PDA

View Full Version : Hugh Jackman says his Wolverine 3 will be the last.

garhkal
May 8th, 2015, 01:13 PM
Hugh Jackman has said on comicbook.com that the upcoming Wolvie 3 will be the last time he 'suits' up for playing our favored Logan.:mad:

So does this potentially mean after Xmen apocalypse, we won't get any more wolvie? Or will they just have someone take over for him?

P-90_177
May 8th, 2015, 02:36 PM
Hugh Jackman has said on comicbook.com that the upcoming Wolvie 3 will be the last time he 'suits' up for playing our favored Logan.:mad:

So does this potentially mean after Xmen apocalypse, we won't get any more wolvie? Or will they just have someone take over for him?

He just meant for standalone Wolverine films. He might still do X-Men, but who knows. He is going to get to old for the part eventually so sooner or later he has to stop.

jelgate
May 8th, 2015, 04:21 PM
I think its about the time. Wolverine has been oversaturated IMO with the X-Men movies

P-90_177
May 8th, 2015, 04:29 PM
I think its about the time. Wolverine has been oversaturated IMO with the X-Men movies

I agree. I like Wolverine but the focus on him has detracted from all other great characters in the comics. In particular Cyclops who is supposed to be so much more.

jelgate
May 8th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I agree. I like Wolverine but the focus on him has detracted from all other great characters in the comics. In particular Cyclops who is supposed to be so much more.
We won't mention the unnameable movie

ZRFTS
May 9th, 2015, 06:17 PM

I enjoyed the 2nd one but that's about it... Hopefully the 3rd Wolverine will allow the creators to focus on the other characters after he hangs up the coat.

thekillman
May 10th, 2015, 03:59 AM
didn't he say that once before?

garhkal
May 10th, 2015, 01:43 PM
Well, looking at the 'superhero' movie release schedule, we see
X-men Age of apocalypse 2016
Wolvie 3 for 2017
and X-men untitled in 2018.

Teddybrown
May 11th, 2015, 05:04 AM
Does he mean he wont star in Wolverine movies, but will star in the collective XMen films, or retiring from the role all together?

If so, which movies will he be appearing in before his retirement?

garhkal
May 11th, 2015, 04:40 PM
According to this (http://www.fansshare.com/news/hugh-jackman-quitting-as-wolverine-following-wolverine-3/) article, he will be in Xmen apocalypse before wolvie 3, then hangs up the claws.

We will next get to see Hugh Jackman as Wolverine in X-Men: Apocalypse, which opens on May 19, 2016 in the UK and May 27, 2016 in the US, before Wolverine 3 hits the big screen on March 2, 2017 in the UK and March 3, 2017 in the US. It will then be time to say goodbye to Hugh Jackman as Wolverine.

Starsaber
May 12th, 2015, 04:31 AM

Just like the comics then. ;)

garhkal
May 12th, 2015, 02:31 PM
True, he seems to have been the most crossed over hero with all the rest of the marvel comics..