is unimportant

Starsaber
October 10th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Neither are these so your point is unimportant

The Kara/Mon-El relationship was one of the primary plots of the back half of season 2, I'd consider that pretty front and center. I'm OK with relationships in moderation, but I think they focused on it a bit too much. Not as much as Oliver/Felicity in Season 4 where it took over the show, but closer to that than I'd like.

Linda06
October 10th, 2017, 01:40 PM
The Kara/Mon-El relationship was one of the primary plots of the back half of season 2, I'd consider that pretty front and center. I'm OK with relationships in moderation, but I think they focused on it a bit too much. Not as much as Oliver/Felicity in Season 4 where it took over the show, but closer to that than I'd like.

There was Kara/Mon-El, Alex/Maggie and winn/Lyra. Then you had J'onn pining for M'gann. Only one that didn't try to hook up with anyone is poor James :lol: Instead he got dumped before the romance even had a chance to start

jelgate
October 10th, 2017, 01:41 PM
You are mistaken. The primary plot of the back half of S2 was the Daxamite invasion

Starsaber
October 10th, 2017, 06:06 PM
You are mistaken. The primary plot of the back half of S2 was the Daxamite invasion

That's why I said "one of" and the main reason for the invasion was Mon-El refusing to go back to Daxam with his mother because of his relationship with Kara. Plus the non-Daxamite focused episode with the Myxy love triangle and the Supergirl plot developments from the musical crossover.

Like I said, I'm OK with relationships in moderation and am a big fan of how they've been handling the Alex/Maggie relationship, but the Mon-El one seems like too much too fast.

garhkal
October 10th, 2017, 08:56 PM
There was Kara/Mon-El, Alex/Maggie and winn/Lyra. Then you had J'onn pining for M'gann. Only one that didn't try to hook up with anyone is poor James :lol: Instead he got dumped before the romance even had a chance to start

Very true.. For the most part those 4 relationships WERE very frunt and center.. More so in some manner than the invasion.

jelgate
October 11th, 2017, 08:08 AM
Very true.. For the most part those 4 relationships WERE very frunt and center.. More so in some manner than the invasion.
It was not. It's angry fans doing the same thing again. You see something small you dislike and you blow it out of proportion. I saw all the time in the old days when SGA was airing. Linda was there

Linda06
October 11th, 2017, 01:37 PM
I wiz there

Falcon Horus
October 13th, 2017, 02:24 AM
I assume we are talking about Linda:P

no, this time, I'm talking about myself unfortunately... :(

I'm happy i'll see Katie McGrath again, and i'll be happy if certain rumours become reality :D

And Katie McGrath is so awesome. :D

I miss Mon-El... he needs to come back.

There is one rumour, which is not really a rumour because it was in an interview with one of the execs that has me PO'd at the moment. I won't give up on the show for it, but meh... I won't like it, that's for sure.

jelgate
October 13th, 2017, 04:08 AM
What rumor?

Falcon Horus
October 13th, 2017, 04:39 AM
What rumor?

They're apparently planning to break up Alex and Maggie, or have already done so.

pjt
October 13th, 2017, 05:51 AM
They're apparently planning to break up Alex and Maggie, or have already done so.

Ride or die or whatever?

jelgate
October 13th, 2017, 06:04 AM
That is not something that would bother me

pjt
October 13th, 2017, 06:29 AM

I gathered. But that won't make it less about romances. Just different people will be "romancing". If it's true.

But it doesn't sound legit. They even track Maggie's dad down for the wedding. I know that Floriana is not available, but she could just be transferred to Daxam, or lost in a chronological vortex. Breaking them up is the stupidest cliche.

Starsaber
October 13th, 2017, 07:05 AM

Honestly, of the major romantic relationships on the show, that's the one that I mind the least.