This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions about the Cylons in BSG

Are the humanoid Cylons stronger and more endurable than normal humans? Do they have any special senses like night vision, enhanced hearing, etc.?

Also, do you think a Goa'uld symbiote would be able to take over a humanoid Cylon?

Yes. Yes they do. They come with power locks and doors aswell.

I think inorder to keep the whole 'human' characteristic thing going, they won't have any enhanced visual sensors. But I'm sure increased strength they have.

As for symbiotes...I doubt it, because at some level, the Cylons are still macinical, and remember Tin Man? Harlan couldn't incorporate a symbiote into Teal'c, so I don't think they would work together (symbiotes and Cylons).

Just what I think.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
    [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

They're stronger than normal humans, and they have red light bulbs stuck in their spine (the female ones at least). In the pilot episode, when one of them was having sex, her spine was glowing red.
      Parap pup pup paaa ... I'm Lovin' It!

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
        They're stronger than normal humans, and they have red light bulbs stuck in their spine (the female ones at least). In the pilot episode, when one of them was having sex, her spine was glowing red.
        Ya, so did Boomer when she was doin' it with Helo.

Hey, another question...were there ever real human versions of the humanoid Cylons, like Boomer, or were they created to simply assume a role and grow with it? There are two copies of Boomer, so is the original dead, or was there never an original?

And how is Dr. Baltar communicating with Number 6?

Comment

As of this point we assume all have been manufactured.

Baltar stated that 6 implanted some type of device into his head one night when he was sleeping. She has been comunnicating with him life that ever since. She reinforced this idea in 33, I beleive when Baltar was talking to her at his mental Caprica Villa.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Hmmm.... I just thought of a new cylon detector that has no need for weapons grade plutonium or going through test tubes, just a sample of the best looking female cylons.

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
              Ya, so did Boomer when she was doin' it with Helo.

Hey, another question...were there ever real human versions of the humanoid Cylons, like Boomer, or were they created to simply assume a role and grow with it? There are two copies of Boomer, so is the original dead, or was there never an original?

I think that Boomer, 6, Leisure Suit Larry, and what's his face are clone copies of humans captured during the war 50 years ago. Taking a real human from infancy and reprograming it and adding whatever tools that the cylons needed to give them.
              As far as how Baltar talks to 6 there could be some answers. There is almost certainly some type of implant that lets 6 talk to him. Clearly Baltar isn't just crazy. Maybe Galactica Boomer carries the signal some how. Maybe the Cylons have some FTL communication device. I am thinking that their "God" does exist but I doubt it's what a human would consider a god. Maybe it's some weird superpowerful computer like the Technocores god.

Comment

In 33 Boomer was the only pilot type not to get really knackered.

Madeleine

Comment

I am a little confused over the human Cylon thing.

Is it that;

As they were created, machines, by humans then their belief is to
                  become, in the words "in the likeness of their God, human?

If so, then why are the trying to destroy humans. Or is it that they
                  want them to find Earth and therefore find the orgins of their God, the
                  original planet of humans?

Gareth

Comment

*** SPOILER for last episode of first series ***

In the last episode of the first series, they reveal they want the next generation to be human/humanoid-cylon hybrid.

I think, they thinned out the human population to make that easier.

Also, they don't feel humans are god to them. In one episode the captured cylon did say that it is either believing in a supreme being or believing that the humans are their gods. And the humans believe in the greek gods, not a single god.

Comment

The Cylons kinda want 2 replace humans and Earth is not the original planet of humans, Kobol is, Earth is just the 13th colony where the lost tribe ended up.
                      Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by WormholeAlien
                        *** SPOILER for last episode of first series ***

In the last episode of the first series, they reveal they want the next generation to be human/humanoid-cylon hybrid.

I think, they thinned out the human population to make that easier.

Also, they don't feel humans are god to them. In one episode the captured cylon did say that it is either believing in a supreme being or believing that the humans are their gods. And the humans believe in the greek gods, not a single god.
                        Boomer and Helo's child is the hybrid. Supoosedly.

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                          Yes. Yes they do. They come with power locks and doors aswell.

I think inorder to keep the whole 'human' characteristic thing going, they won't have any enhanced visual sensors. But I'm sure increased strength they have.

As for symbiotes...I doubt it, because at some level, the Cylons are still macinical, and remember Tin Man? Harlan couldn't incorporate a symbiote into Teal'c, so I don't think they would work together (symbiotes and Cylons).

Just what I think.
                          I know Boomer was the only pilot in 33 that wasn't exhausted both mentally and physically. Baltar was able to hold the bathroom door on the Blond Cylon in the last episode so I don't think they are stronger. The are probably comparable to a genetically enhanced human. Quicker reaction times, perfect vision, eye hand coordination but still organic and limited to the body they posses.

LEE IS NOT A CYLON

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                            There was mention at some point about a chip implated in Baltar, but I'd like to know about last week's episode where 6 got angry at Baltar and the others could see her - she even came on to Adama. In the end she just disappeared and it was back to just Baltar seeing her.

I'm so confused.

When all else fails, change channels.

Comment

Enigma.

I think that while there are cylon Sixes in the fleet, the one in Baltar's head is just a manifestation of his guilt. All those clues he is getting from her is just his brain operating on gut feelings (if that makes sense).

Comment

Working...
                              X